The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolyte Confrontations? All Of Them Are Dead

-Asachi

Question

Ok so im alittle late to the who party with this and all the acolytes are dead so how am I suppose to get all 10 confrontations? 
This is pretty important to me cause I like finishing every event, but I was unfortunately busy

22 answers to this question

In a world where False Profit existed, I'm going to have to disagree

False Profit was very weird to go through, especially the last portions of it X_X. This event...it was good, but as most of us are talking about now, if you missed out on the opportunity to get 10 Acolyte kills (like I have), you've basically missed out on that portion even though you get to kill some of the Acolytes in the Endless mode. 

So basically if you weren't here on time to kill the acolytes your just #*($%%@? thats sooooo unfair .. they don't respawn at all? what the hell? what kind of event is this ?  If you have ur life busy u just can't do the event .. fck that 

So basically if you weren't here on time to kill the acolytes your just #*($%%@? thats sooooo unfair .. they don't respawn at all? what the hell? what kind of event is this ?  If you have ur life busy u just can't do the event .. fck that 

Unfair how? Are you telling me you couldn't find the time to put at least 2 or 3 hours into acolyte hunting just to get 10 confrontations? Seriously... theres 168 hours in a week. If your telling me your couldn't find 2 or 3 hours in a whole week then I think the problem lies with you.

it was a matter of time before the typical hur dur i wasn't here for the even but i should get everything just because started ... now when the event ends and some people don't get the vulkar wraith or the mods they will come saying they have a super busy life yet they want mods in a game for reasons if u didn't do the event u don't deserve the reward if you were busy too bad 

Unfair how? Are you telling me you couldn't find the time to put at least 2 or 3 hours into acolyte hunting just to get 10 confrontations? Seriously... theres 168 hours in a week. If your telling me your couldn't find 2 or 3 hours in a whole week then I think the problem lies with you.

As fair as it may sound to you, there's a lot of things wrong with this.

1. Your making assumptions about someone you don't even know. You know nothing of their personal lives and are not in a position to judge someone's sceduaul.

2. You assume he had a whole week to do this event. Which entirely depends on his knowledge of said event.

As can be read in his post, this event cought him by surprise. Giving him less then a week's chance.

3. The time to complete the event was comunity driven for the Acolytes. It depended on how fast the comunity would kill them all that we would get the final encounter. In theory someone with a busy week scedule who plays the game only in the weekends has had only 1 day to make time for this event.

4. There was no warning given that a dead acolyte actualy meant that the corresponsing mission was no longer available. This is the first time in the game we've had such a "to late to the party? Too bad." mechanic without forewarning.

5. One could easily asume the final boss would count towards acolytes, as he is listed as one. Which was my asumption and though i agree thats a wrong assumption on my part, i had no way of knowing he wasn't beforehand.

6. Finaly, we also forget the rng factor of their appearance, which is the real factor that felt like a bad design choice.

They were practicly tellimg he players to twiddle their thumbs while they waited for one of them to pop up again in their Liset.

They were coming and going so fast that i saw them dissapear in between me doing a single phorid run.

Which takes me about 3-5 minutes to do from mission start to completion screen.

It was likely on there for a while but i noticed with doing the runs myself that the window to do them was not longer than 10 minutes.

I even had the bad luck.of running a survival one as soon as i saw it pop up, the acolyte failed to spawn so I tried waiting till the 10 minute mark.

It still didn't pop up so i ended the mission.

What had happend was that before i reached the 5 minute mark of the survival, the acolyte node had dissapeared. And apparently my chance to encounter it went away with it.

So evwn when you're doimg it right, there was the possibility that you could reach all 10/10 for the badge.

I like some things they did with this event, like the lore and having to fight multiple "betrayer Tenno" who could put up a good fight.

But i dislike the lack of a "grace period" of sort for people to get their 10/10 and or scans before all the acolytes dissapeared.

I also dislike how terible the Alad AI is for the last part if the event.

Running out of the save zones that players created, to run head first into the center of the enemy blob to get hself shot up.

I like the idea of true mobule defence, but please do it with some competent AI next time. Atleast the bailif could handle himself in a fight with his hammer.

It's been a long time since they designed an event like this, where it could be "over" before it's end date. I think it was Eyes of Blight? Didn't go over very well then. Not a very good move to screw people out of a time-limited event reward when the timer's still ticking. Seems to me the smart thing to do would be having an acolyte encore before it's all over.

Yea. Alil terrible since the dead Acolytes can't be fought again to unlock the fight for Misery.

Does taxi work?

Side note here :

Wad if there were never the 5 Edgey ones, and only 1 true Edgelord that is Misery?

If the Edgelord himself escapes death, then he can bring back his Edgelings anytime he wants. ^.^

Edited by YasaiTsume

It is unfair about how the tiered Event stages are designed so that anyone who misses 10 Acolyte kills cannot even finish the Event.

And the fact the Acolytes are probably not gonna be revived again since Misery is already on the field. 

DE should have considered this and let any player who has finished Shadow Debt 1 - 4 participate in Shadow Debt 5 anyway because all they missed was the Acolyte hunting parts.

Besides, if they missed the Acolyte hunting parts, they already missed out on potentially alot of Mod drops, so that's fair punishment for them missing the Acolyte hunt already. 

Cmon man, it's not their fault they can't fork up hours to play.

I loved False Profit sólo with Valkyr, it was dirty easy to do.

False Profit wasn't hard, that wasn't my point. It was BORING, both in lore (space banking fraud? Really?) and in gameplay (let's take mobile defense, make it four times as long, and replace killing things with doing absolutely nothing).

Eyes of Blight called...

Even that was better than False Profit. It was boring, but it was the GrindFrame kind of boring. The same kind of boring we already do, just more of it. If it wasn't for the horrendous timing on DE's part -- I mean seriously? December 20th? -- it'd go down in history as "eh, kinda boring but overall OK."

I'm in the same boat also guys... except for me I find this unfair because this event had to happen in a particular week I was very busy with work. Only time I had was to sit down to check how much time I have left to actually participate and complete the event.

When I did check what I saw was timer saying 7 days and some hours remaining... so naturally I thought to my self "Alright, there is enough time so that I can plan ahead and use the day off that I will have to complete this" except... oh wait, I cant. Because when I finally did sit down and start playing the event, the game releaved to me that part of it ends much sooner than the timer and that the acolyte targets are no longer avalible to me.

Because of my situation I find this event very unfair. I like the idea, but I would also like for people like me to be given at least a chance. :(

It is unfair about how the tiered Event stages are designed so that anyone who misses 10 Acolyte kills cannot even finish the Event.

And the fact the Acolytes are probably not gonna be revived again since Misery is already on the field.

DE should have considered this and let any player who has finished Shadow Debt 1 - 4 participate in Shadow Debt 5 anyway because all they missed was the Acolyte hunting parts.

Besides, if they missed the Acolyte hunting parts, they already missed out on potentially alot of Mod drops, so that's fair punishment for them missing the Acolyte hunt already.

Cmon man, it's not their fault they can't fork up hours to play.

You can finish the eventYou can get the Vulkar Wraith and the Lacera Skin.

Its just as unfair from you blaming DE for the event because YOU had no time.

All you miss is an orokin reactor BP (that you can get in alerts anyways) and the badge. Just...a...badge. It isn't even that great looking...

And on the Mods...those will come back and are still droping in the 3rd part.

Nothing here should make you whine like a little child that lost a Lego-brick.

And its neither DE's fault you can't fork up hours.

Acolytes were alive for a while...even on weekend.

The only thing you may can complain is the RNG part of the event

/rant about rants

Edited by -Blaze-

Ok so im alittle late to the who party with this and all the acolytes are dead so how am I suppose to get all 10 confrontations? 

This is pretty important to me cause I like finishing every event, but I was unfortunately busy

Soul Miseried from General Discussion to Players helping PLayers.

Even that was better than False Profit. It was boring, but it was the GrindFrame kind of boring. The same kind of boring we already do, just more of it. If it wasn't for the horrendous timing on DE's part -- I mean seriously? December 20th? -- it'd go down in history as "eh, kinda boring but overall OK."

Yeah, because a rigged event I blew through all my 10k+ cryotic for, just to lose 2/3 of the Relays anyway is so "fun". False Profit was better than EoB. That one at least wasn't guaranteed to fail.