The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tip For New Players

dendroaspis84

Question

I know some new players may lack of credits, fusion cores or void keys.

I wanna help you & tell you easiest way to get them all in one mission. It's - Pluto/Hieracon (Dark Sector Excavation). If you gonna play there often, you get not only lots of credits, but void keys too & plus it's great place to farm rare fusion cores. In short, you get all 3 things in one mission. Since I started playing there daily, I don't have problems with credits & keys anymore. But beware it's a little hard mission, so bring your best warframe & weapons before entering.

22 answers to this question

You don't get much credits on Earth.

Eh, if you're after Credits, 5 waves of Dark Sector Defense is the way to go IMO

(the tile on e.g. Eris / Neptune has that nice safe spot for newbies / unranked Frames).

I really don't want to have to worry about complete newbs in higher-level missions,

not least Excavation where reviving someone can easily mean a destroyed Excavator.

Guest NinjaFresh007

You don't get much credits on Earth.

Someone always taxi you, if you ask in recruit channel. So it shouldn't be problem.

Taxis aren't always available or even responded to like they used to be.  I'll only ever get a Taxi response if it is a popular Alert that is active.  That's it.

Here's a wild thought: If you rolled a fresh account to test out your theories BEFORE posting them, then you'd avoid looking foolish and speaking from a position of complete ignorance!

Huh, imagine that!

New players won't survive more than a few seconds in those high-end missions without the current meta of having a Trinity frame in the group to keep them alive.  Personal experience running with a Clan group and having them carry me.  Not everyone is as fortunate and even clan mates have a limit to how much time they can use to 'help' others.

For NEW players who have NEVER played WarFrame, a REAL set of tips would be as follows:

-Save your starter plat for plat-exclusive stuff like WarFrame slots that cannot be earned in-game

-Play the game for ~30 days before dropping money to see if you will be playing long-term

-Do some solo missions at first to get comfortable with your frame before doing group stuff.  Randoms always always ALWAYS tend to just rush to the exit.  That messes up your rewards (and sometimes glitches it so you get zero rewards for the run).

-Pick the frame you want, not what others tell you to pick.

-Excalibur for a melee-lover, Mag for AoE crowd-control, and Volt for chain lightning; pick whichever one you like.  All 3 of them are great.

-Pick a Clan carefully and ignore all invites until you are at least Rank 5.

-Level up ALL the things and get every weapon to Rank 30 before selling it, even your starter MK-1 weapons.

-The MK-1 Skana (for whatever reason) isn't available after the tutorial so grab that as your melee weapon.  All other tutorial weapons can be purchased for creds from the Market.

-You can trade at Rank 2, so hang onto stuff rather than just vendoring it.

-All grouping is done in the Recruiting channel.  If you try to LFG in Region the bot will kick-smack you.

Edited by NinjaFresh007

Naaah man, taxi isn't the best solution for noowbz : some just hate to be carried like that,feel completely passive & useless to the party...

Sometimes you don't want someone to eat a burger for you, you want to bite it with your own teeth instead of eating that...flake of meat like an old granny... yuck.

Remember the good ole' days when we used to taxi rank 0 players to sechura to perma unlock that node for them and just tell them to keep running that node and leech off shared xp whenever they needed to level weapons or needed credits?

Good times.

Some of these guys ended up becoming the rhinoprimeboltorprimehalwayhero we see today...

Us old tenno used to empty our mags on bulky yellow lancers!! Not cheesing through the content like that...

(Update 7 fella here)

Guest NinjaFresh007

Some of these guys ended up becoming the rhinoprimeboltorprimehalwayhero we see today...

Us old tenno used to empty our mags on bulky yellow lancers!! Not cheesing through the content like that...

(Update 7 fella here)

Update 3 returning vet: GET ON MAH LEVEL SON!

;)

But seriously, I so wish I could recover my old account info.  The extra (old) plat alone should be worth the trouble.  I'll see what I can do with Support.

(Update 7 fella here)

I don't know about you guys but I kinda miss rhinos, like they went and became an endangered species.  Almost as if there was a surge of them when roar got buffed then they started vanishing until the iron skin reworked and again vanished.  All the while being replaced by the Excals, you know the type: Swish-Swish-Swish-Swish-Swish-Swish.

I mean in theory if they had a clan willing to help them this way cool. I don't feel like they will learn survivability like this though. Having to work your way through the planets and going from leveling everything you have from Apollodorus then leveling in higher level missions. I dunno, its just nice to look back like hah, I sucked so bad. 

Update 3 returning vet: GET ON MAH LEVEL SON!

;)

But seriously, I so wish I could recover my old account info.  The extra (old) plat alone should be worth the trouble.  I'll see what I can do with Support.

Update t-t-t-3 ?!! o.O

Hello sir, can I offer you any fresh drink? Oh you seem to have a little dirt on your left shoe, let me take care of that,my pleasure!

I don't know about you guys but I kinda miss rhinos, like they went and became an endangered species.  Almost as if there was a surge of them when roar got buffed then they started vanishing until the iron skin reworked and again vanished.  All the while being replaced by the Excals, you know the type: Swish-Swish-Swish-Swish-Swish-Swish.

Yeah, those damn Swiss Excalibur are everywhere... I tell ya : they need to go back to Switzerland!!!

All right, perhaps I shouldn't target my thread to new players, but to those experienced players who don't know about this place.

I don't think its bad advice in any manner, to each his own and maybe some people would like to do that. I personally wouldn't have wanted to however I will take up your advice and try running this one rather than other dark sector areas. ^.^