Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulkar Build- Possible New Meta?

frozenballz

With the introduction of primed bane mods, i was trying to figure out if it's worth using bane mod or augment on vulkar. further testing made me curious about whether bane + augment stack with each other. they do. they do enough damage that you can replace split chamber entirely for bane mod + augment (which results in more damage per shot, free corrosive CC and healing, and with multishot you can apply that damage + damage bonus from max zoom + sniper combo damage). 

I do, which is why i do what i do when im playing on and off stream. I was just poking fun at a conversation i was having with a friend who said "you might end up setting the new meta for the vulkar". i love the vulkar and its nice seeing the sheer damage potential this weapon now has with the bane mods + augment. 

I do, which is why i do what i do when im playing on and off stream. I was just poking fun at a conversation i was having with a friend who said "you might end up setting the new meta for the vulkar". i love the vulkar and its nice seeing the sheer damage potential this weapon now has with the bane mods + augment. 

BUilt for crit, or you dropped crit build and went for damage?

Wonder if serration/HC/SC/charged chamber/LP/Bane/depleated reload/90%(or 120%) would be vialbe.

When I run a sniper build, I usual am aimijg for stealth kills. Walk into a tile, sweep it for stray mobs, kill anything else with secondary/melee/abilities on the way to next tile.

Thing i love about this game is just testing builds, even (especially) if they are odd balls. Built a Kohm build that can down 2 sentients in one mag. Fun stuff.

I agree, i usually will never bring a sniper rifle vs infested due to the horde/swarm mentality + ancient hooks etc, the infested bit was mostly just a test to see how much damage it does. the only reason i did not test vs corpus was because honestly, i wasnt sure what would be the best element to take. on one hand, when i play vs corpus, i play with mags, whether its' in co-ordinated squads on stream or with pugs etc. so shields are usually not an issue, in which case i was thinking a pure toxin build would be good. but on the other hand in a situation where there isnt a mag, i figured perhaps magnetic would be good. in an ideal world i'd have another slot to dedicate to get a magnetic/toxin combo, but as you can see with the builds, i dont have that. I guess i'd lean more toward the toxin build either way. 

vs grineer it performs pretty nicely, but problem with grineer is 2 different armour types. in an ideal world vs grineer, you want to bring viral with 4 CP, but outside of that i guess it performs against one half pretty nicely.

izurisah i just ignored that response lol. also the whole "possible new meta" was mostly just an inside joke with someone else i was having, but im realising now without context it might come across as something else.