Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should De Slow Down And Improve The Other Features/content Of Warframe?

DzeraDragonbane

OK OK.......

I know Warframe needs new content to keep it fresh but would you want DE to improve some things we've got and fix stuff before adding more? They could add little bits over the fixing but balance is good and not just add add add stuff and leave it behind......

I prefer they slow down after Update 19 and fix things from there or making update 20 the ultimate patch/base game improvement to warframe.

Improvements like:

- Archwing

- Orokin derelict drop tables

- Focus system gain

- Some old warframes... 

etc etc etc.......... 

Even relays can be improved and have more features so people can do something aside from just grinding....

Maybe even an ingame wikipedia aside from codexes...... ex: Mission drop tables.

Even an achievement feature is good for me ( in the case of little bits being added )......optional would be rewards for those achievements but something to brag about to your friends is enough for me, if there were rewards somethin like doing 500 orokin missions increases rare item drop rates by 0.5%....

Edited by DzeraDragonbane

I don´t know since when you are playing but DE already slowed down implementing completly new stuff.

This game needs new stuff but nevertheless I agree that DE should focus more on already existing features and improve them.

Edited by Kuestenjung

There is a sense to me that new stuff gets dropped after deployment for "the next big thing".

Archwing, Kubrows, Syndicates, Focus (early days I know), have all suffered from this.

I think it needs a fine balance, new stuff added while not ignoring changes needed to older systems.

So my answer is, yes a bit more attention to older systems, but not completely stopping development on new items.

Well they are working on improving things that have already been implemented. While it may not be the things you pointed out, it is still being done. One example is how Steve is working on lighting. Fixing how it looks in game to provide better shading in the environment, the npc's, and the frames. Even warframes ate getting attention to address issues they may have had in the past. Site done are getting quick fixed like mesa and the upcoming Ash change. However that does not mean when the time comes that they will not be looked over for a rework. Some frames may deserve a rework more than others at the moment. Even start chat 3.0 is proof that they are reworking things.

New things are loved when they first come out and they may overshadow some things. Like a new frame or weapon, most people want to get the new frame or weapon and try it out. This brings back a reason to play for those that might get bored of the game. While those that still play want to get it and see what they can do with it.

I am sure they have people focusing on both old and new content for the game. Even if they don't, it could be something that is suggested to them. Which is what these forums are for. Personally I would not have even thought about something like this. So setting this topic got me thinking and the note I think about it, the more things I find that could be fixed. Like how you can jump through the of an elevator, how if you revive after death you could end up above the level. Then there are game play aspects like bosses and endless missions. How can they turn those endless missions into something that stays enjoyable.

Polish on older content would be great but the issue is that there are too many players at the end of the current content road and adding more content over polishing old content is the best way to retain the player-base.

They still do both as we see but I highly doubt seeing some good quality Archwing/Derilict changes any time soon.

I feel like DE could direct the people making new content to work on the older stuff. I mean seriously, we have at least 40 melee weapons that are worthless beyond level 20-25, why the hell do we need another new type of melee weapon? And that's just the melee weapons, don't get me started on the rifles or secondaries, at least 70-80% of all weapons are useless past level 20-25.

So, I do agree that DE should slow down/stop making new things and focus on improving what we already have. Such as a weapon overhaul, the focus system needs lots of work, surely the people making this new content(New weapons/warframes), can also be used to work on these other systems. Or at least they can reduce the workload on them, I highly doubt the same people who come up with the stats for new weapons and the people who balance the stats for old weapons are different teams.

a lot of things in archwing need improved upon. Like how ammo for weapons just magically comes back instead of reloading, and how all archwing melee weapons pretty much do exactly the same thing. Also, the scale of archwing combat is massively larger but some things still act like its on the scale of the main game. Like ally revive distance, for instance.