Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A New Event. One That Lets People Defect, And Lets Us Hunt Them Down.

YasaiTsume

As title suggests.

Event pls : Let the potential edgelords in the community denounce Lotus and run amok while the rest of us good people just hunt them down endlessly until they come back to mommy.

Warframe in Dark Souls style PVP

Invade their ship, Invade their map, Invade their Dojo

Bloodbath on Relays, special warring maps.

Lol.

Edited by YasaiTsume

yeah no.

PvP should STAY with the PvP area.

it's not funny, it's not fun, and in practice it'd end up with either "who shoots first" or "who's the OP one?"

Keep your crappy PvP OUT of our PvE game. you wanna invade people? go play Dark Souls. Warframe is for Co-Op

seriously needs to be a vote DOWN button for all these fracking "Moar PvP" topics

Edited by KiloFoxx

yeah no.

it's not funny, it's not fun, and in practice it'd end up with either "who shoots first" or "who's the OP one?"

Keep your crappy PvP OUT of our PvE game. you wanna invade people? go play Dark Souls. Warframe is for Co-Op

seriously needs to be a vote DOWN button for all these fracking "Moar PvP" topics

You need some fries.

yeah no.

this is the kind of S#&$ attitude that keeps the PVP in the game from growing and getting polished.

Something like this could only work -- in my opinion -- as some sort of special conclave mode. To avoid the toxicity mixing PvP with PvE would bring, it would have to be seperate, something you signed up for and had to use conclave restrictions to do. Only those with conclave setups who are choosing to participate could. 

The level of anger and toxic fury that would sweep the game if people could actually come into non PvP games and challenge people using non PvP setups? The game isn't even balanced for that at all. Judging by how much work they spend every update just trying to keep PvP balanced on it's own. 

It sounds like a cool idea, and some games who have this as a base part of their design can do it well... but I don't think that's right for warframe. 

Something like this could only work -- in my opinion -- as some sort of special conclave mode. To avoid the toxicity mixing PvP with PvE would bring, it would have to be seperate, something you signed up for and had to use conclave restrictions to do. Only those with conclave setups who are choosing to participate could. 

The level of anger and toxic fury that would sweep the game if people could actually come into non PvP games and challenge people using non PvP setups? The game isn't even balanced for that at all. Judging by how much work they spend every update just trying to keep PvP balanced on it's own. 

It sounds like a cool idea, and some games who have this as a base part of their design can do it well... but I don't think that's right for warframe. 

A sort of hunt gamemode on a massive map? Sign me up!

this is the kind of S#&$ attitude that keeps the PVP in the game from growing and getting polished.

In all this time, they have not given any indication that they are willing to create competent PVP. The framework they have does not lead to quality gameplay. It's always been a complete afterthought that a minority of the forum community cares about.

Sorry. Just how it is. Random negative comments on the forum have nothing to do with it.

Edited by SweetSlaanesh

+9999 OP

I'd rather grind Vengeful Revenant for the rest of my life without getting it than see this game turn into a FFA pvp $hitfest. A single event is how it starts, and the next thing happening after such an event would be people asking for it to become part of the main game. Then rewards that change stats, then better rewards than PvE encounters because of the "higher risk". I gave DE the benefit of the doubt and trusted them to keep the two game modes separate, but since they made many of the PvP mods usable in PvE without allowing every mod to be farmed in PvE that trust's pretty much evaporated for now.

Nice joke. Tell it again.

But srsly tho, thread is just a joke, but if I get the chance to hunt players, I'll take it.

You didnt really answer my question. I'd assume if you get the opportunity to hunt down players, they'd get to hunt you too, no? Fair's fair.

Thanks for telling me the thread was a joke i was taking it pretty seriously until you enlightened me.

You didnt really answer my question. I'd assume if you get the opportunity to hunt down players, they'd get to hunt you too, no? Fair's fair.

Thanks for telling me the thread was a joke i was taking it pretty seriously until you enlightened me.

It's placed in GD and not in Feedback lol.

If I really wanted it, I should have placed it in Feedback, and wear my Flame Repellent.

While I am for PVP in Warframe I haven't enjoyed it since the Dark Sector and Conclave 1.0 days. This is mainly because of balance issues. 

Before conclave was changed balance existed in every fully modded weapon being a 1-shot kill or close. The new system created a full-blown hierarchy for weapons and frames.

Without a new way to balance your proposed mode its just another gimmick to me.

Death to the heretic acolytes! The Lotus is Mother! The Lotus is love! The Lotus is truth!

Natah is just a Sentient parading around in a shell that remotely resembles the one whom the Tenno called "mother". Believing her lies of caring about us only draws the blind closer to her grasp before she chokes the life from our frames and drains the last of our humanity and sanity from the minds of the Tenno. Margulis is love and love died long ago!

But on the serious side, it would be interesting to split an event like this into two versions. The PvP side would have players who chose to leave be hunted by the ones that stayed while Pve has the players choose a side and we hunt down / fight AI Tenno. Both version (PvP and PvE ) and their respective sides (Loyal to Lotus and Ronin) sides offer the same set of items per Tier with each tier getting unlocked for every frame you drop and capture. The only difference is that the Lotus weapons come with the Lotus color scheme and skin, while the Ronin have an inverted version. If you complete the event, your final gift (besides a badge / sigil) is the alternate side color scheme.

As for any lasting ramifications, the Ronin would get missions from another NPC who has a shape shifting form of mobs till DE would decide to put money into making an actual NPC for the job. The Voice for the NPC would be Microsoft Sam like or just random phrases and noises from the mobs and every gift they give us would "fall off the back of a truck" or they could be a rival support unit that just didn't like Natah.

Edited by Kaisty

I could sorta get down withe a PvE version of this, though frankly it'd be a lot more fun being the edgelord and hunting down SpaceMom's dutiful pets...

In all seriousness, it would be nice to get some independence from the Lotus. Warframe has a good variety of factions now, and it'd be great if say, Darvo or the Syndicates or even Alad (now that he's separated from the Corpus and not trying to kill us) had different sets and types of missions for us to do.