Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Finish The Last Airbender?

TheErebus.

So about 2 summers ago I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, I never finished it though. Back then I honestly didn't know that much about it, but know I know it's one of the best animated shows to be on TV. So should I finish it or should I move onto another show? 

(also some recommendations for other shows would be nice)

I would recommend watching it all.

Then after it, you could watch the next series they done, called "The Legend of Korra".

I've heard a lot of Korra.

I'm a bit iffy on that one, I'll just see how the first series is and then consider Korra.

ATLA is a fantastic storytelling experience, period. Forget that it's animated. Finish it.

The Legend of Korra as a first season was great, but I compare it to The Star Wars Prequels as it goes on. The main character is it's strength but slick production values don't make up for the damage I felt was done to the world mythos especially after season 1.

I hear during the animating of the last season of Legend of Korra, the producers cut the show's funding due to a drop in tv viewers, which explains a few things....

The reason for the budget cut was actually never given to the public, but it has been established that the show was marketed poorly & Nickelodeon had a "grudge" of sorts against the show due to some corporate mumbo jumbo. 

the devs of legend of korra wanted it to be 1 season and 1 season only but afterwards nick thought that hey, its popular so why stop? SIGN THIS DAM CONTRACT!!! and so that's part of the reason season 2 was mostly filler as the devs had no clue what to do with the story and had no time to set it up. but from what I hear season 3 is pretty awesome. ( I haven't seen anything past season 1 so im going off what other people are saying...)

but yeah, season 1 of korra is still worth watching. I liked it.

but it's no last airbender though...

Korra season one is a little draggy. Korra season two had giant anime Godzilla laser battles. (It was terrible.) Season three and four tho were SO GOOD. 

Also just skip season two because it comes into conflict with all the backstory from Airbender.

Edited by vrdwrst