The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most/least Satisfying Weapons

Teneroth

Really enjoying my single Bronco...fully modded and potatoed the one mod that really raised it up for me was full reload speed..from BOOM...BOOM to BOOM.BOOM it will keep a wall of bullets between you and the enemy and never seems to get low on ammo. I haven't been able to put it away since I got it to 30.

Really enjoying my single Bronco...fully modded and potatoed the one mod that really raised it up for me was full reload speed..from BOOM...BOOM to BOOM.BOOM it will keep a wall of bullets between you and the enemy and never seems to get low on ammo. I haven't been able to put it away since I got it to 30.

That reminds me that I've been regretting building the dual bronco actually! I thought they would grow on me by the time I got them to 30. But they didn't.  I know there is a free polarity slot, and I know that ultimately there is more burst damage with them...

But the style points and short reload of the single Bronco? It just felt right. I think I might build another one. >.>

That reminds me that I've been regretting building the dual bronco actually! I thought they would grow on me by the time I got them to 30. But they didn't. I know there is a free polarity slot, and I know that ultimately there is more burst damage with them...

But the style points and short reload of the single Bronco? It just felt right. I think I might build another one. >.>

thanks for the report on the duals I was thinking of doing that as well but the reload time had me a little worried...I really like the fact that I don't have to "time" my reloads when S#&$ hits the fan. Edited by Zeke01234

thanks for the report on the duals I was thinking of doing that as well but the reload time had me a little worried...I really like the fact that I don't have to "time" my reloads when S#&$ hits the fan.

You're welcome! Yus! And don't get me wrong! I think both versions of the weapon have their merit, however even factoring in a reload mod, the single bronco was more my style.

most satisfying = HEK. so much fun to run around and get all up in everything face even in high level and know every normal mob is going down in 1 shot. makes me feel like a boss.

least = dread. feels like a waste/overkill on all normal corpus and infested mobs(aswell as having a horrific fire rate for clearing groups). for heavy enemys the combination of the bolts travel time, slight drop over distance and the massive reload time make hiting weakpoint on anything but a stationary neer target very awkward. overall it just makes me feel like im using a gimped sniper rifle.

Most satisfying primary: The bows, bolt weapons and sniper rifles. Pinning people to walls and blowing pieces of grineer heads, corpus bodies and infested tumors to bits is fun.

Secondary: Kunai/Dread, dual pistols. Pretty self explanatory, I think.

Melee: Scindo, dual daggers, glaive, the scythes.. Bisecting people, chopping them into sashimi and throwing a disc to bisect more enemies is fun.

Least satisfying weapons: Sicarus and Kestrel. The Sicarus is unwieldy and trying to use a boomerang to chop people up is pretty weird. Burston gets an honorable mention.

Edit: Forgot the shotguns! Completely obliterating everything in front of you is very fun.

Edited by MageMeat

Most satisfying for me would be either the Flux Rifle or the Lanka. Flux because static laser of death, lanka because one shot wonder (both now in its 3rd forma)

least would be burston. irredeemable sack of bollocks

• 4 weeks later...

There's something really satisfying about using Hate and chopping up hordes of infested. I love the visual effects of elemental damage mods shown on the blade too. Sometimes, it's nice to take a step back and appreciate just how gorgeous some of the melee weapons look, regardless of their stats. 

Probably kogake and spectra

The spectra is a pain to actually kill something with, it's made all worth it when the enemy splits into like 5 parts

The kogake charge attack is a roundhouse kick, makes you fell like Chuck Norris

Unsatisfying would probably be burston before the buff, kraken and dual skana

Dual skana, double the skana double the awefullness

Burston pre buff, feels like a nerf gun past venus

Kraken, wanted to like this weapon ( mainly so i could say RELEASE THE KRAKEN) but the kick was just awful and made headshots nigh impossible. Sicarus is much better

my favorite melee weapon is the furax, i just love that uppercut.

This. SHORUYKEN!

I also like the Supra with a maxed out Split Chamber and both magazine size mods (and no Speed Trigger - you want to sustain fire for as long as possible) - there's nothing quite so fun as an enormous wall of laser. Ether Daggers with maxed Fury are nice for their massive rapid flurry of stabs, but they do lose effectiveness against higher-level enemies.

Most: The Boltor. With Speed Trigger and Split Chamber it's a needle hose, it's always satisfying to see enemies get absolutely pin-cushioned. And the squishy-squelchy noise when a bolt hits an enemy never gets old.

Least: The Bo because it does not do exactly as advertised. It WILL send enemies flying....upon death, like any other blunt weapon rather than the knockdown the Kogake and Kestrel have.

Most fun: Using the Hek and Fragor with a Rhino frame. It turns you into a human wrecking ball. You just dive into a group of grineer while swinging and if you happen to miss one, just shoot him in the face.

The paris challenges you in a good way to see what kind of shots you can make. Making tricky shots with the paris is very rewarding.

Most effective: The Lex and Kunai. Both are very damaging side arms for different ranges. Kunai was fun at first, but is now more of a "must have" weapon for the later levels, due to the enemy's rediculous armor upgrades.

Fun but ineffective: The Dread bow... at least at later levels. Something really needs to be done about how enemie's build too much resistances at later levels. Either that or make the Dread do serrated blade damage, but that wouldn't solve the heart of the main issue.

Depending on what I'm fighting, the twin Vipers can either be very effective, or subpar.

Just plain aweful: The kraken, snipetron (regular), vulkor, burston, skana and machete.

On paper, the kraken looked like a good alternative to the Lex, but the huge recoil was too much of an issue for it to be viable beyond short to medium ranges.

The regular snipetron's reload speed is just too long, even with a fast hands mod. The snipetron vandal however is just right.

The vulkor is just... no. The snipetron vandal makes the vulkor completely obsolete.

The burston feels a bit weak for a burst rifle, even with the recent buff. I think the damage is ok, but the recoil should be reduced by a fair amount.

As for the skana and machete, their damage is too low to even consider using them. I can see why the skana has low damage, but the machete? How can such a cool looking weapon be so weak?

Edit: Plasma sword seems a bit better now.

Edited by notHunky

hmm.

for primaries, Sobek, Boltor, Burston(sometimes), Paris, Snipetron/Vandal - are all fun to use. i'm not even talking about effectiveness, they just operate in an interesting manner, and all sound really cool. 

and those arrows on Paris... man. i can just have fun and shoot where i want, and not need to worry about doing only headshots. so i can run up to an enemy, aim up, pop an arrow in his chest, and watch him become an astronaut :D

secondaries, Vipers, Lex, Despair(ofcourse...), Vasto - are a blast to use. they're fun. 

Melee, Gram, Kestrel, Fangs, Zoren(non combative, though), Hate, Gram - are fun to use, and look great. yes i said Gram twice. Gram Master Race.

Hate looks damn cool and it's animations do, but they're so unnecessary and the range, and the slow.... dear god the slow.

some of these, are really powerful weapons. some of these, aren't. but these are the weapons i've really stuck with for a long time.

things that aren't satisfying, are burst weapons. i like Burston, and i want to like some of the others (sicarus sound is abysmal though so F*** that), but the way burst weapons operate is just annoying as hell to use. 

regardless of the framerate clock timing issue, the way burst weapons operate that the rate of fire that is optimal is only achievable through hitting the trigger at a specific time is stupid. if i pull the trigger faster or slower, the gun shoots slower than at a very specific point. that alone makes me want to punch someone.

and ofc all those random generic melee's that aren't very useful :/

as well as Vasto, the performance overall is great, but the pop at the beginning end of the sound is... dissapointing. it doesn't sound like a revolver. the crack at the end puts a chill down my spine it's so nice, though. 

Edited by taiiat

Let's face it, in any game with weapons some will be more fun to use then others. In the first Halo I LOOOOVED the assault rifle. It made a great sound, did good damage, and was overall very fun to use.

In multiplayer it was a useless piece of crap though. Holy crap did i hate that thing in multiplayer.

Anyway, satisfying weapons:

Snipetron Vandal, firing sound is good.

Lato Vandal, sounds cool

Boar, sounds like a jackhammer (not sure what to make of it since they changed the sound)

Gram, because it has good weight to it - scindo has the same animations so it goes here as well.

That's pretty much it.

aklato and dera are my favorite, love the silenced shot out of the lato, and the dera lighting up the enemy is just dam fun, I hated the vulkar and the lex though, can't adjust to the playstyle of a sniper pistol, and the vulkar just outright doesn't fit with me

I enjoyed the most:

MK1 - Braton - I didn't even wanted to change from, it just grew close to my heart

HEK - Wanted to make the instant I've seen it in the market. Wasn't disappointed after all the grinding for leveling to Mastery 4

Sobek - Not as much as the HEK but still okay, and I really like how small it is

Dera - I just got this weapon but I've wanted it the moment I saw it in the hands of the Corpus. Might not be the best but is my favourite assault rifle

Despair - I don't care about how overused this is, it's just awesomeness packed into the form of small knives

Glaive - You can throw it. That's cool.

Reaper Prime - What's a Hate?

Aklato - Best looking dualies

I didn't like at all:

Vol...

Vulkar - That weapon is a joke

Snipetron - That weapon is okay, but why would I want to use a sniper in maps like these?

Sicarus - That is the ultimate worst weapon I have tried in this game. It lacks damage, it lacks accuracy, it lacks fire rate, it has nothing going for it aside from looking decent.

Paris - Same with Snipetron, why would I want to use a bow?

Lex - It jsut didn't click with me

Hikou - It's good on paper, but I really like it if my weapon is ammo efficient and this one isn't. And why would I want to change my Despair to a pair of cheese graters?

Gorgon - I hate spin-up times. Though I'm still excited for the Supra, at least it doesn't look dildos.

Honorable mention:

Dual Vipers - Ammo is a huge gripe of mine, but it was fun.