Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Us To Mod Exalted Type Weapons Seperately From Our Melee Weapons.

xRufus7x

There are now several mods that do not impact your exalted weapons and some more just got added in the newest event but this is not spelt out anywhere in the game.

It would be easier and allow for more build diversity if we were able to mod exalted weapons like Exalted Blade, Primal Fury, and Hysteria seperately.

100% full support, I main Wukong and I'm currently deciding between using the cool new mods with him but having a lackluster PF or just sticking with my current builds for him.

Bad enough not being able to use Glaives/Weapons with Syndicate mods/Daggers properly with him due to limitations.

100% full support, I main Wukong and I'm currently deciding between using the cool new mods with him but having a lackluster PF or just sticking with my current builds for him.

Bad enough not being able to use Glaives/Weapons with Syndicate mods/Daggers properly with him due to limitations.

I kinda have to agree. on the off times I play Valk my Hysteria "suffers" because I run the Galatine and a Max Armour Eternal War build. If I could mod these weapons seperatly, then I could get the full use out of Hysteria. Also then we should see EXACTLY what stats these "Weapons" have, allowing us to better mod for them. Imagine if Artemis Bow didn't deal Puncture damage. ANYONE running Puncture mods on their Primary would be missing out on damage and not knowing it.

There are now several mods that do not impact your exalted weapons and some more just got added in the newest event but this is not spelt out anywhere in the game.

It would be easier and allow for more build diversity if we were able to mod exalted weapons like Exalted Blade, Primal Fury, and Hysteria seperately.

I love this solution to the current situation. Right now with cherry picking in terms of what works with exalted abilities -- no weapon specific, which made sense, but no life strike, and none of the new mods. This makes people have a difficult choice where if they want to use these mods on a frame with an exalted ability, it will greatly gimp one or the other. This issue was somewhat of a problem before with Life Strike and weapon specific mods, but it has become even more clear with the new event. 

I think this would be a good answer to the problem. Maybe not all melee weapons will work on exalted abilities, but with this change, you would be able to mod for both your exalted and your regular melee without messing up one or the other. All my +1's, too bad I can't vote it up more. 

totally agree with this.

I love this solution to the current situation. Right now with cherry picking in terms of what works with exalted abilities -- no weapon specific, which made sense, but no life strike, and none of the new mods. This makes people have a difficult choice where if they want to use these mods on a frame with an exalted ability, it will greatly gimp one or the other. This issue was somewhat of a problem before with Life Strike and weapon specific mods, but it has become even more clear with the new event. 

I think this would be a good answer to the problem. Maybe not all melee weapons will work on exalted abilities, but with this change, you would be able to mod for both your exalted and your regular melee without messing up one or the other. All my +1's, too bad I can't vote it up more. 

Life strike still works on those abilities though

Having thought about it a little more I'm slightly worried that DE would implement it in the same way Sentinel weapons work. No duplicate mods, we'd have to farm/relevel our entire build in order to use EB/Hysteria/PF effectively.

I don't know what the thoughts of you guys are on this subject, but I wouldn't be okay with that. I can remember at the beginning of the game I just didn't bother modding my sentinel weapon because:

A) I didn't have all the mods/cores/effort and,

B) It wasn't important.

The exalted ults are a core mechanic of the game, they are important and it would be a ton of hassle for a newer player to have to level up melee mods twice if they chose Excal.

Call it paranoia or jumping the gun if you want, just want to make my thoughts on the subject clear.

Edit: Wtf is jumping the jump.

Edited by DeMonkey

Having thought about it a little more I'm slightly worried that DE would implement it in the same way Sentinel weapons work. No duplicate mods, we'd have to farm/relevel our entire build in order to use EB/Hysteria/PF effectively.

I don't know what the thoughts of you guys are on this subject, but I wouldn't be okay with that. I can remember at the beginning of the game I just didn't bother modding my sentinel weapon because:

B) It wasn't important.

The exalted ults are a core mechanic of the game, they are important and it would be a ton of hassle for a newer player to have to level up melee mods twice if they chose Excal.

Call it paranoia or jumping the jump if you want, just want to make my thoughts on the subject clear.

This is definitely a concern but wouldn't be as bad as most sentinel weapons. Most melee mods have comparatively low mod capacities. This would help alleviate having two sets of mods.

This is definitely a concern but wouldn't be as bad as most sentinel weapons. Most melee mods have comparatively low mod capacities. This would help alleviate having two sets of mods.

Oh I know, I would just hate to be a noob getting their first Pressure Point and not knowing whether to put it into EB or their melee. Or the extra time they'd have to dedicate to getting melee ranked up over Volt/Mag starters.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Edited by DeMonkey

B) It wasn't important.

Call it paranoia or jumping the jump if you want, just want to make my thoughts on the subject clear.

I was thinking at first that it wouldn't be too bad since all of the ult-compatible melee mods worth using are R5 at most anyways, but then I remembered Primed Reach.

Sweet jesus, that would be awful.

Oh I know, I would just hate to be a noob getting their first Pressure Point and not knowing whether to put it into EB or their melee. Or the extra time they'd have to dedicate to getting melee ranked up over Volt/Mag starters.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

They could give the players a full set of broken melee mods for Exalted Blade to get new players started.

I think he is talking about the fact that Hysteria has a built in life strike making the mod redundant.

Yeah that's what trying to say, probably worded that pretty badly. 

A little more grind for new players with a system like this, but worth it in the long run in my opinion. Also since most melee mods aren't particularly rare (for the most part) and apart from Primed Reach and Body Count (which doesn't work for Exalted Abilities so you'd only need to rank one) there aren't a bunch of R10 mods to deal with like there are for primaries and such. 

This would finally allow people to build for both their melee weapon and their ability, switching off between them as needed, without ruining the other build. The current system gives us less build diversity overall, because if modding fully for the frames ability you have to gimp your pure melee and vice versa. That's the opposite of build diversity/more choices. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Well i still think body count should work on melee abilities but whatever... the idea of a separate mod section for "exalted abilities" is a must now because with the introduction of this mods we are now forced to choose between our regular melee and our ability, it was a problem in the past and it is a problem again.

+1.

No but most likely just because they would be OP considering they already have much higher damage than the standard melee weapons in the game.

Depends on which ability we are talking, primal fury despite being a large staff has the short end in this issue, a dual ichor outclasses most melee abilities in terms of damage (without power strength) body count should work on them as it is something already implemented, you are basically sacrifying damage mods for an easier time keeping the combo meter up.

Hell yes, and for Artimus Bow too. This one is proably the worst because of crit vs standard daamge weapon builds, if you want to be effective with Ivara you have to use a crit primary... that no good.

Edit: It would also help Mesa out a lot if we could mod her regulators separately, they would need some more damage tweaking but Mesa's late game damage right now is... non existent.

Edited by DrBorris

100% agree with this. Make another "upgrade" bar whenever said Warframes with abilities benefiting from mods are equipped. Allow us to use the same mods, NOT having to max out fresh mods.

Edit: The same goes for Sentinel weapons also, please :)

Edited by Multicom-EN-