Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Anubis Helmet. Name will change, but nearing completion.

arch111

Okay, first time I've checked up on this in a while. That helm looks fantastic. Very distinct from his other helms. The body could use some more dramatic changes though. Think about the theme you want for him, and see what comes to mind for the body.

Thanks, thing is I haven't touched the body. I don't want to unless I finish the helmet since they are separates anyway.

Edit: I think I need yo clarify that.

I have been trying to match the body in terms of forms, not too hard or sharp and with a clear biotech vibe.

I am honestly very unsure how I woukd change the normals and skin of it.

I suppose I would give it a "prime" look with metalworkings and energy gems like Scarabs and references to the god-theme.

It cant be too on the nose Egyptian God though, they never allow it.

That's why the head is so hard because we all are a Google search away from how we think Anubis should look like.

So I try to channel Mynki and go past the expected, the style of warframe is deceptively simple, alot of thought go into them, most visible in later designs I think.

I MIGHT have a go at the body. But honestly, if I finish the helmet in a week I will be a happy man :D

Edited by arch111

I am now making the final helmet sculpt and detailings before retopo abd then maps.

The only concern I have is the neck. If my helmet overlaps the body, will the weights blend ok with them, or will there be issues?

I am only talking about the lower part resting on the neckpart of the model. I think it will work, but most helmets keep very strictly to the edge of the body neck.

In the Guides nothing forbidds it, only warns it must look natural and good. And I don't intend for it to look weird, then I will remove it or just keep everything smooth aroubd the seam.

Any one know this?

I think you're safe with any overlapping parts on the neck.  I've noticed this with the harlequin helmet for mirage and atlas alt helmet were they change the look of the neck by adding extra geometry.  All it means is that they just have to skin those parts to the neck.

Keeping at it.nekros_14_by_gaber111-d9q8vuu.jpg

Oh my goodness those ears are ON POINT! Definitely go for the earings, that would make it feel so unique. This most recent update is absolutely gorgeous, I daresay the best.

Gosh you're making me want to prepare my Nekros for this BUT I AINT GOT ENOUGH FORMA!

Edited by Omni_Omega

IMO idea is obviusly fantastic.

But i think the forehead is just a bit to high. It looks more than a hog than a jackal.
From the side it looks like from some duke nukem things. Lower, more angry brows would look more dangerous and neat overall.

Did U see those? Translate that into tenno dark Nekro awsome Warframe stylistics:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jIhtA89gktw/hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Lordique

I have not made up my mind about the height of the for head yet. As you can see I have done quite a few variations.

Regarding the Ancient Egyptian style, I have seen most of them and then some.

The trick here is to be as much biotech as possible while keeping Anubis clear. Remember that DE have to take in things that blend well with their world and game.

I personally think I am in a good place now blending those styles. Mind you, I allmost gave up a while ago.

Thanks for the input! Really appreciate it :)

might wanna rename bastet helmet, Valkyr has one with this name already

other than this, awesome work mate :D

Goddamit yeah totally forgot about that.

Will change it, was a brainmelt late one night. And thank you, I am stopping further concepting now or it will never be done.

Goddamit yeah totally forgot about that.

Will change it, was a brainmelt late one night. And thank you, I am stopping further concepting now or it will never be done.

your you`re welcome, and I know that feel

Edited by Bizzaro21

Fangasmed! 0_0

Although i would Love Anubis to be a new Frame in a sense but this is a work of art

Thanks so much :)

I think Nekros stole anubis spot as death lord. How about Raa though? A male Ember using the power of the sun to smite his enemies.

What do you think of these tint and emissive areas?

I think they will work pretty well.

anubis_helmet_for_nekros_14_testpose_by_

The face is certainly spot on, but as I said before I feel like the ears could be less literal.

I get that. It was a concern of mine as well, I have now come to accept them and treat them like Oberon who I think is even more litteral than this.

I think the final model will look better as well.

Edited by arch111

I get that. It was a concern of mine as well, I have now come to accept them and treat them like Oberon who I think is even more litteral than this.

I think the final model will look better as well.

Well Oberon's visual gimmick is to have resemblaces to ungulates, not quite the case for Nekros. You did mention something about making the ears hollow akin to the limb rings, which I believe would be a perfect way to blend them in IMO.