Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sortie Condition: No Ults

ROSING

So, I had this idea one day and I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. To be clear, I don't mean that ALL sorties would restrict ults, but this would be one of the randomized mutators (like eximus stronghold or halved energy). 

I would be really curious to see how this would affect gameplay in a mission where 4th abilities cannot be used. I think there are still a decent amount of CC options out there (sonar, blind, snow globe) that aren't ults that it would be more of a challenge to play but not be ridiculous (we are dealing with lvl 100 enemies here, which I take issue with but that's another topic).

I know this won't completely satisfy the people who dislike the way that sorties don't provide too much of a challenge with the right team composition and it might tick off someone who loves their blessing a bit much, but I think that relative to some of the other things we're given (sniper only, melee only), this might be worth a shot. Thoughts?

that's silly because that implies that Warframe should be a MOBA and Slot 4 Abilities should always defeat the existence of the previous 3 and be something so disgustingly Overpowered that it needs to be taken away.

or Warframes can just have Abilities that are Abilities, without any sort of stupid 'Tier' hierarchy.

Picking a power number to disable is a little too arbitrary IMO.

What about something like those new Corpus units? They divide powers into categories and shut them down that way. Maybe a mission condition could be like permanently under the effects of one or two of those?

Picking a power number to disable is a little too arbitrary IMO.

What about something like those new Corpus units? They divide powers into categories and shut them down that way. Maybe a mission condition could be like permanently under the effects of one or two of those?

while interesting, it's too uneven. some warframes are COMPLETELY unaffected by certain breeds of those units, where others are UTTERLY crippled. It's just too much variation in that.

New Sortie Condition: No Fun

I'd like to challenge that statement; I think that having no ults might be more fun than you might think. At the very least, different modes cater to different playstyles and people; I'm sure some people think melee only is no fun allowed when others think melee only is the greatest mode ever. You personally don't have to like the mode, but I just think that others will. Besides, don't knock it till you've tried it, right?

New condition: No WF Skills allowed, weapons or bust

I've thought about that but it brings us to the whole idea about abilities being the core part of the game; you can't remove all of them. Devoid, I do see your point about the implications of what I've proposed.

Finally, I know that some frames' most powerful abilities aren't their ults, but I didn't want to make an arbitrary mode like "the following abilities are banned: ___, ___, ____," and I wanted to provide some options for CC should they arise. I just wanted to challenge players to try other abilities or frames who might not be as efficient as others but still can get the job done in a potentially refreshing way.

Hey go to the end of your idea : No power allowed !

Meesa gunna use Equinox for that

*Evil Jar Jar laugh*

Sorry but I'm forced to ask you to leave.

(I often play without power to spice things a little)

Edited by unknow99

Hey go to the end of your idea : No power allowed !

Sorry but I'm forced to ask you to leave.

(I often play without power to spice things a little)

Meesa not leaving this place. Meesa gonna use Meesa if Equinox is too evil, and yousa have to deal with it.

*Evil laugh again*

all we need now is:

-no excaliburs

-no tonkors 

-no ash bladestorm and smoke bomb

-no mag shield polarize

-no slowva

-no saryn 

I could go on and on here, with each frame having more capabilities of killing than an Excalibur would ever have. That's blatant discrimination here.

Also if you want to remove the frustrations:

-no loki invis and disarm (boring)

-no nyx chaos (boring x2)

-no hydroid at all (turn into puddle = no effort needed)

-no limbo at all (WTF I CAN'T GET THE RARE MOD LIMBO NO RIFT ON ME STOP)

-no mirage prism (boring x3)

-no wukong at all (suck it invulnerability!)

-no valkyr hysteria (boring x4)

-no frost snow globe (boring x5)

Each and every one of these frames receive hate here. Should we remove them too?

As for weapons:

-no dread

-no 6 forma weapons

-no grenade launchers

-no rakta cernos

-no sonicor

-no attica

-no simulor and its synoid counterpart

-no hek and its vaykor counterpart

-no paris p

-no tigris and its sancti counterpart

Best of all:

-no fun

So, to your suggestion...... no.

Edited by Guest

So, I had this idea one day and I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. To be clear, I don't mean that ALL sorties would restrict ults, but this would be one of the randomized mutators (like eximus stronghold or halved energy).

Remove the number 4 button from you keyboard during the sorties. Problem solved.

Edit: I see people complaining about not being able to use ulti on sorties with low energy condition.

Edited by carnaga