Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "cage" Problem In Survivals.

Cloud

What I mean by "cage problem" is the case in which a player who join in a pub survival is forced to continue the game cause the others want to stay or decide it in the course of the game; or he is forced to leave, losing all the progress done till that moment.So here is the question:

Should a player be able to exit alone from a public normal survival (not void)?

Which solution would you take to fix the problem ?

Let's discuss about it in a civil manner. 

Yes they should. Some people like to do longer runs like 40 - 60 mins , some people have to go after 20 minutes.

Solution is already present in archwing. You can leave when you fly out too far. Make it happen in survival too. It's just QoL and nothing else.

Everybody should have the right to extract in any needs, althou the system in the game prefer to choose the option "extract" when more than 1 vote has been made that is through 2 or more player standing at the extraction point.

But I don't know, perhaps... maybe there should be a single extraction option BUT NOT by disconnected or "abort mission".

What I mean by "cage problem" is the case in which a player who join in a pub survival is forced to continue the game cause the others want to stay or decide it in the course of the game; or he is forced to leave, losing all the progress done till that moment.So here is the question:

Which solution would you take to fix the problem ?

Let's discuss about it in a civil manner. 

i would like to be able to evac on my own while my team carrys on with the mission as you might have to go right now at some point and your team decides to stay in the mission and not let you evac just to get you to abort and lose all your stuff. i would also like this for excavation aswell.

Strongly agree.  Endless is endless, and you have the option for interception and defense.  There's absolutely no reason why this shouldn't exist for survival and excavation.  I would include void in this too.

Related issue that would need some work though:  host migration resetting the instance.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

First thing that comes to mind is the issues with host migration. I've been in countless conclave games where the host left the squad, then everyone ends up back in their ships and lobby lost.

So, I imagine there would be just as many issues with that in pVe. The idea is nice and I wouldn't be totally against it.

Though I will have to add that I have been on the other side equally frustrated. Just passing 5 mins and having someone go to extract can be annoying. especially when there's just you and the one other, and that one other is enough to force the extract.

The problem with this is that the game will need to pause to get the data the extract that one person, in exce or survival, this can be problematic as some abilities can be abused or you can die during the pause. Then you have trolling, where the CC frame leaves at the drop-zone and the other 3 die near-instantly, then they make a wild dash to exit, somebody will be left behind and will run short of revives from being 1-hit and lose 40minutes+ progress.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

While I agree that individual extraction option would be nice, this game has the lovely thing called "host migration" that from time to time likes to just kick EVERYONE back to their lisets if host leaves. And due to Murphy's Law that usually happens when somebody in a group gets some sort of 0.67% drop.

Nah . If you join a survival mission you have to expect it to go 40-60 minutes . If you only have 20 minutes go ahead and play some Exterminations or simply ask your team if they wanna leave early because you have to leave

No. BS. Why don't let them leave on their own? Why do i have to ask my team to leave earlier? It's a win-win situation if i can leave and the rest can proceed to go to 40 - 60 minutes. And no i can't get certain things in exterminate mission wtf is that for a logic man?

Survival: Solo extract option would be nice.

Interception/Defense: The game provides the normal extract/defend option, but if someone is left on their own, the game (Lotus) asks again if they really want to solo the next wave/5 waves. So either you get at least one teammate to play with or have the option to reconsider your decision (or counteract the troll extract) to stay.

Survival: Solo extract option would be nice.

Interception/Defense: The game provides the normal extract/defend option, but if someone is left on their own, the game (Lotus) asks again if they really want to solo the next wave/5 waves. So either you get at least one teammate to play with or have the option to reconsider your decision (or counteract the troll extract) to stay.

I like this solution.

Nah . If you join a survival mission you have to expect it to go 40-60 minutes . If you only have 20 minutes go ahead and play some Exterminations or simply ask your team if they wanna leave early because you have to leave

In my experience if someone wants to leave and if the other players try to hold him "hostage" then he will go around and spam activate all the life support capsules, thus FORCING everyone else to either try and kill so many people so rapidly(this gets tougher in the later stages of T4) so they can get the little life support drops, head to extract and bail out, or run out of life support and lose everything.

Here's a new idea, why not...form a squad and discuss it in squad chat before mission.

You leaving when other want to keep going and keeping the rewards means:

1. You benefit out of the run (rewards, xp etc.)

2. Your teammates lose (loss of one teammate's damage, cc etc. while still using up that key and/or time)

How my idea fixes this:

Everyone agrees and understands ahead of time what they are preparing to do and how long they are committed to doing the mission. If they still decide to "hold u hostage", better host on your own, play with friends, play with clanmates.