Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

5 hours ago, Rurabomber said:

I reeeaally hate the new deluxe Nova skin however, and I was very disappointed by the Banshee Soprana - it looked SO MUCH BETTER in the original concept art. :(

Cause they've changed some stuff that couldn't be animated properly and they had to change the proportions back into a more realistic shape. That's what happens when a concept artist makes art for the sake of a cool concept without taking in consideration what that art is for, especially when a pose is being used to visually change the shape perception of the overall proportions (like the new Nova concepts). I liked the style of the new skins a lot but if it was a job i had commissioned for my game i would have made all the weird joints redone and those impossible to animate parts corrected ^^

I'm being overcritical again sorry :(

3 hours ago, Evanescent said:

I think people are judging too early on the nova skin. Let it be animated, let the special effects be added, let it be custom coloured and some armor added.

You may be totally right but i doubt they'll change what i don't like about it, it has nothing to do with the theme (which i like a lot) or the colors ecc ^^

4 hours ago, Evanescent said:

I think people are judging too early on the nova skin. Let it be animated, let the special effects be added, let it be custom coloured and some armor added.

No animations nor colors in the world can fix pure ugliness.

8 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

You can throw colors on a clown but it's still a clown. The problem is not the colors, its the model.

Look, no amount of us arguing here will prove a thing. Just wait til you see the final product, if you don't like it, no harm no foul.

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Look, no amount of us arguing here will prove a thing. Just wait til you see the final product, if you don't like it, no harm no foul.

I severely doubt the model is going to change before hitting the market since it looks pretty much completed. I'm being very vocal about this deluxe skin because I mainly play Nova and this deluxe skin looks atrocious, like the majority seems to agree with. But like you said, no point in arguing about opinions. I just hope they redo the whole thing and make something that resembles Nova and not some lumpy action figure goddess.

35 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

ORLY (link) xD

HitsuSan, have you sent your Ember deluxe skin concept art to DE, or told them about your idea?

If you like that you're crazy ^^

Anyway no, not yet at least :) I didn't had time to make more than a rough sketch which is more than enough for me to work with (cause i'm used to make concept art and i can still do it while i'm sculpting without much problems) but it's not enough to make that wow effect that makes you say that's it. I'll do it if they're interested, but i'm in the business of making art for clients, spending my time to do the same thing for free for a client that's not even interested in the idea right now won't be wise ^^

2 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

If you like that you're crazy ^^

Anyway no, not yet at least :) I didn't had time to make more than a rough sketch which is more than enough for me to work with (cause i'm used to make concept art and i can still do it while i'm sculpting without much problems) but it's not enough to make that wow effect that makes you say that's it. I'll do it if they're interested, but i'm in the business of making art for clients, spending my time to do the same thing for free for a client that's not even interested in the idea right now won't be wise ^^

I would love to see what you have cooked up :D

I love Nova Deluxe Skin...

It a mix of East Asian Buddhism Motive or Bodhisattva Sculpture..

they also look like inspired From Dogu, A Clay doll Figurines from Japan Jomon Period Era.. 

interesting though.. since Warframe itself borrow Words from Japan & Sanskrit Language.. For Example Tenno, The Kubrow Types and so on.

32 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

they also look like inspired From Dogu, A Clay doll Figurines from Japan Jomon Period Era.. 

interesting though.. since Warframe itself borrow Words from Japan & Sanskrit Language.. For Example Tenno, The Kubrow Types and so on.

you know, you crazy when your up on a forum at 10am in the morning

also ,your not wrong but that doesn't mean your right... "OPINIONS" (a rainbow forms)

(always here for some color commentary)

47 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

The theme is awesome, i just don't like the proportions and i can tell right now that all the warframes with weird proportions or overdetails are already the less played ones no matter how strong they are. It's a thing that goes beyond personal taste and it's extremely important in character design, it took me forever to learn that and even when you know it it's still extremely difficult to apply it ^^ But it's something that can be proved with solid results so i've learned to trust it before taking in consideration personal taste.

37 minutes ago, Oxin said:

you know, you crazy when your up on a forum at 10am in the morning

also ,your not wrong but that doesn't mean your right... "OPINIONS" (a rainbow forms)

(always here for some color commentary)

i live in Asia.. So it like 10 PM here.. hahaha.. and I'm on Semester Break..

2 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

The theme is awesome, i just don't like the proportions and i can tell right now that all the warframes with weird proportions or overdetails are already the less played ones no matter how strong they are. It's a thing that goes beyond personal taste and it's extremely important in character design, it took me forever to learn that and even when you know it it's still extremely difficult to apply it ^^ But it's something that can be proved with solid results so i've learned to trust it before taking in consideration personal taste.

maybe they want to cater.. "Them".. the China WF Players Base..

15 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

maybe they want to cater.. "Them".. the China WF Players Base..

I'm pretty sure they can see proportions too though ^^ But anyway enough with this, i'm in no position to critique, i have my work to be responsible of XD And still working on a new skin btw.... polishing and adding all the details ;)

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

I'm pretty sure they can see proportions too though ^^ But anyway enough with this, i'm in no position to critique, i have my work to be responsible of XD And still working on a new skin btw.... polishing and adding all the details ;)

New Skin...!!! 

**Throw Dollars to Hitsu again..

35 minutes ago, tnkfreexx3 said:

Any inside info when is the next tennogen gonna be? 

im check everyday to see the news when to get that new excal skin of yours. :D 

No inside info, but maybe we are going to know a little more from now on since there's less pressure after specters of the rails is been released... they still have the war within to release by the end of this month if i've understood correctly though so who knows ^^. Definitely you can relax a bit cause it won't be "that" soon but you're welcome here anytime you want :D thanks!

Yeah I fully understand that there's one more quest update coming up soon, don't get me wrong, Im very much looking forward for that too as I'm very interested in warframe lore as well.

its just that skin, oh i can't wait to check the real thing inside the game XD 

It's like a new deluxe skin choice for my beloved excal lol. 

Archived