Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Lord.

artemisfortune

Open this one first.

Names omitted for obvious reasons eGkUtAn.png

This is just unacceptable. The support staff's cynicism, the lack of actual communication, and the fact that I found out about this through a youtube comment is ridiculous.

How does that even warrant a permanent ban? Why is it instantly assumed to be a lie? When dealing with something such as this the party should be assumed to be telling the truth regardless of validity. Especially when he's merely apologizing.

Let this be a lesson that there is someone on the other side of the screen. No matter who you are or what your position, you have no right to treat someone like that.

Reading that made me so sick. Do I need to be worried of a permaban as well?

Edit: Regardless of false or true, stuff like this does happen. I've been noticing a lot of toxicity amongst players across all games (warframe included) and I just wanted to point out that there is a person on the other side of the screen. I personally have had great interactions with Support. I can't disprove or prove this, but I will say that I do see things like this happen, and it's not okay.

Edited by JSharpie

None of what you are saying here will get you in trouble. You aren't violating any guidelines. But I wouldn't assume a story like this is necessarily true, just right off the bat...

Nothing saying it isn't true... just letting you know, you can't (shouldn't) always trust the internet or people who communicate through it.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

people lie all the time to get stuff "oh my wife is about to die, would you people give me money please? I need to pay my bills" . Support is probably used to see excuses like this all the time from people who tried to sell their account and then want it back.

Edited by eminiclam

people lie all the time to get stuff "oh my wife is about to die, would you people give me money please? I need to pay my bills" . Support is probably used to see excuses like this all the time from people who tried to sell their account and then want it back.

As everyone else in the thread has said, it's much more likely the entire thing is a lie.

Edited by rapt0rman

Oh wow, if it's in a Youtube comment it must be true. They are known for their unparalleled wisdom and truth. 

Seriously though, OP without any sort of screenshot or thing to go on it's most likely total bullS#&$. Even I find that hard to believe. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Regardless of false or true, stuff like this does happen. I've been noticing a lot of toxicity amongst players across all games (warframe included) and I just wanted to point out that there is a person on the other side of the screen. I personally have had great interactions with Support. I can't disprove or prove this, but I will say that I do see things like this happen, and it's not okay.

Without any sort of evidence to the contrary, we cannot assume that anything the Youtube commenter has posted is the truth, nor would the forums be the place to discuss this were it even true.

When a player violates the EULA, the account in question is usually suspended. They can then contact Support to learn as to why they had been suspended, learn the punishment that will follow, and/ or appeal the ban.

To my knowledge, there has never been a case where it was okay to create a new account after having your main account banned, as this is an attempt to skirt restrictions placed onto your account, that ultimately leads to a ban of your alternate account. This is where I question the integrity of the posting.

Should you believe Support treated you unfairly, my best advice would be to either contact the forum administrators here, send an inquiry through DE's Contact Form, or, if possible, open a new Support Request, calmly explain the situation, and try to work with Support to resolve the issue.

Going to go ahead and lock this down. Whether it's true or not, there's nothing supporting its authenticity or trustworthiness. Beyond that, the story sounds a lot more like support said something standard (i.e. something along the lines of "Sorry, but we cannot corroborate your story, and even if it's true we cannot unban your account, and you'll need to make a new one"), which the person in the posted image took the wrong way--emotional duress can often cause misunderstandings to occur. To me, personally, this looks like a case of "Player X gets banned, apologizes to support, gets denied by support, then throws a fit because they feel as if they should be unbanned"--this sort of thing happens pretty regularly from what I hear.

That said, the forums are not the place for things like this. This thread is a good example of polarizing information; only 1 side is presented and we simply don't have the full story. Beyond that, if a player has a complaint about how support has handled their tickets, they could/should try contacting a member of the community staff, or file a separate ticket to file a formal complaint.

At the end of the day, if what something someone does is so bad that they get banned by a staff member of DE, there's not a whole lot that can be done. Sure, players might have a bad day, or might be under stress for real life issues, but that doesn't excuse violating the game's rules.