Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Is Way Too Powerful (Press 4 To Win)

Issxi

Seriously, EB is fine. Valkyr's Hysteria does around the same damage but she gets total invincibility instead of energy waves, and Ivara's Aretmis Bow does even more damage than EB.

When compared to those similar abilities of other frames EB is pretty decently balanced and in a good place.

Yep and wukong is somewhere in the middle. Also the same base, more range then you're regulary able to get, faster, not full but part immortality that works great with rage and evrything else you can use the additional energy with.

He got his share of nerfs allready and is fine. But well, that's the curse of a big community.

Give frames no team utility and people complain. Give a potential solo frame team utility in synergy with his kit and people still complain...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Boo hoo, people complaining about things being too flashy and powerful in a PVE game. Geez, if I wanted a fairly balanced game, I'd go to an e-sports genre like a moba or something. I still really don't understand why any nerf threads are popping out, I mean some tactics are outright cheesy and un-fun to play with or along side and I can understand the reason to do so reasonably.

However, I have to admit, all this fussing and complaining about big warframes being too mighty and especially threads about the new broken war can be a bit daunting and almost exhausting to observe. There's much more productive things to complain about such as carrier's mod being buggy or Nekros/Limbo seriously needing some buffs...heck! Why not suggest ways to make Nyx's chaos more prevalent. Sorry to say but, it's time we begin to critically question these nerf threads and begin opening our arms to ideas that can make the warframes better, prevalent, powerful and more fun.

As for Excalibur's big n' powerful [4], breaking news! It's FINE, in a PVE setting. In fact, I could argue for more augments to flavor up the combos available through his ult. If anything, his ult should be capitalized upon and serve as a leading example for warframes such as Mesa that need to do more than just be a stock turret and an immobile flavorless damaging machine, why not make her like bayonetta. The reason why it's so powerful, efficiently and effectively free is because Excalibur is all about using his alt, it's fun, new, exciting and a spectacle that has viable presence in 40-60 minute T4 survival. Perfect! His ultimate is great, the balances are fine and I do agree with the nerfs that removed his ability to slash through walls but at the same time I ask myself, did they really have to? In a PVE game? 

Edited by Captain.Starburst

At time of writing, I've looked through all the posts above me, and I'm extremely surprised to not see anyone mention this

The reason DE "Nerfed" Saryn (even though it was actually a re-work and many players get more damage out of her now BUT that's not the point) was not because she was "press 4 to win" but simply because her 4 was SO powerful that you had no reason to really use anything BUT it. the rest of her kit falls by the wayside because people play her, and expect her to be played, by just rushing into a room, tapping 4, rinse and repeat. so they reworked her, making that no longer a viable option

With Excal's Exalted Blade, there's no real reason to run the rest of his kit for 90% of the missions. Slash Dash is basically relegated as a movement power that can deal damage (much like how Rhino Charge was before it was reworked) why would you ever use ENERGY to use Radial Blind when EB's Slide-Melee has the same effect for less energy? and why bother with Radial Javelin when EB costs, again, less energy and can accomplish basically the same thing by running in circles? THAT is why EB is overpowered, because it makes the rest of Excal's kit practically useless outside of extremely specialized builds. it's the same problem Hydroid has, except Hydroid's puddle is really only useful in Interception. and arguably the same issue Ember's World On Fire has, only the damage falloff on that happens VERY quickly. which is why she's not run in the really high-level play. I've yet to see a single Ember in Sorties... but I see Excal all the time.

now anyone who looks up my profile WILL see that Valk is my most-played frame (this used to be Frost, but then Frost Prime came out and that screwed up the numbers) and you could (quite easily actually) argue that Hysteria suffers from, basically all the same things that EB does. and to a degree, you'd be right. the invul is totally OP, and by nerfing her range to the ground you really only benefit her Hysteria. I however don't play a perma-hysteria build, I actually built around Warcry and keeping Hysteria around as an "escape button". but that's beside the point, while Hysteria makes Valk invulnerable to damage (honestly I think that should have a minor re-balancing to make reducing her power range actually INCREASE the range that the damage kickback can happen after Hysteria De-Activation) but her attacks hit basically only 1 person at a time, MAYBE 3 if you get in some good hits, compared to EB's "everyone in that particular direction" Hysteria also limits you to VERY close range combat the entire time, compared to EB's insane wave distance, and in Corpus/Void maps, Nullifiers are Valkyr's BANE as she either has to de-activate Hysteria to kill them, get REALLY lucky with the timing and kill the Null before the game logs that she's in the field (yes it can happen. I think it's a bug. no I don't know how to do it reliably) OR very carefully skirt the edge of the null field and try to melee it down without going in (harder than it sounds). EB's solution? "lol what field?"

Any Frame where only 1 of their 4 abilities is really used is broken, and needs a rework. Valk skirts this line VERY closely, but her whole kit sill has a purpose. EVEN in a perma-hysteria build. Ember KINDA toes the line, with Accelerant being practically her only other useful skill once you can perma-WoF. but Excal? once you've got Exalted Blade, unless you're going for a very specific build (which, as far as I've seen, typically centers around a Rhino Roar buffed-Excal spamming RJ) then why would you ever bother with anything but EB? except MAYBE Slash Dash for a quick movement?

Do other frames need a second look? Absolutely. is EB a large offender and also in need of another look? Absolutely.

Erm. I don't know what frame are you talking about, but Excal can't survive against lvl 60+ enemies if he doesn't actively uses his kit. RJ doesn't fit well into this kit, however it opens a whole different build.

Try playing the frame first before thinking up unexistent problems. Slide-blind making RB irrelevant part is funny though.

Edited by Epsik-kun

With Excal's Exalted Blade, there's no real reason to run the rest of his kit for 90% of the missions. 

Actually,  totally disagree with this statement above. 

Slash dash - Cheap gape close. And the best part is "short invulnerability".

RB - It has a wider range. Slide-blind is really risky in high level. Better spend energy then get killed.

RJ - Yeah. I admit I never use this one in "normal" game play. Mostly I use RJ to steal kills back in Draco if my teammate go too far.  

I only use a tad bit of range and duration on Excal with no power strength. He's not broken whatsoever, he's in fact one of three frames that make melee an option. Why? Because it takes ranged melee or invincibility for melee to be viable................

I wouldn't complain about Excal's 4, I would complain about melee being unviable outside of it.

Also, if any frame is op, it's Loki.

I only use a tad bit of range and duration on Excal with no power strength. He's not broken whatsoever, he's in fact one of three frames that make melee an option. Why? Because it takes ranged melee or invincibility for melee to be viable................

I wouldn't complain about Excal's 4, I would complain about melee being unviable outside of it.

Also, if any frame is op, it's Loki.

as a Warcry-built Valk that only uses Hysteria as a panic button, I disagree completely. I solo Sorties regularly and my Galatine does a fine job cleaving through enemies without invul. I do it as my Frost too, so you can't argue that it's thanks to Hysteria.

With Excal's Exalted Blade, there's no real reason to run the rest of his kit for 90% of the missions.

This is not true.

Slash and Dash - perfect mobility tool and deal reasonable damage.

RB - radius is much higher, can blind entire room, priceless against real treats.

Only RJ is rarely used.

Actually, totally disagree with this statement above.

Slash dash - Cheap gape close. And the best part is "short invulnerability".

RB - It has a wider range. Slide-blind is really risky in high level. Better spend energy then get killed.

RJ - Yeah. I admit I never use this one in "normal" game play. Mostly I use RJ to steal kills back in Draco if my teammate go too far.

Quoted for truth. Being able to use all your abilities separates the good excals from the bad.

Plus Rb allows for finishers which the slide can't do.

Edited by -CM-AbsoluteZero

I post this on every Exalted Wave thread, just to showcase how obscenely strong it is

>EBlade kills stuff, guys!

Now post a video of Nova using MP

>MP slows stuff, guys!

After that, post a video of Frost sitting inside a globe

>He just won't die, guys!

And then - Loki going invisible

>They can't see him, guys!

They should make the energy waves an augment OR make them only happen when you slash dash or the last hit of each combo. 

Right now there is no reason to use the other combos because the standard one is the fastest and therefore has the most energy waves.

I think another good solution would be to slow energy drain when you have a high melee combo counter, but have it drain fast when that wears off 

If you want to restrict the energy waves to an augment or last hit of combo, how will they counter Excals survivability? As this would promote more up close combat and he doesn't have the stats to stand toe to toe in higher difficult mission like a Valk, Chroma, or Rhino. How will they counteract this if you are suggestion they remove the waves from every attack? I still don't understand people's way of thinking. So because you can't impose your on restrictions to using a skill that you seem to dislike but still play the character and use said skill, you want DE to help you not choose to use such skill by removing the mechanics? "Please i don't like i have to press EEEEEEEE, please take it away so i'm not tempted to do it so much" lol hilarious.