The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is My Latron Prime Build Good?

Doctory

Question

19 answers to this question

Shred is easy to get via trade though, I think I even have an extra one I could trade you. Or worse case you're welcome to run some nightmare with me and we'll get you one. 

You definitely want to replace Hammer shot with Shred. The DPS it grants is significantly more than HS and basically anything but HC(which ruins your accuracy with a gun like this) Being able to shoot through multiple enemies is huge, especially in things like Defense and survival where they tend to line up as they run down the hall toward you. 

I would switch hammer for heavy cal, but it's whatever floats your goat(yes goat)

Switch Hammershot for Argon Scope, Shred, Piercing Caliber or Heavy Cal.

isnt heavy cal gonna ruin accuracy? especially for weps like latron

Switch Hammershot for Argon Scope, Shred, Piercing Caliber or Heavy Cal.

I don't have any of those except heavy cal. Argon scope is too expensive, I can't farm shred because my nightmare missions keep disappearing, and piercing caliber is also really expensive.

I don't have any of those except heavy cal. Argon scope is too expensive, I can't farm shred because my nightmare missions keep disappearing, and piercing caliber is also really expensive.

I would suggest having shred on, with a semi auto weapon like the latron, you can use the punch through and the fire rate 

it's not that hard to farm it, and you can basically buy it for like 10p or so. some ppl (from ur clan or something) can give it for free 

I got a similar build as you OP : 

YmzCoGX.jpg

I used to put my Heavy Caliber on Latron P, but the loss of accuracy is so great that I have to ditch it.

As others have said, replace Hammer Shot with Shred and you're good to go.

edit : Even with Argon Scope, Latron P can only reach a crit chance of ~57.75% in effect, which IMO is not worth as it procs crit quite often already.

Edited by SpryCrow

I would advise against overbuilding for crit damage though.

Unless you have access to an an Arcane Avenger set i'd prefer Argon Scope. Despite the numbers being lower.

With the base crit chance, you still have a 46% chance of not critting every time you fire, making all your crit damage mods worthless.

I know, i use it as well. The main problem of that build is the fact that sometimes (40% give or take) you won't crit, wasting the potential for a 4x crit headshot and the potential of your 8.5x crit multiplier.

It's mostly a matter of preference to be honest. I would say that, for me, on the Latron the first priority is getting the crit chance up. For you it might be different. Then again, i run your build on the Latron, using Avenger to get to 67.5% crit chance without wasting a mod slot, so that's a possibility if you can farm LoR trial or muster the plat.

For reference, the chance of not critting is:

- only point strike 41.4% / once every 2.42 shots

- add argon scope 20.29% / once every 4.93 shots

- use avenger 12.76% (my choice) / once every 7.84 shots

- add argon scope and avenger together 2.58% (this would be my second pick) / once every 38.76 shots

Edited by Autongnosis

Get rid of hammershot. It's a dps loss over just about anything else you can put in there.

The gun is erratic on crits. It's how it does best on paper, but pursuing paper stats on this gun probably isn't the best way to build it. However, the new crit mods have probably found a home on this gun. Although, they are conditional, the conditions they prosper in are ones this gun can provide pretty readily. The crit boosts would be good, but you will run into issue with the limited amount of mod slots available.

Shred can be quite important, since punchthrough is a huge damage multiplier.

I need to revisit this gun myself once the event is over. The other side of this is that the Latron Wraith is still much better when leveraging crits for damage.

Depends what you want to use it for. Heavy Caliber is a no because it's a headshot weapon. Personally I mod for status and use it to proc Radiation and Viral Status on the enemy. Because it doesn't always kill heavy targets in one shot, it's best to use it to cause chaos with Radiation instead while Viral halves the health of enemies far too tough to kill quickly.

Don't use Argon Scope just use Vital Sense unless you really want to build for unreliable crits or you're planning on being able to stand still aiming long enough to utilize it. Remember that the stats of the Latron Prime mean it will hit like a truck one second and like a feather the next, hence building for reliable Status proc. The Latron Wraith is the reliable crit rifle where Argon Scope would be best used. All that being said the Status chance is high enough that just adding dual stat mods without Hammershot is enough so my build is the following.

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 4 dual stat elementals.

Works for me, might not work for you.

Edited by Zilchy