The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Isn't Going To Buy Or Farm For Nezha Out Of Principle?

OldGodKing

I feel like people are burned out because we got 3 new frames within a few weeks of each other, all of which are grindy to get and are behind timewalls like sorties, alertium, and dojo research time/cost. Yes this is grindy-er than most non prime frames, but at the same time its new content and DE is a business after all. I do think it was a mistake to release 3 grindy frames very close to each other just because of the community reaction that ensues. People get tired of the grind pretty quick (including myself) and, as this post validates, might cause fewer people to even play the frame (as compared to releasing them further apart from each other so the content is more digestible).

I don't think nazha should be in the sortie drop-table. It just seems out of place and out of context and the small chance of getting one part per 24 hours is a huge change in how fast we can obtain the frame (without trade/plat). It just doesn't seem right for a frame that isn't all that special compared to its brethren.

I feel like DE was in a rush to get both of these frames (wu kong and nezha) out before the end of the year to keep promises, but at the end of the day I would rather these frames be late, and implemented correctly with appropriate context (you know, like what DE said about Umbra). Maybe with a short intro quest, nothing complex (even copy and paste would suffice) just so that they have a place in the universe.

Das jus me doe.

-snip-

Multiplayer games don't have all their lore on release. Warframe was never meant to or expected to get as big as it did. The thing that separates multiplayer online story games and single player story games is that multiplayer online story games grow and expand over time. The story and the community develop together- and that's what makes them such a unique experience. It's why people have issues getting into WoW or other MMOs. If you weren't there- it's just not the same.

@OP I have no issues with nezha's obtainment method. It's not money grubbing, it's slowing progression which I am personally VERY happy DE finally put their foot down to start doing. As for nezha as a whole. I see all 4 skills as things that could have been other things reworked. Eg: the field of spikes is 100% what radial javelin always wanted to be. The Glaive teleport swap thing is what could have happened with shuriken/teleport synergy on ash to give more reason for using the former and giving the targetless ability people always wanted on the latter. In other words, in my eyes Nezha is a bundle of wasted potential that was thrown together with no real theme and had a made in china label slapped on it and shipped over here. Both chinaframes now don't care about release order. Both do not care about the game's styling of mixing multiple inspiration together- they just use chinese culture alone which is not right, it's like an invasion. Both have no real "theme" to their abilities, they seem thrown together with whatever they could think of- most of which is either essentially another ability, or what another ability could be. Then there's the sheer power of them. Wukong isn't OP by himself, but using the right mods, one of his abilities that I shall not name is EXTREMELY easy to abuse in a way that should have been thought of and prevented.

TL;DR DE is a business that needs money, how he is obtained is fine, people need to stop being impatient and lazy / entitled. Chinaframes need to fit into warframe better and be treated with the global build in mind instead of having stuff thrown together for their sake alone, that we will inevitably get.

So it's OKAY if arcanes are rewards for Raid (20+ mins per day and not guaranteed needed one reward)?

Just deal with it people. Not everyone wants Dera or Karak. Not everyone wants Nezha.

You're making too much sense - stop him! HE'S COMMITTING A CRIME AGAINST THE HIVE MIND!

Multiplayer games don't have all their lore on release. Warframe was never meant to or expected to get as big as it did. The thing that separates multiplayer online story games and single player story games is that multiplayer online story games grow and expand over time. The story and the community develop together- and that's what makes them such a unique experience. It's why people have issues getting into WoW or other MMOs. If you weren't there- it's just not the same.

Which is exactly how I see it - it makes no sense for anyone to be worked up on nehza or wukong just because they are without lore CURRENTLY - that could be said about all previous frames that arrived after Excalibur.

"I'm not gonna buy it because it is not with lore and it is part of another grind aspect of a grind game."

Ludicrous!

And no not the rapper! But even he'd have some words for people like this...like "Move" and "Get out the way"

Edited by ViLeDeth

I think it's perfectly fine.

Grind is a part of this game, and I'd rather have different methods of grind instead of slaying bosses all the time.

The parts are tradable as well, so that opens up the trade market too.

This isn't another case of Booben.

We have a spoiled community that want instant gratification.

While I think honestly that the last cases have been a bit extreme (Equinox specially) this is still a thousand times better than when back in the day the old RNG algorithm was used and I had to farm for the Frost Prime parts in the Void. Do you know how much time did it take? More than a whole month. Three if I remember correctly.

You can run Sorties once a day, With rewards being here at minimum 15 days. That's 15 chances of getting enough parts to either:

-Get Nezha whole.

-Get enough stuff to trade for Nezha parts. Not everyone's going to be that Trade chat seller that just wants a hefty amount of Plat. Also remember to ask clanmates and alliance people as well. It's impossible in this game with so many players you guys can't find a good deal with your own already existing stuff.

While I think honestly that the last cases have been a bit extreme (Equinox specially) this is still a thousand times better than when back in the day the old RNG algorithm was used and I had to farm for the Frost Prime parts in the Void. Do you know how much time did it take? More than a whole month. Three if I remember correctly.

You can run Sorties once a day, With rewards being here at minimum 15 days. That's 15 chances of getting enough parts to either:

-Get Nezha whole.

-Get enough stuff to trade for Nezha parts. Not everyone's going to be that Trade chat seller that just wants a hefty amount of Plat. Also remember to ask clanmates and alliance people as well. It's impossible in this game with so many players you guys can't find a good deal with your own already existing stuff.

Even if you tell others these, I have complete certainty they would still complain even if you showed them they could easily still get the parts via trade with other parts for a set or just by giving luck a chance.

The other thing people forget to do is question what will happen when the Season 2 reward table is over, where will nehza go? If alert its not a problem if a quest or new boss, its not a problem. Baro Ki'Teer is the only unreasonable place for a warframe. You can't grind him.

-Get Nezha whole.

Nezha is a permanent addition to all coming seasons afaik.

Would be logical at least.

Edited by Airwolfen

Even better, the chance for nehza is still damn good for anyone. I will never see how it is an issue unless he was tied to Baro and that would be justifiable for others to be angry about.

because his parts will be a dead reward after you build him, and his parts will be worthless inside and outside the trade chat

because his parts will be a dead reward after you build him, and his parts will be worthless inside and outside the trade chat

And in due time 1 of these two things can happen. Relocation for his parts when DE creates a new method or he sits there as an RNG burden. Better than being tied to Baro's shop. Then again... if DE puts him in there... lol. Maybe I want to see what happens around here if he gets put into Baro's shop.

Well, Nezha looks like a blatant attempt to tempt the short patience of those who would rather shell out the Platinum than having to stand bad luck in Sorties. Yes, it really looks like a "pay now and spare yourself the annoyance, or farm like usual and rage like mad". Paying used to be a possible shortcut, not almost the best road.

But, you know, some of us players believe that Nezha is still farmable. Some others of us don't have the money (or don't want to put money) to skip the grind wall.

Besides, it might be odd to say that, but "Out of principle" means nearly nothing in an environment that is purely related to gaming, free time, and how you decide to spend your time when you're not on your daily chores (or skipping them for whatever reason).

So, to make it short:

I understand the complaints. I would well agree with them, since I'm not one of the few luckiest players that seem to earn the favours of RNG every time (though sometimes I do).

But since it's not human rights or matters of survival we're debating on, I might as well not join the blame wagon and be patient. After all, I'm a completionist, but this is still just a game.

Personal thinking.

you cant really farm him, you either do sorties and get sub-par rewards for the effort or you have a life and do things like talk to your loved ones.

I'm a friggin founder because I believed in this game, but some of DEs decisions are just bothering and disgusting me to the point where I regret believing in them doing it better than AAA. So now I believe in nothing anymore, just look at this world full of capitalists

Edited by Jenvas1306

DE has finally found my breaking point.

Time gated stuff behind clan research and Alertium? I can handle that.

Grind gating stuff behind diluted loot tables? I can handle that.

Gating stuff behind a highly diluted loot table you only get to roll on once per 24 hours? That's too much.

So congratulations DE, this is the first Warframe I'm buying from your market with plat. I'll just recoup the cost by selling any Nezah bits that drop in sorties at the extortionate rate I'm sure they'll go for on the trade channel and by not buying the Loki skin.

Everyone else: get used to it, we'll probably be seeing more stuff that is at least as obnoxious to get as Nezah in the future.

making it sortie only blocks him from new players, and making it a full on gamble to even get a part a day is just a royal pain in the arse, as it is with getting the right focus lenses is (I.E getting ones for the few paths you want to focus on) 

I do hope they make him more available in another way - I think its a frame I will enjoy- I don't mind grind I just don't like constant random chance. rubbish.

Me and my partner have all-ready put in enough plat, I'm not buying yet more for a frame I can't get just because the devs are screwing us over though, not worth it.