Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Shadow Debt Feedback

Dr_Dac

Good evening/morning when/wherever you may be reading this.

First i would like to thank DE for making a new event, stuff to do always keeps us

long timers occupied and playing. But with all there is some things i have to say

that may not be as pleasant but i will try to keep it neutral.

The first part of the event was normal not very challenging but serves as

introduction into what the event will do. The information provided has

just ONE major flaw it does not provide the information that would have been

needed.

1-Acolyte can spawn in any node and moves after getting beaten by

a certain health. Anyone can find them by playing the mission.

2-Acolyte will spawn tied to a room, entering said room will trigger his

invasion. Even now there are theories of killcount and whatnot going

around.

The next flaw is the current reward system which feels unrewarding

and uninteresting. Half my friendlist jumped off after just a few runs

with "i rather buy it than waste my time like this".

Even i resorted to buying the last 2 missing (currently avaible) mods

(pressurized magazine,spring loaded) after way too many failed attempts.

But before you bring out the pitchforks, i do not demand higher drop rates.

I would have suggested a contribution point system. Each Acolyte killed

rewards 1 point that can be used on a special event NPC in the relays

to buy the event mods and possibly cores or other stuff.

The current reward system feels unrewarding and stale. After roughly 300

runs and way too many aborts (which are supposed to be fixed soon)

i still say even WITH aborting and fast running certain nodes it took me

2 days farming more than 6 hours a day and i still had to resort to

trading. I am not sure if a "normal" player can enjoy this event at all.

The WORST part is the waiting though i can endure long runs and many

runs in a row but sitting in front of the mission screen and kinda pressing

refresh was a torture i had a hard time coping with.

With best regards Dr_Dac

I think that the event could be improved if instead of waiting for a hit from Alad V, the players could instead try to do submissions to get the acolytes to show for a longer period of time for some real traditional Tenno meet and great. Pehaps only moving on to new locals after a precentage of total damage was done. The mods drops may need a rework if we are intended to get them during the event as for the last twenty some runs I have only received the most common mod drop in a row but I am sure those values can be tweaked to give better incentive.

Overall, I think the event is a good idea marred a bit by the current execution but that is fine, it just means that any similar future events or such have something to grow from.

ppl already cheesing drop table, acolyte dropped something you don't want?

that's alright just abandon the mission, you can see this happening in def/surv when it takes more time to complete.

it's okay I will just be the canon fodder who finish the mission regardless of what mod was dropped even it's a bronze mod and help the community to progress further into the hunt.

Said no one ever.

all these ppl are the reason why someone willing to join stalker.

it's like old void mission reward all over again.

Edited by UNO168

I wouldn't think abandoning the match would actually increase the chances of getting a better drop compared to just fighting and completing the match especially in defense scenarios but more power to the players if that works for them when they are playing with their friends and not in my teams. :)

ppl already cheesing drop table, acolyte dropped something you don't want?

that's alright just abandon the mission, you can see this happening in def/surv when it takes more time to complete.

it's okay I will just be the canon fodder who finish the mission regardless of what mod was dropped even it's a bronze mod and help the community to progress further into the hunt.

Said no one ever.

all these ppl are the reason why someone willing to join stalker.

it's like old void mission reward all over again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

i cannot understand how DE continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again, i dont get how they cannot remember their own history ... =/

People abort when it's an 'unwanted mod' because they do not wish to waste 5 or maybe even 10 more minutes of there life for some worthless mod. I have aborted TONS, but was with a squad of friends that didn't mind/ all did same thing. Supposibly it's getting changed so you have to complete the mission before you see what mod acolyte dropped. When / If this happens, Think it's safe to kiss alad V goodbye because I'm willing to wager I will be far from the only one who ceases to participate in the event...

The rerunning is a simple consequence of tying limited chances to RNG.

Acolytes spend only a certain amount of time visible. Given the awful nature of the RNG involved in the mod rewards, people want to get as many drop chances as possible to have a chance of getting the useful/desirable mods. Playing an entire defence mission, taking 5-10 minutes, when you know that the mod you are getting is the common one you already have half a dozen of is simply stupid given that the acolyte will disappear again soon.

Edited by SolarDwagon

Well the simple point is these are not the event rewards, as others have said they are just a bonus. Also people know how grind related Warframe always has been, grinding out countless voids in hopes of getting the right prime part or doing endless spy missions in the hope of getting the right mod they wanted. Simple point is it is an abuse of a mechanic that was never intended for people to just abort a mission because they did not like the mod they got. This also punishes unfairly other people who join to find he is already dead because someone else quit.

Basically people know what they are getting themselves in for why expect any less ?.

I've played every Event and Tactical Alert since Cicero Crisis, and in terms of how Mod rewards are handed out for those, Shadow Debt is the worst experience I've had so far. I don't want RNG in time-limited events when I already have a full-time job and try to get a healthy amount of sleep.

Coincidentally, this is the first event that's happened since all of DE's shares were bought.

Maybe the issue is that your friends prefer not playing the game.  I'm trying not to be judgmental, but it does seem odd to me that people would prefer not playing the game (and have fun with it) if the rewards (or the rate at which they are given) are not up to their standards.

I'm beginning to wonder what some players do once they've farmed up their fill of rewards.  If there is nothing else to farm, do they simply stop playing?

Maybe the issue is that your friends prefer not playing the game. I'm trying not to be judgmental, but it does seem odd to me that people would prefer not playing the game (and have fun with it) if the rewards (or the rate at which they are given) are not up to their standards.

I'm beginning to wonder what some players do once they've farmed up their fill of rewards. If there is nothing else to farm, do they simply stop playing?

Nothing personal, but hunting the same prey for 20+ times isn't fun or engaging in any shape or form.

Of course I could stop, but isn't event's main purpose is to make me play and enjoy the game MORE NOT LESS?

Also can I get that cool tinfoil hat too? I'm starting to think I might need it.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight