Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Late Game Weapon

noobslaughter

Question

PRIMARY

Vay Hek - just massive damage and crit. If you have the primed mods this weapon is really good.

Synoid Simulor - with mirage nothing comes close. Without mirage i'd rather use something else.

Tonkor - Massive damage with laughably low self damage...oh and its crit worthy. Very strong.

Quanta Vandal - High damage and status with a nearly unlimited clip. Cubes for when things get rough to amp up damage / clearing power.

Ignis - I put this up here because of Saryn Prime. This when built right in saryns hands is very powerful. Even outside of her hands this is a worth weapon for status spreading.

SECONDARY

Atmos - Amazing aoe damage with ruinous extension.

Sonicor - Crazy good CC ability with decent damage.

Vay Marelok - Great damage, good status, good crit. A very well rounded weapon with an aoe proc that just adds icing to the cake.

Lex Prime - Very high damage and can red crit. Great for bursting down high priority targets.

Staticor - Very good status chance with potential to spread it to alot of stuff with charge attack. Just needs the bugs worked out and it'll be really good. Needs projectile speed mod on it to be reliable.

MELEE

War - Raw massive damage. Using tempo royale and holding click + attacking not only does really good damage but baseball bats stuff all over the screen setting up for finishers. Good all around raw damage weapon with decent reach.

Orthos Prime - Well rounded damage with absolutely absurd reach. Not as much umph as some of the other high tier weapons but it makes up for it by hitting 10x the amount of enemies at the same time.

Galatine - Still a very powerful damage dealer with an optimal damage type. Very good in high endgame when built right for slash proccing many enemies to tick down.

Jat Kitag - CC Monster. A bit slow but can save your life by knocking a homerun sometimes.

Nikana Prime - The new 1h masterrace if that's your thing. Still doing alot of testing on this weapon over broken war so i'm not 100% sold yet as broken war can use the famed crimson dervish and nikana cannot. Crimson Dervish adds so much damage to each attack that it can overtake the damage potential of Nikana pretty quickly. Still testing!

My 2c

11 minutes ago, Coaa said:

PRIMARY

Vay Hek - just massive damage and crit. If you have the primed mods this weapon is really good.

Synoid Simulor - with mirage nothing comes close. Without mirage i'd rather use something else.

Tonkor - Massive damage with laughably low self damage...oh and its crit worthy. Very strong.

Quanta Vandal - High damage and status with a nearly unlimited clip. Cubes for when things get rough to amp up damage / clearing power.

Ignis - I put this up here because of Saryn Prime. This when built right in saryns hands is very powerful. Even outside of her hands this is a worth weapon for status spreading.

SECONDARY

Atmos - Amazing aoe damage with ruinous extension.

Sonicor - Crazy good CC ability with decent damage.

Vay Marelok - Great damage, good status, good crit. A very well rounded weapon with an aoe proc that just adds icing to the cake.

Lex Prime - Very high damage and can red crit. Great for bursting down high priority targets.

Staticor - Very good status chance with potential to spread it to alot of stuff with charge attack. Just needs the bugs worked out and it'll be really good. Needs projectile speed mod on it to be reliable.

MELEE

War - Raw massive damage. Using tempo royale and holding click + attacking not only does really good damage but baseball bats stuff all over the screen setting up for finishers. Good all around raw damage weapon with decent reach.

Orthos Prime - Well rounded damage with absolutely absurd reach. Not as much umph as some of the other high tier weapons but it makes up for it by hitting 10x the amount of enemies at the same time.

Galatine - Still a very powerful damage dealer with an optimal damage type. Very good in high endgame when built right for slash proccing many enemies to tick down.

Jat Kitag - CC Monster. A bit slow but can save your life by knocking a homerun sometimes.

Nikana Prime - The new 1h masterrace if that's your thing. Still doing alot of testing on this weapon over broken war so i'm not 100% sold yet as broken war can use the famed crimson dervish and nikana cannot. Crimson Dervish adds so much damage to each attack that it can overtake the damage potential of Nikana pretty quickly. Still testing!

My 2c

About Nikana prime, with blood rush, it will eventually be better than broken war, but for most missions and even in endgame content where combo counters don't really get high enough to boost crit, broken war still deals best damage for one-handed weapons. I've tested and play-tested it myself. Just thought I'd help you make your decision on which one you like better.

On 3/1/2016 at 10:55 AM, (XB1)GHOST AG3NT SLM said:

Sonicor....

Sonicor...

Sonicor...

Nuff said.....Just change elements to match enemies you are fighting.  The impact knocks the enemies back while you blow them to shreds.

agreed, sonicor is a great secondary.  pop a silencer on my lex prime for spy missions, tho. 

I notice that staticor didn't make hardly any lists... which is sad because it's still so flipping bugged it's unusable.  A great weapon, but it only works 1/2 the time, so i don't equip it. 

59 minutes ago, Coaa said:

lol, staticor works 1/2 to 1/3 of the time... no matter how good the weapon is, if it doesn't work, it doesn't get equipped. (well known bug in which staticor keeps firing and using ammo, but does no damage... not fixed after last hot fix that was supposed to fix it.)

13 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

lol, staticor works 1/2 to 1/3 of the time... no matter how good the weapon is, if it doesn't work, it doesn't get equipped. (well known bug in which staticor keeps firing and using ammo, but does no damage... not fixed after last hot fix that was supposed to fix it.)

Yeah thats why i put it on the bottom of my list for now. I can see it being really good for status spread once the bugs are fixed. With projectile speed mod on the regular attack reaches targets really quick and the charge attack is much more manageable as well. Hopefully they work the kinks out because this is a great weapon when very high level enemies are out you can hide and still status spread behind stuff easily. 

We'll see!

15 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

The last hotfix for it worked for me. After picking up datamasses and powercells, you can shoot afterwards. I may have just been lucky.

I love the Staitcor. I haven't put it down since its release. Three forma makes it a powerfully, 5 forma makes it a monster. High DPS and ROF. 

Primaries - Tonkor/ Vaykor Hek / Hek/ Quanta Vandal and Quanta/ Amprex/ Synoid Simulor/ Soma Prime/ Dex Sybaris / Drakgoon/ Secura Penta / Dread/ Paris Prime/ Rakta Cernos/Torid/Sancti Tigris/ Telos Akbolto/

Secondaries :  I like to have a secondary for crowd control more then damage. For me it's Sonicor/ Staticor/ Atomos/ Vaykor Marelok/ Lex Prime

Melee : Anything with crit chance . Jat Kittag and the daggers.

On 3/1/2016 at 0:52 PM, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Almost all the lists are re-orderings of the same great weapons.  The one notable omission that I see from the primaries is the Quanta vandal.  The only thing better than a 50m beam of death or exploding cubes of death is BOTH in one package.

I'm going to have to agree to that there; running mine with 5 formas

In no particular order 

Primaries. 

1. Synoid Simulor

2. Vaykor Hek and or Scattered justice Hek.  

3. Tonkor just wrecks it's amazing 

4. Boltor Prime

5. Santi tigris

Honorable mentions. Rakta Cernos,  Amprex, Soma Prime. Torid,  Dread. (just not a bow fan with that being said you can put out insane damage with them).  

Secondaries

1. Vaykor marelok

2. Sonicor 

3. Lex prime 

4. Rakta ballistica 

5. My favorite cause of fun factor Telos AKbolto 

Melee. 

1.  War 

2. Broken War

3. Nikana Prime

4. Scindo Prime

5. Jat kittag. 

Honorable mentions 

Galatine, Dual Ichor, 

P. S.   If I missed any I'm sorry I did this at work of the top of my head.  

Edited by (XB1)TG Cruzado
Grammar

On 3.3.2016 at 4:59 PM, Zyrgi said:

Primaries: Dread, Sancti Tigris, Soma Prime, Torid. Wouldn't consider any other primary weapon "end-game".

Secondaries: Marelok, Tysis, Sonicor, Aksomati. The rest isn't end-game.

Melee: Destreza, Nikana Prime, Dark Dagger, Jat Kittag, BO Prime.

Why? Because math and strategy. Besides, naming random weapons is fun.

I might have a narrow concept of what is end-game, but these are the 3 day T4 Survival weapons every tryhard must have.

I'm curious about a lot of stuff in there... but could you at least elaborate on why you have the Bo Prime in there?

1. tonkor

2. synoid simulor

3. vaykor hek

4. quanta vandal

5. dex sybaris

1. akstiletto prime

2. lex prime

3. vaykor marelok

4. sonicor

5. aksomati (but they love ammo)

1. atterax (SURPRISE!)

2. atterax (seriously, put primed reach and you can clear an entire room of lvl 80 lancers with one slide attack)

3. war/scindo prime

4. prisma cleavers/skana with augment

5. nikana prime

6. BONUS fragor prime

(of course, you need bloodrush and body count for all of these to be able to compete with guns)

Edited by ShiraHagane

I'm seeing a couple of excellent left outs tbh. There probably are more i'm not remembering.

• Akmagnus: excellent crit and status guns, somewhat hapered by a small mag size, they still put out pretty incredible burst damage and can spread procs like crazy
  • Akstiletto Prime: decent crit and third highest status of all the secondary category, highest of all with auto trigger, these things @(*()$ rock, they can shred armoured/shielded enemies in an instant
  • Braton Prime: great status/crit auto rifle with near pin-point accuracy at any range, it melts down even high-level armoured enemies in surprisingly little time due to Bleed and Corrosive prock stacking
  • Dex Sybaris: dat headshot damage on what is basically a sniper rifle without the downsides of being a sniper rifle
  • Kohm: if you can stand the ammo issues, it just @(*()$ devastates everything on its path
  • Lacera: 100% Corrosive procs on a weapon with humongous reach, you can't really understate the power of completely stripping armour away, and with a Maiming Strike build it deals incredible amounts of damage on top of being Naramon viable
  • Staticor: really mentioned too few times, those are a monster, innate radiation damage, great status chance and no IPS, AoE damage, actually great for crit builds (AoE always headshots)
  • Twin Grakata: those run out of ammo faster than you can say "Clem!", but boy the damage they deal is practically unreachable
  • Zhuge: crit viable, does quite the damage, and the excellent status chance (35% base) makes it excellent for situations where armour scaling goes thourhg the @(*()$ roof
Edited by Autongnosis
Why exactly did we nekro a thread 6 months old? I just realised .-.

3 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

1. tonkor

2. synoid simulor

3. vaykor hek

4. quanta vandal

5. dex sybaris

1. akstiletto prime

2. lex prime

3. vaykor marelok

4. sonicor

5. aksomati (but they love ammo)

1. atterax (SURPRISE!)

2. atterax (seriously, put primed reach and you can clear an entire room of lvl 80 lancers with one slide attack)

3. war/scindo prime

4. prisma cleavers/skana with augment

5. nikana prime

6. BONUS fragor prime

(of course, you need bloodrush and body count for all of these to be able to compete with guns)

I totally forgot about the akstilleto Prime they are so amazing and the reload speed is insane 

8 hours ago, Pansai said:

I'm curious about a lot of stuff in there... but could you at least elaborate on why you have the Bo Prime in there?

I actually broke out my Bo waiting for a Lesion to complete building and threw newly acquired mods on and dag it was surprisingly good/fun, I can see why it's mentioned.

13 hours ago, (XB1)MarineDawg said:

I actually broke out my Bo waiting for a Lesion to complete building and threw newly acquired mods on and dag it was surprisingly good/fun, I can see why it's mentioned.

Yes, fun and "surprisingly good". But we're talking about end- or late-game weapons here. So this should be more about actual numbers or tricks. And the Bo P is nowhere near comparable weapons taking the numbers alone. The Lesion on the other hand should be mentioned (as I did above and in my own thread about this). I had hoped for some special strength of the Bo that I hadn't noticed before. Like the Amphis, which is my end-game choice against Corpus nowadays, with it's 100% electric proc on a ground slam attack that gives me quite some CC and time to finish a whole group of Corpus without any resistance. Combined with insane speed and the right elementals, it outperforms any other melee agains Corpus.

On 1/9/2016 at 9:25 PM, noobslaughter said:

id like to know what the opinions of you guys are on top 5 best late game weapons.

so 1 top 5 list for every weapon sort (primary, secondary, melee)

i dont have a lot of experience with the weapons but i am interested in some weapons so id like to know your opinions.

PRIMARY

1. Opticor

2. Nigtwatch Napalm Ogris

3. Stradavar

4. Acid Shells Sobek

5. Soma Prime

SECONDARY:

1. Vasto/Prime (It's High Noon xD)

2. Lex/Prime

3. Sicarus/Prime

4. Akstilleto Prime

5. Akbronco/Prime

MELEE:

1. Vulcan Blitz Jat Kittag

2. Nikana Prime

3. Scindo Prime

4. Fragor Prime

5. War

Edited by (PS4)AssaulterInMe25
Forgot Secondaries and Melee

On 25.6.2016. at 3:10 PM, Pansai said:

Bo Prime has decent enough status chance that it can be built as a status weapon because of it dealing mostly impact damage, having high range and attack speed. It's a bit faster replacement for Jat Kittag. The rest? Well, it takes a lot of time to explain in detain why slash damage is best versus flesh and that is which most end-game situations deal with, usually having Corrosive Projections/Shield Disruptions in team to be able to deal that straight up health damage, which those weapons excel at. With the exception of Dark Dagger(which is great with Covert Lethality and augment for energy regeneration when needed), Torid(great at applying status effects in an area), Tysis (good at status effect application) , Jat Kittag (Ground slam is alright CC), Sonicor (CC), Destreza (Finishers). Probably some other weapons would fit the category, but it's a wasted effort creating in-depth guide with explanations, that no one will care to read or care about.

Edited by Zyrgi

1. Sancti tigris/ vaykor hek-nice one shot damage

2. Tonkor-if you can aim with it, damage is awesome

3. Dex sybaris-very powerful, nice mix of reward and ease of use

4. Dread-because bows. 

5. ?several honorable mentions

1. Vaykor marelok- status and dps.

2. Sonicor-get outta my way!

3. Furis w/ lifestyle-mostly a tool.  Doesn't take energy to gain health back like lifestrike.  

4. Akstiletto P-all things considered, good weapon

5. Again, several honorable mentions

1. Nikana prime- does well in any mission, any category.

2. Broken war-innate impact proc is helpful, along with great damage and crit stats

3. Scindo prime-won't stop for anything

4. Lesion- probably the best quick melee considering range, speed, and damage

5. Tekko -unstoppable with blood rush, really fun.