Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

I'm feeling like asking you this time :) I'd like to see if you guys are interested in syandanas too and what kind. Setka is doing pretty well but maybe one is enough so i'm interested to know what you think about making 2 more syandanas instead of working just on reskins.

54 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

I'm feeling like asking you this time :) I'd like to see if you guys are interested in syandanas too and what kind. Setka is doing pretty well but maybe one is enough so i'm interested to know what you think about making 2 more syandanas instead of working just on reskins.

I'd love to see a cloak-like syandana like the one Teshin has now.

Something along the lines of what Clint Eastwood wore in the Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Good-Bad-Ugly.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I'd love to see a cloak-like syandana like the one Teshin has now.

It's doable but it won't look good cause all the quick movements that your character can do will clip through the cape all the time and since warframes are all of different sizes it won't fit well on most of them. 

4 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

It's doable but it won't look good cause all the quick movements that your character can do will clip through the cape all the time and since warframes are all of different sizes it won't fit well on most of them. 

Yeah I kinda realized that the moment I had a look at the shoulders of Mesa an Inaros :/

On the other hand, you could just have the Syandana attach on the back of the shoulders and then hang back.

Imagine 2 Asa Syandanas on the back of each shoulderblade connected to form a wider cape.

You can't cause shoulders move but the syandanas are statically placed on the upper spine part of the warframe animation skeleton cause it's a point that doesn't move at all so you can place an attachment there and it will always stay at the right position. ^^ capes like that are not meant to be attachments, sorry...

13 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Hmmm, why not try a sort of frame attached to the spine then?

Take a look at the primed Yamako Syandana. Raise it so its at about shoulder length then widen it.

Referance image:

latest?cb=20150707200907

It's not that hard to figure out ^^ this sits on the back that doesn't move that much, as soon as you try to put it on the shoulders it becomes a mess. It's really that simple.

13 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

I would like to see more energy-based syandanas, like Asa, Misa, Celestia, Pyra, Pyra Prime, Secura. Something like Celestia that doesn't require PvP would be awesome.

Uhm, i don't like syandanas that big but i can do something energy based for sure ;) It will be something different from the wingy prime stuff though, something that even DE hasn't done yet.

25 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I've noticed the Nsaru Syandana incorporates the shoulder attached design so it can be done to a certain degree.

Try it on different warframes, you'll notice that it doesn't scale in size, it's exactly the same whether you're using it on mag or on rhino. If on mag it looks like it's sitting on her shoulders, on rhino it looks like he's got a necklace... Which means you can't effectively make a good looking cape (or at least yeah you can but it will work good only on a limited number of warframes which is the worst for the consumers).

It's not that i don't want to make one XD i'd really love to.... it's just that i don't want to make product with so many problems, i know it won't look good for most players. It's the same reason why DE didn't do it already.

I could really use an energy-based Syandana as those are more often exclusive to prime access. And those we have don't look that good.

Something that would look "noble" (or even prime) with an elaborated aesthetic would be very nice.

I'm now getting excited for either one. I can hoard a few more syandanas. I'll put them next to my Rota, Setka, and the 37 kavats I will have because one isn't enough.

Seeing a prime like syandana from you would be cool but I would also love to see something medieval times ish/sci-fi like. I'm sure you've already started and have an idea going though.

1 hour ago, matto said:

I could really use an energy-based Syandana as those are more often exclusive to prime access. And those we have don't look that good.

Something that would look "noble" (or even prime) with an elaborated aesthetic would be very nice.

1 hour ago, Espelonia said:

I'm now getting excited for either one. I can hoard a few more syandanas. I'll put them next to my Rota, Setka, and the 37 kavats I will have because one isn't enough.

Seeing a prime like syandana from you would be cool but I would also love to see something medieval times ish/sci-fi like. I'm sure you've already started and have an idea going though.

You'll be pleased then ;)

I've finished sculpting one already ^^ I'm going to make 2 so i can make you an energy based one (sort of, you'll see). They will both have some crazy vfx going on like Setka (i enjoy the light show....)

18 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

I like Caduto Excal, but I personally gravitate to skins that show colors very brightly. Love me some shiny armor.

Hagoromo is definitely the brightest skin i've made then :) (it is a little brighter than the average warframe) But Caduto is on par with the average, definitely not less than Alata or Visage if you were worrying about that ;)  

Just now, derp215 said:

Hey Hitsu, I passed my exams with flying colors! First, I thought I flunked it but I guess got lucky. Anyway, thanks for making this skin, it motivated me, I guess lol.

That's awesome :D Congratulations!

11 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

The Excal armor looks good, but the only thing I don't like is that it looks like Ash Prime.

Would you be willing to make a more warframe-like skin for Nova?

Good cause it doesn't look like ash prime at all when you put them side by side XD

Uhm why would i make a more warframe like skin for nova when you already have at least 3 actual-warframe options from DE and a lot of warframe-ish alternatives? It can't look extremely different from what's already there and unique if i have to stick to the main theme and i can't change the model even slightly unfortunately. I'd prefer to keep it interesting :) It's very improbable that i revisit a warframe though, every warframe fan wants something different for his favourite warframe and it's impossible to keep up with the requests so it wouldn't be fair to make 2 for the same character instead of a new one, even for the players who already bought my previous skins for that particular character.

Just now, HitsuSan said:

Good cause it doesn't look like ash prime at all when you put them side by side XD

Uhm why would i make a more warframe like skin for nova when you already have at least 3 actual-warframe options from DE and a lot of warframe-ish alternatives? It can't look extremely different from what's already there and unique if i have to stick to the main theme and i can't change the model even slightly unfortunately. I'd prefer to keep it interesting :) It's very improbable that i revisit a warframe though, every warframe fan wants something different for his favourite warframe and it's impossible to keep up with the requests so it wouldn't be fair to make 2 for the same character instead of a new one, even for the players who already bought my previous skins for that particular character.

Sooo... Oberon... When :) ?

1 minute ago, Gemenai said:

Sooo... Oberon... When :) ?

Not soon ^^ Oberon got a premium skin very recently... there are others who need my hand XD I've already pretty much decided (well at least one) who's going to be next but i'll tell you for sure when i'm done with this new syandanas (yeah it's multiple...)

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

Not soon ^^ Oberon got a premium skin very recently... there are others who need my hand XD I've already pretty much decided (well at least one) who's going to be next but i'll tell you for sure when i'm done with this new syandanas (yeah it's multiple...)

Can't wait to see those ;)

Oh you won't know what to choose XD it won't even take me too long to finish them, one just needs to be painted and the other one is almost at that point, i'm making some changes to the structure and the whole vfx (it's energy based since you wanted one)

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Why are you being so defensive?  I'm not talking bad about your work.  I have praised your work and even bought your skins.  Besides, even the devs told you on a devstream that the Nova skin doesn't look warframe-like, but they treated it as a freebie.  You don't care to make more money for more skins, then okay... whatever.

And what i meant about Excal was that it looks like he is wearing one of Ash's arcane helmets.

Constructive criticism.  Don't take it to heart.

Archived