Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Idea

HidonWasTaken

Hey guys,

So I've been re-watching RWBY and recently saw Kingsman and that gave me a thought. Why not have an umbrella weapon? Blocking animation opens the umbrella in front of the warframe. Static animation could open the umbrella over the shoulder and twist the grip to spin it. Just a thought, no clue whether it would be status or a crit weapon but I'd love to play as Limbo, beat a rather rude grineer over it's head in a displeased manor.

Please feel free to comment about it.

-FP

No thank you. Play Saints Row.

How in holy hell would an umbrella weapon ever be useful, whether it be as an ornate piece or actual combat armament in Warframe? Sure, we have ALL kinds of weird firearms and melee weapons, but they're all efficient and don't serve as a mild atmospheric deterrent while not in combat.
Please.

No thank you. Play Saints Row.

How in holy hell would an umbrella weapon ever be useful, whether it be as an ornate piece or actual combat armament in Warframe? Sure, we have ALL kinds of weird firearms and melee weapons, but they're all efficient and don't serve as a mild atmospheric deterrent while not in combat.

Please.

So tell me how a stick of infected flesh would be useful? It's an idea and clearly wouldn't be a polka dot umbrella from the local shop. DE clearly don't take the game as serious as most people here seem to be claiming, they can make limbo, events with silly hats, moustaches etc, then a simple weapon like this could be pretty cool. It could even be from a storyline where you find out about how tenno used to live, how they came to be. We have endless amounts of swords/polearms, isn't it time we branch out more, like with the nunchucks, daggers with whips, why not a combat umbrella?

as a temporary skin for a weapon, sure. permanently? no because it won't fit with the game at all. then we'd have to start including Coat hangers, Kitchen utensils and Power tools, because anything's acceptable at that point.

We're Tenno, we use purpose-made weapons to kill. we might have the skill to slaughter a hundred Grineer with a saucepan, but we're not gonna do it unless we have no other choice.

As far as weapons go, absolutely not. And especially not after the justification you tried to give it. Storyline? How the tenno used to live? I guarantee no Tenno that controls a Warframe ever, EVER used an umbrella in ANY form of something that could possibly resemble Lore. I'm sorry, but if you think THAT is what space ninjas is about, you haven't played Warframe long enough. (Also don't nitpick at the derivation DE has taken from 'space ninjas' you know what I mean).

And look at the source material. RWBY is a series/show that admittedly, I like. I think it's well done, and the weapon combinations are pretty cool. That said, they aren't for here. The scythe-rifle is awesome.... just not here. 'but Redeemer!' you may call out. Was a stretch at best, and it's a testament to how little it gets used. BUT EVEN SO... I, and I can guarantee the community and DE also... would sooner see the scythe-rifle and probably every single weapon in RWBY, come before an umbrella. You may like it, and that's great. But your favoritism is blinding you to the fact that it doesn't belong here.

All that said, you want to get a limited time skin and impale people with an umbrella? I'm down. :)

Just my 2 plats,

~Az

As far as weapons go, absolutely not. And especially not after the justification you tried to give it. Storyline? How the tenno used to live? I guarantee no Tenno that controls a Warframe ever, EVER used an umbrella in ANY form of something that could possibly resemble Lore. I'm sorry, but if you think THAT is what space ninjas is about, you haven't played Warframe long enough. (Also don't nitpick at the derivation DE has taken from 'space ninjas' you know what I mean).

And look at the source material. RWBY is a series/show that admittedly, I like. I think it's well done, and the weapon combinations are pretty cool. That said, they aren't for here. The scythe-rifle is awesome.... just not here. 'but Redeemer!' you may call out. Was a stretch at best, and it's a testament to how little it gets used. BUT EVEN SO... I, and I can guarantee the community and DE also... would sooner see the scythe-rifle and probably every single weapon in RWBY, come before an umbrella. You may like it, and that's great. But your favoritism is blinding you to the fact that it doesn't belong here.

All that said, you want to get a limited time skin and impale people with an umbrella? I'm down. :)

Just my 2 plats,

~Az

To be quite honest I find your opening statement rather rude, I have played warframe for a long time on the PlayStation 4 as well as PC, I've played through the quests such as the second dream to know about the limited lore presented to us. This was a mere suggestion. I don't claim that this is what warframe is about at all. (Also don't nitpick at the derivation DE has taken from 'space ninjas' you know what I mean). If i haven't played it enough, how would I know what DE meant by 'space ninjas'?

Favoritism of an umbrella weapon is not blinding my judgement on what should make it, it's a suggestion, and the redeemer is unused because a lot of other weapons outclass it in looks as well as stats. I'm not asking for every weapon in RWBY to be put in. I found an umbrella a peculiar thing to fight with and demonstrated in Kingsman. 

As a skin for a weapon would be fine. I'm in no shape or form begging for it to be made, I couldn't careless. I'm happy to run with a rapier and a cat. 

Hey guys,

So I've been re-watching RWBY and recently saw Kingsman and that gave me a thought. Why not have an umbrella weapon? Blocking animation opens the umbrella in front of the warframe. Static animation could open the umbrella over the shoulder and twist the grip to spin it. Just a thought, no clue whether it would be status or a crit weapon but I'd love to play as Limbo, beat a rather rude grineer over it's head in a displeased manor.

Please feel free to comment about it.

-FP

How about a blade that when blocked with emits a energy shield in front of you..

I would personally like to see another gunblade weapon. As it stands, the Redeemer is the only melee weapon in the game that only has one in its category. Every other melee weapon has two or more versions of itself. Perhaps an elemental version with a more draconic motif, or a version that does puncture damage more than slash. Even newer weapons are getting more versions of themselves. The Mios dropped side by side with the Lacera, and i love them both, but the Redeemer could use a new relative on the board, with a new look and stats more on par with what's dropping about nowadays.

pls new claws(like valkyr ult weapon), tonfas(like chainsaw +new stance) and bows(like ivara artemis)[why ult weapons? because exacal got skana (SD, RB, RJ, EB skills) and wukong got bo(IJ, CW and PF skills)]

Edited by -Krasny-

now that u said it, oh i totally wanna see a warframe killing a hundred grineer with a sauce pan.......... april fool's joke? dual daggers = spoon and fork skin? 

Also we still dont have a baseball bat type weapon/ wanna see a spiked mace/bat like weapon...... 

idk but i thought of a meat hook/ whip........ that can bring in lots of enemies.... 

i also thought of jetpack attachments to warframes or jetpack boots that let u stay in the air longer or boost u to high speeds.

Edited by DzeraDragonbane