Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skeiron - Zephyr Skin [Wip]

novabjorn

Hey all, wanted to post some early shots of my sculpt and basic two-tone layout for my next skin, Skeiron, for one of my all time favorite frames, Zephyr.

My main focus is to create some interesting new shapes and reduce the overall noisiness from the default skin. So far i have the two-main tone layout (white and dark gray) and a mid gray for the metal sections (right now i'm keeping these to the 'fins' on the tail, arms and legs, as well as a spot on the chest.

I'm saving the final tint for details/designs for after I've done a detail pass on the sculpt.

Crits and feedback are always welcome, hope you guys enjoy.

*Update 1-26* Skeiron is available for voting on the workshop. Hope you all enjoy: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=609371624

fu9Ly1j.jpg

GLTjahx.jpg

NWEoJK6.jpg

Edited by novabjorn

Someone "fixed" Zephyr? Wow! Looks cleaner, not messy, with flowing silhouettes like the Tenno should have. I'm no Zephyr player, so unfortunately I wouldn't buy this, but you have my support.

Please keep the eventual tint mask pattern as simple as you can. Just my opinion, but I think a simpler, more minimalist pattern would fit what you currently have. Just my 2 cents.

Great job!

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Thanks for the comments guys. To address a couple of your questions:

Yes everything will be colorable, each 'tone' is showing a tintable area, therefore the white is tintable, the black is tintable and the mid-gray will be tintable metal. I don't think DE would accept a submission without a tint mask. :D

@Antoine: My final tint will be something less distracting, just an accent. I'm actually leaning towards making it a gradient for the white tint similar to the orchid saryn skin or equinox.

Cheers. I'll probably have another update on the sculpt up this weekend.

Thanks for the comments guys. To address a couple of your questions:

Yes everything will be colorable, each 'tone' is showing a tintable area, therefore the white is tintable, the black is tintable and the mid-gray will be tintable metal. I don't think DE would accept a submission without a tint mask. :D

@Antoine: My final tint will be something less distracting, just an accent. I'm actually leaning towards making it a gradient for the white tint similar to the orchid saryn skin or equinox.

Cheers. I'll probably have another update on the sculpt up this weekend.

yay :D....one reason i dont like the default zephyr skin is the uncolorable parts.

I was initially attracted to wanting to build Zephyr  because she reminded me so much of Jehuty from Zone of the Enders- more of a mech than organic although clearly inspired by organic structures. I really appreciate how streamlined your color grouping is and the accents really convey her form without obscuring it too much like the default can if you get too crazy with it.

THIS is what I was hoping for when I tried to color her. Good work!  ^_^ b

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

You've revealed 3 of the ting masks already, and they all look great. My only concern is the 4th tint. What I like the best about coloring is the visual patterns you can make stand out, so I'm really hoping tint 4 consists of thin patterns governing most of Zephyr's body.

As an example, my favorite patterns of all Warframes are the patterns on Ember Prime.

EmberPrimeChar.jpg500px-Brizingr5-_Ember_Prime7.jpg

Edited by Cyborg-Rox