The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Memory Leak And Fps - Help

Grumpy

Ever since U18 I thought there were some issues, I even updated my video so performance wouldn't take a big hit.  And now the memory leak was patched today and everything seemed fine again.  I could run anything with max settings with no video lag at all.  Now all of a sudden, and again, I can't get to 600 cryotic without the lag making it almost unplayable.  Now before I could hit maybe 2000, or 2100, so it's worse now.  And once it bottoms out like that, it becomes the norm for other mission types.  And my graphic settings are on low again, with everything turned off.

I turned it off.  Like I said though, the patch seemed to fix it.  I could run everything on max with no FPS issues at all.  The slowly my performance started taking a hit again.  I had to turn everything off, out settings on low, and it's just getting worse.  DE admitted to the memory leak, I just think the patch just fixed it for a short time.

Idk I think it's more than a memory leak. I mean I have a steady good FPS in solo. Each person in the game seems to lower that FPS each person so for instance, if I had 2 people in the game I'd get minor lag like I'd be down to 45-50FPS then with 3 people Ill be at 35-44FPS then with a full squad towards the end of the mission(20-40 minutes/15-20 waves) the lag is at full throttle. And now if it was a certain frame that was doing it(Saryn) I'd understand but the frame doesn't matter and not using skills doesn't seem to matter either. Towards the end of the mission it's just straight 10-20 FPS in a full squad.

I've been getting this as well. 70-90 fps on a big monitor from my laptop, near the end of a 3.5k cyrotic run on Hiercon, was topping 20 fps. Longer missions seem to destroy fps, maybe related to the game not properly getting rid of mobs that have died?

Can confirm it, perfect fps when solo or with for example full team till ~10 min\wave, after this game starts to slowly eat fps. Doesn't wanna play long defs\surv because of it, at least with a team. Solo ezy 60+ with close to zero fps issues

Edited by Hekovashi

• 2 weeks later...

January 22, 2016...

The increasing FPS drop in progressively long missions with more then 2 players is still very much in effect...

My machine is a decent rig and this didn't use to be an issue. Not sure when it began but I'd guess around update 18.

So far, the only thing that can fix this is rebooting the entire computer or if I swap to FullScreen, but then the game puts itself on the wrong monitor for me so I don't want that.