Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Tenno, When Did Negotiations And Trading Become So Screwed Up?

JohnMorte

http://i.imgur.com/WxAniPf.png

You post in trade chat WTS <items> then you balk at an offer that isn't exactly what you desired? Then you proceed to act like this? This is not how any sort of negotiations work.

Can there be some sort of tutorial for upcoming players who want to trade a bit? Perhaps displaying basic decency when chatting and offering?

I've been noticing the same thing. These people simply doesn't know how to barter.
That's why we need a damn auction house. Having a million players thinking they're the best salesman on earth, coupled with the megalomania that online anonymity tends to bring, you get a lot of situations like this when trying to trade.

To be fair though, if your initial offer for the entire impact set is 200p, you're asking for it.

Well, how much would it be worth then?

I consider myself a veteran player, but I have no damn idea what stuff is worth, and there doesn't seem to be any single place to get this information.

Well, how much would it be worth then?

I consider myself a veteran player, but I have no damn idea what stuff is worth, and there doesn't seem to be any single place to get this information.

http://wftrading.net/

You're welcome.

Edit: Just noticed they don't have listings for these mods yet. If you want a good idea of how much it's worth, take into account how many good weapons would benefit from it. How many Rifles would benefit greatly from 120% impact? (pretty much only cernos/raktacernos), How many shotguns, how many secondaries, how many melee weapons? Keep in mind that since the addition of primed heavy trauma, Impact melee's can be made into beasts. I'm looking at you War.

Edited by Haxwell

To be fair though, if your initial offer for the entire impact set is 200p, you're asking for it.

Be more fair to realise that not everyone knows the value of the items they are trying to buy, since there is no median and ooh Idk, maybe talk to the people who are trying to buy from you so that more people are aware? Then maybe you'd get less situations like this.

Personally though, I just want an auction house so I don't have to deal with this cr*p.

You're welcome.

Edit: Just noticed they don't have listings for these mods yet. If you want a good idea of how much it's worth, take into account how many good weapons would benefit from it. How many Rifles would benefit greatly from 120% impact? (pretty much only cernos/raktacernos), How many shotguns, how many secondaries, how many melee weapons? Keep in mind that since the addition of primed heavy trauma, Impact melee's can be made into beasts. I'm looking at you War.

I've been using this site http://warframe.market/ I got one of the impact mods for 130 or so plat there, from the chat I got them for 150 each

Edited by Kamentari

You're welcome.

that site is outdated. 

But to the OP yeah trading has sucked recently. Everyone says "offer" but unless you offer the amount or more that they have in mind it's just "lol bye". This is why when i buy things i put wtb x item for x amount of plat. Or if im selling to someone who wants to buy a specific item i give them my price and they can shoot it down or counter offer if they like.

Be more fair to realise that not everyone knows the value of the items they are trying to buy, since there is no median and ooh Idk, maybe talk to the people who are trying to buy from you so that more people are aware? Then maybe you'd get less situations like this.

Personally though, I just want an auction house so I don't have to deal with this cr*p.

An auction house would completely break the WF economy. All the nope. Auction houses break every single game they enter with the exception of massive mmo's. If you're so clueless about prices, go into trade chat or the bazaar, and type in "Price Check on Impact Mod Event Set" Then employ some patience and see what kind of answers you get. As a rule of thumb, you aren't going to get anything more than mockery if you don't begin by offering AT LEAST 400p for a whole set. Offering 200p for the whole set is essentially offering at best 50p a mod. That's 50p a mod for mods that are not in the drop tables and offer huge benefits to physical damage types.

Edited by Haxwell

"Price Check on Impact Mod Event Set" 

Nobody will answer you to that question, thats the whole thing. Basically they wait for a "miracle" to happen when you won't find any answers and start saying "Buying/WTB xxxx set/mod for 1k plat", thats the time when they start drooling and spamming you with PMs. 

Overpricing when you are selling, and underpricing when you are buying thats how things work in any game. People are greedy. :D 

Edited by BaronOfDeath

An auction house would completely break the WF economy. All the nope. Auction houses break every single game they enter with the exception of massive mmo's. If you're so clueless about prices, go into trade chat or the bazaar, and type in "Price Check on Impact Mod Event Set" Then employ some patience and see what kind of answers you get. As a rule of thumb, you aren't going to get anything more than mockery if you don't begin by offering AT LEAST 400p for a whole set. Offering 200p for the whole set is essentially offering at best 50p a mod. That's 50p a mod for mods that are not in the drop tables and offer huge benefits to physical damage types.

The only economies that ever break are the ones that have nothing anyone wants to buy and the ones where no one has the money to buy anything. This is why crafting resources and consumables (potions, buff scrolls, etc, name your game's recovery and buff tools) and leveling gear remain strong sources of income in any other MMO.  You down a potion, you need to replace that potion.  You out level some gear, you need to replace it with current level gear to remain competitive at the current content level.  Where "endgame" crafted gear stands depends on the game - in WoW, raid/dungeon gear trumps crafted gear 90% of the time, so to compensate crafters get a bonus perk for maxing out their otherwise useless craft.

If you're going to argue against auction houses, have the simple decency to understand Economics 101 first.  When people can and want to buy $#!%, the economy is working.  Now name a game with an auction house whose economy has crashed that hasn't suffered a massive gold dupe scenario.  I can tell you Diablo III's was cut because enough gold dupes had made using it unreasonable (literally, millions of gold for level 10 items.)

Edited by Littleman88

You're welcome.

wftrading's prices are set by one (or maybe several) people, and that system, while useful if there's nothing else, is pretty flawed.

http://warframe.market has buy and sell orders entered by real people. As such I'm finding it much more accurate and hence useful.

It wouldn't break it. I'm sure that there are a decent number of players who aren't selling anything, because the current trading system is based on the honesty and decency of the people in trade (haahaahaa). So, there is a lower availability on items because people can't be bothered with the current system. It's also based on people having a fair idea of the value of their stuff, and I see lots of people in trade asking for "offers". I have waited in trade to see if any one is giving benchmark prices and they don't, cos very few have any damn idea of the value of their stuff.

There is no reason why free trade and an auction house can't co-exist. I've seen it in a few games and it works fine.

Personally, I login to warframe to play, not camp a trade chat in the hope that someone might catch a glimpse of the individual chat spam, and THEN hope I don't encounter some person like OP found. You can't filter wanting to sell from wanting to buy and its just text wall after text wall.

I was on the warframe market site and I stopped using it, because the message service was broken, but it was a much easier way for me to handle trades.