Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards Not Given Do To Inactivity

F3mi

*Takes of straw Farmers hat*

Okay so i went Hunting or rather farming for a frost part in T3 Defense earlier today and trust me i was trying to get it done quick cause i had things to do this morning 

Completed wave 1-14 and i was like , Holy crap , really nature? now is when you make such a call??  I then leave my laptop and come back in time for wave 18 and Decided to check what reward was given and Lo and Behold, I WASNT GIVEN DUE TO INACTIVITY

I'm not so phased but what if that was a round c wave ? all the work put in for nothing?? i would just waste my time for no reward due to unforeseen circumstances

@ DE please remove this cause im pretty sure that im not the only one that goes through events like this(meaning circumstances when i have to leave the game) , Hey Hey i may be a newbie but we all know  to put real life before gaming , others may not receive natures call but something else might come up and due to this new feature could result in a complete waste of time  

Big ups to you for the new frame tho, Looks ready for harvesting 

Much love ,

Femi from Nigeria 

in u18 i went into an alert an wanted to try if i was afk that i wouldn't get the reward... i was afk straight for about 30-60 mins . but i still got the reward when coming back.... my squad didnt even notice i was there

EDIT: trying to remove typos , but due to my internet connection on school and the fact that im typing on an Ipad , typos will remain.

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

Well, the reason of this feature has already been explained. Sadly the software has no way to distinguish between afk leechers and people going afk because of real life reasons (nature calling, short tasks, etc.), and thus anyone going afk gets the same treatment.

Sad, but there's nothing the community can do here on the forums about this topic. (and most likely the same for support)

Greetings fellow tenno.

The inactivity timer is there for that specific reason, so you don't go afk during a mission and leech off others.

I think I should feel bad for assuming an African man's accent after reading this bit.

Well i understand but it sucks that people like me have to suffer the same fate as leechers

and lmao i have a british Accent 

Edited by F3mi

Well, the reason of this feature has already been explained. Sadly the software has no way to distinguish between afk leechers and people going afk because of real life reasons (nature calling, short tasks, etc.), and thus anyone going afk gets the same treatment.

Sad, but there's nothing the community can do here on the forums about this topic. (and most likely the same for support)

Greetings fellow tenno.

what if they start inactivity timer after roughly 5/10mins of inactivity cause it sucks man , i feel like i just wasted my key 

too bad, you got bitten by the AFK system. it happens, but we need this system, otherwise people will sit on their &#! doing nothing for rewards. it's not even foolproof as it is, if you move every 2 minutes or so, the game still thinks you're participating.

you should rubber-band your sticks together, usually works for me.

It should not be removed, if it was then we would have more and more people leeching in maps, especially into the void.

At least this system gives some punishment, but there are still people doing nothing yet moving the minimum in order to still get the rewards.

As for your case, I really know the feeling. I cannot do endless missions because every 5-10 minutes I am called to do this and that (pain in the arse).

It should not be removed, if it was then we would have more and more people leeching in maps, especially into the void.

At least this system gives some punishment, but there are still people doing nothing yet moving the minimum in order to still get the rewards.

As for your case, I really know the feeling. I cannot do endless missions because every 5-10 minutes I am called to do this and that (pain in the arse).

Thought i was the only one, really ticks me off tbh

I think games are meant for your free time and not for when you have other responsibilities.

Oh really, Sherlock?

How did you figure out that? You must be such a genius!

The fact that even in your free time people depend on you should clarify it all!

Assuming I have responsibilities to still do when I am playing only makes you wrong.

the afk timer needs to be a min of 3-4 mins, maybe even 5 mins

but the current 1-2 mins is ricidulous

if im a kickass frost and im doing my job so well that all i have to do is press 3, maybe press 2/4 and shoot the enemies, i get 'punished' for not running around under the current system =/

its just not designed well atm, basically if u design a macro/bot whatevs to occasionally move u around a bit, ppl can still afk all day

im not hatin on DE specifically here, but the current ingame afk penalty is not as user-friendly as it could be, far too often it punishes non-afk players =[

Oh really, Sherlock?

How did you figure out that? You must be such a genius!

The fact that even in your free time people depend on you should clarify it all!

Assuming I have responsibilities to still do when I am playing only makes you wrong.

He is right though. If im playing and i have to AFK to get the phone or answer the door i will accept that i forfeit rewards for that segment and i face the possibility of game death, and so will hurry to conclude my business and return to my team. If you lost all rewards for going afk then that would be bad, but i see no issue with not earning rewards for waves you havnt taken part in (he was away for 4 rounds, which is nearly a full rotation.)

the afk timer needs to be a min of 3-4 mins, maybe even 5 mins

but the current 1-2 mins is ricidulous

if im a kickass frost and im doing my job so well that all i have to do is press 3, maybe press 2/4 and shoot the enemies, i get 'punished' for not running around under the current system =/

its just not designed well atm, basically if u design a macro/bot whatevs to occasionally move u around a bit, ppl can still afk all day

im not hatin on DE specifically here, but the current ingame afk penalty is not as user-friendly as it could be, far too often it punishes non-afk players =[

THANKYOUU

i was doing an ice cold job too

He is right though. If im playing and i have to AFK to get the phone or answer the door i will accept that i forfeit rewards for that segment and i face the possibility of game death, and so will hurry to conclude my business and return to my team. If you lost all rewards for going afk then that would be bad, but i see no issue with not earning rewards for waves you havnt taken part in (he was away for 4 rounds, which is nearly a full rotation.)

Well i see the light in what you're saying but they should still increase the timer 

Tell you what guys.... In Surv or Def, if you go afk like 15-30 mins, grab an object that is small enough to fit on a keyboard letter and find a secluded area on the map.

Crouch (Permanently), face a wall and place that small heavy object in the "W" key. That way it prevents you from being considered as AFK. :")

(I tried this and works well!!)

Edited by Arkstorm

I dont think an AFK system is even really needed for void. you go into void with a group you assemble yourself, you dont get paired with complete strangers, randomly picked by the system. If people you invite to void runs have malicious intent i say an afk timer is not going to do much to deter their behavior.

This system is very much needed for regular/nightmare missions, where you do end up with random people. At one point it got so bad that i'd consistently get at least one afk'er, and more often two than none. Void missions i didnt have this problem, never have i had this problem in void missions.

Tell you what guys.... In Surv or Def, if you go afk like 15-30 mins, grab an object that is small enough to fit on a keyboard letter and find a secluded area on the map.

Crouch (Permanently), face a wall and place that small heavy object in the "W" key. That way it prevents you from being considered as AFK. :")

(I tried this and works well!!)

Haha tried it yesterday till it hit my airplane mode key :'')

Ash Bp gone just like that