Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt: The King Of Second Place

(XBOX)Most Evil Coral

Holy Heck, some of that stuff sounds amazing , 200% crit damage added?! I'll have to try that with My Soma and Lex primes, just to check.

It's crazy good with snipers and bows too. +50% extra electric damage and another +x2 on the crits... You can make gigantic red numbers with the dread + volt.

Back in the day I forma'ed out two of his ability slots and only ran with speed and shield. Used to be OP as all hell with the synapse... or something... I kinda forget... there was a beam weapon that was op as heck with super boosted damage and practically unlimited range.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Holy Heck, some of that stuff sounds amazing , 200% crit damage added?! I'll have to try that with My Soma and Lex primes, just to check.

Im sorry, im not trying to single you out, but I see this with a lot of people about ALL of the frames. People want something reworked or changed or say something is bad without even knowing what the frame or weapon can really do...

I really think if people took some extra time to really explore something, their opinions would be different, and might hold some more weight when a change is suggested.

I main volt and know exactly what he can do. Could his powers be tweaked a little? Sure. But im against it because I dont want him to turn into another excalibur, or risk him losing what makes him so great.

Im sorry, im not trying to single you out, but I see this with a lot of people about ALL of the frames. People want something reworked or changed or say something is bad without even knowing what the frame or weapon can really do...

I really think if people took some extra time to really explore something, their opinions would be different, and might hold some more weight when a change is suggested.

I main volt and know exactly what he can do. Could his powers be tweaked a little? Sure. But im against it because I dont want him to turn into another excalibur, or risk him losing what makes him so great.

I know how you feel, Volt was actually one of my most played frames early game, I actually bought him, with plat cause i wanted to play him so bad, He didn't disappoint, and he doesn't, right now I own Volt prime, and bless him I love him so much, but he just needs a little tweaking, or maybe just a straight up buff to his ability damage, to make me want to run him an the higher tier stuff.

i always love volt ( he is my first warframe and i playing the volt p ) but the 1 and 4 spell is realy bad, i think too make good the first and is good to ember and frost, is like secondary mod boost the damage soo the spell stay the same and he can be great in hl mission,and the ultimate , i think a rework i needed, like the ultimate of ivara but with lighning

sorry for my bad english

I know how you feel, Volt was actually one of my most played frames early game, I actually bought him, with plat cause i wanted to play him so bad, He didn't disappoint, and he doesn't, right now I own Volt prime, and bless him I love him so much, but he just needs a little tweaking, or maybe just a straight up buff to his ability damage, to make me want to run him an the higher tier stuff.

Heres 10 heavy gunners at lvl 105. Melee only.

Volt is a beast.

Edit: What im trying to say is, he is perfectly capable of higher tier stuff. All thats needed is a little practice. I regularly run him on sorties or raids.

Edited by Faulcun

The thing that annoys me about volt is how explosives still go through walls, which makes volt's shield useless against grenades and rockets.

Electric shield description: "Volt deploys an obstacle of energy, providing cover in any situation." Yeah except when explosives are involved.

As for reworks I wouldn't mind one for volt but honestly limbo needs one more.

Well, if that happens, all explosives will get reworked, including ours. If you are ok with that, bring it on.

First and foremost, I would like to say that I love you Digital Extremes, you always continue to impress. Secondly, I don't post very often on the forums (at all, actually,) but as a Volt player, a want to see a Volt rework very badly, and to give some reasons as to why he needs a rework. Now, onto the ranting:

Volt is currently a fairly good Warframe, and his abilities are very diverse, however they are all bested by another Warframe's abilities. For instance, shock is a decent stunning ability, but it has nothing on abilities such as radial blind, which is understandable, as radial blind is the second power for Excalibur, while Shock is Volt's second power. At the end of the day however, the stun from Volt's shock is extremely short lived, and only buys you a second before enemies resume killing you, making it a mediocre ability. As for Volt's second ability Speed, for the longest time it was the selling point of Volt for the longest time. However, Speed now takes second place compared to Nezha's Fire Walker. Nezha's Fire Walker does the same thing, plus it adds a fairly powerful flame proc, completely rendering Speed obsolete in comparison. Now on to Volt's third ability, Electric Shield. While it does a decent job at providing Volt with a strong shield to hide behind, a group would almost certainly laugh at you if you decided to bring Volt for his Electric Shield over Frost for his Snow Globe in any mission, as Snow Globe gives you a fortress, while Electric Shield keeps you safe from maybe one to four enemies. Speaking of Frost, Volt's fourth ability, Overload, barely even compares to most fourth abilities such as Avalanche. I mean yeah Overload makes enemies dance a little bit, which as fun as it is to watch, doesn't really compensate for the fact that the damage is only good if you throw on every power strength mod possible and you're fighting Corpus.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that with time Volt has become the single most outdated Warframe in the game. While its understandable that he isn't a god-like Warframe that is ultra-unique, I feel that he has become obsolete, as there is a better alternative, and he only shines in the category of burning out the light bulbs in Corpus ships. 

Volts shield is perfect, all his other abilities could use a rework. BUt shield is perfect. And in fact,  volt is more preferable over frost when you are trying to break the records. Volts shield is invulnearible, while frost's shield is in-maintainable at very high levels.

Volts shield , when modded, offers 50 sec invul shield for 40 energy. You can easily keep 3 shields active at same time, just properly place them and you are good to go.

Volt's shield gives massive damage boost to crit weapons, and the bonus is stackable for burst usage.

So simply, volts shield is perfect as it already is, it needs no rework.

However, his other abilities could use a rework. (Especially ultimate, his ulti is undoubtedly one of the weakest skills in whole game, let alone being one of the weakest ultis).

His speed is good, but it gets boring too fast. It could use some fancy mechanic, such adding a electric discharge on enemies hit, on second application, causing 10 meter electrical explosion dealing damage, which could make him more fun.

And aganist explosions, just use 2 shields , with 2 meters distance between, you wont get hit by explosions that way. 

Most importantly however, his ulti and his first skill need complete overhauls. I would like some chances to speed, DO NOT TOUCH HIS SHIELD.

This is coming from a guy that plays only and only volt. I do not switch , not even on spy missions.

why do you think that?

Obvious reasons. WAY too low basedamage on all of his abilitys, near to no CC, real bad basestats even tho melee should be a actuall option for him, low durations, low effect, near to no synergy ability and buildwise. You litteraly get better resulty with evry other frame in the game.

His prime can be appealing with endgame mods, placed in early-midgame missions but that's rly nothing but the mods playing for you.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

It's crazy good with snipers and bows too. +50% extra electric damage and another +x2 on the crits... You can make gigantic red numbers with the dread + volt.

Back in the day I forma'ed out two of his ability slots and only ran with speed and shield. Used to be OP as all hell with the synapse... or something... I kinda forget... there was a beam weapon that was op as heck with super boosted damage and practically unlimited range.

Amprex when fired thru volt shield loses its maximum range defect thats prolly what you are thinking about also its a red crit weapon so it prolly has something to do with the boosted crits critting woth boosted crits pushing its aoe arching to over 200k dps per taeget

Volt is a beast.

Edit: What im trying to say is, he is perfectly capable of higher tier stuff. All thats needed is a little practice. I regularly run him on sorties or raids.

Volt have good toolkit with broken 4rd, but you make it sounds like he is super amazing, which is not. Aoe bypass shields (which can be lethal at high lvl), bad damage and long animation of 4rd also need to go. "I dont want him to turn into another excalibur" but excal can kill those 105 lvl gunners in like 5-10 sec also with melee only, while you take 3 mins, isn't this make excel "beast" too?

Volt have good toolkit with broken 4rd, but you make it sounds like he is super amazing, which is not. Aoe bypass shields (which can be lethal at high lvl), bad damage and long animation of 4rd also need to go. "I dont want him to turn into another excalibur" but excal can kill those 105 lvl gunners in like 5-10 sec also with melee only, while you take 3 mins, isn't this make excel "beast" too?

broken.

Obvious reasons. WAY too low basedamage on all of his abilitys, near to no CC, real bad basestats even tho melee should be a actuall option for him, low durations, low effect, near to no synergy ability and buildwise. You litteraly get better resulty with evry other frame in the game.

His prime can be appealing with endgame mods, placed in early-midgame missions but that's rly nothing but the mods playing for you.

My video shows otherwise, so ill have to disagree with you. Volt is a better utility frame than a damage frame.

Thats what you call broken. Excal has been turned into a scrub frame.

Volt IS amazing. There are 28 different frames not including primes. Less than 10 have a comfortable means to take on that high level melee only. And most of those rely on a power that removes most responsibility from the player to even be remotely mindful of incoming damage.

My video shows otherwise, so ill have to disagree with you. Volt is a better utility frame than a damage frame.

And what exactly does it show? You warding yourself from 4 guys with 3 shields? Is this remotely effective? Stunning single dudes over and over AND OVER, what other frames can do with a single cast? Getting controlled energy from a small quantity of enemys that would DESTROY you in a regular game in the matter of seconds? Just because of the number of enemys shooting at you from all directions.

Dude, i play the same way with my valkyr, never bothered with hysteria, and she has the means to kill this kinda group in the matter of seconds. To even stand firm against a army of these guys like it's nothing.

Lemme guess, full duration/str build including narrow mindet? Did you notice that his status-range is also affected by range while the duration isn't? Meaning that DE actually bothered scripting a seperate status for him but still screwed him over. Is there any reason not to include all kinda stats to his electric shield? Ya know, how it originaly was. It had at least range influence in his early days. He has melee potential, wouldn't it do him good if he had a carryable shield that would ward bullets from a direction all the time while pushing his melee damage?

Point stands, he is at the very bottom of the frame list. Evry single other frame gets more for less. He is playable but he doesn't benefit from anything in the game. Not from strength, not from range, not even from duration how he could.

Well, make usage of his insanely high energy count for survivability, it really helps alot, however volt primes base armor increasing from 100 to 150 would really help a great deal in late game for melee.

Volt is a beast.

i have 0 idea what are you trying to prove here

took you 3 minutes to kill 10 gunners 1 by 1 i guess rest of the void had lunchtime

And what exactly does it show? You warding yourself from 4 guys with 3 shields? Is this remotely effective? Stunning single dudes over and over AND OVER, what other frames can do with a single cast? Getting controlled energy from a small quantity of enemys that would DESTROY you in a regular game in the matter of seconds? Just because of the number of enemys shooting at you from all directions.

Dude, i play the same way with my valkyr, never bothered with hysteria, and she has the means to kill this kinda group in the matter of seconds. To even stand firm against a army of these guys like it's nothing.

Lemme guess, full duration/str build including narrow mindet? Did you notice that his status-range is also affected by range while the duration isn't? Meaning that DE actually bothered scripting a seperate status for him but still screwed him over. Is there any reason not to include all kinda stats to his electric shield? Ya know, how it originaly was. It had at least range influence in his early days. He has melee potential, wouldn't it do him good if he had a carryable shield that would ward bullets from a direction all the time while pushing his melee damage?

Point stands, he is at the very bottom of the frame list. Evry single other frame gets more for less. He is playable but he doesn't benefit from anything in the game. Not from strength, not from range, not even from duration how he could.

nope, no narrow minded, very simple build. Link is posted in the description.

i have 0 idea what are you trying to prove here

took you 3 minutes to kill 10 gunners 1 by 1 i guess rest of the void had lunchtime

^ Try it.

You are both missing the point. In that video, Im not shooting back! 3 min, or 20 min.... makes no difference if volt can survive for the duration that is required to get the job done. I could have used a rifle and stood on one side of the room with a shield up and killed them all quickly. What I did was much harder and I didnt need to spam 4 to do it. It doesnt even matter if they are lvl 105 or 200. Volt can survive without turning invisible, spamming 4 or invulnerability, or plastering the map with energy waves.

How many frames can get up close and personal like that without using 4, let alone spamming it? 6 or 7 maybe? Lets make it apples to apples and cut out invisibility so enemies actually shoot at you and you can take damage. You can count those frames on one hand.

Now lets look at this in a more realistic setting where you have a full team with you and you are actually shooting back. Using shields in doorways, or even in random places. Now your teammates have at least some kind of cover and a free damage boost. What I was doing was using his powers in a principle way. Apply that to the rest of your weapons and he is the backbone of the team.

On top of that, my focus ability allows me to instantly revive people. Combine that with his speed, and you are the fastest medic in the game. A good volt is usually picking everybody else up. He does not need to be made into some kind of nuke frame.

Edited by Faulcun

i think u forgot to add another 10+ bombards 20+ corrupted 5 + nulfiers to the test

but i guess they all had lunchtime and yeah no matter if it take u 20 min to kill 10 mobs meantime they ill blow up ur pod that you tryed to defend or else u  run out of oxygen in surv

/inserts facepalm here

i think u forgot to add another 10+ bombards 20+ corrupted 5 + nulfiers to the test

but i guess they all had lunchtime and yeah no matter if it take u 20 min to kill 10 mobs meantime they ill blow up ur pod that you tryed to defend or else u  run out of oxygen in surv

/inserts facepalm here

You're still missing the point.

His Electric Shields and Shock kept him alive for 3 minutes against level 105 Heavy Gunners. And while it took him that long to kill them all with the Prisma Cleavers, you wouldn't be limiting yourself to those in a real survival mission. You'd be using a crit heavy primary, like the Tonkor or the Vaykor Hek. Those can wipe the floor with level 100 gunners, especially with the boost from Electric Shield.

You're still missing the point.

His Electric Shields and Shock kept him alive for 3 minutes against level 105 Heavy Gunners. And while it took him that long to kill them all with the Prisma Cleavers, you wouldn't be limiting yourself to those in a real survival mission. You'd be using a crit heavy primary, like the Tonkor or the Vaykor Hek. Those can wipe the floor with level 100 gunners, especially with the boost from Electric Shield.

and u dont see my point

u fight only vs heavy gunners in this game?