The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Or Ps4?

(PSN)Malice_IV

Question

I have only played on the PS4. I guess the plus side to the PS4 over the PC is you can get the run down of the new stuff to come to the console before hand by watching videos of the PC players running the new events, mods, frames, weapons, etc.

But at the same time having PC would be nice to get all the stuff first and not have to wait for the updates to come out. The large community on PC could be a good and bad thing at the same time.

If you choose PS4 you can add me as a friend in game and I can try and get you in to the clan I'm in. Great group of guys always helping the new guys out and have all the research in the dojo finished and ready for purchase.

Also, whichever you choose. I know one thing is for sure. The community in general is the best on both PC and PS4. You don't get the noobish kids screaming "PC Master Race. Console Peasants" all the time. But instead everyone seems to be helpful to one another. I think it's kinda related to the beginners wall that you have to surpass to really get into this game. Feels like a right of passage to get past it. Keeps the crappy people away.

Edited by (PS4)porq_chopz

PC has does indeed have a bigger community compared to PS4, but PS4 you can lay back and control everything with a single controller behind a 46inch tv. xD

PC you get to experience bugs that are funny some times and stressful at others... PS4 must always wait before playing a certain update that the PC players already been through. So it's up to you, you choose which experience would you prefer?

Malice,

you at at the impasse I was last year. Jump to PC or stay on PS4. I have had the great fortune to meet a lot of the warframe community  IRL. Made a lot  of tenno friends across all platforms. With that said PC has a lot of pros and a lot of cons.

What I ended up doing was making a PC account and trying it out and see if A. the change in controls would be manageable and B. if I would be okay with re-starting fresh.  I was able to hook up my ps4 controller to my pc and use that over my keyboard, however the controls weren't very smooth and I could not bind multiple keys to the same button.  

I honestly would just try the PC version and see how you like it.

PC - New updates, regular hotfixes first, Better choice of Graphics / FPS and settings.

Console - Updated regularly (not as often as PC), Doesn't receive individual hotfixes but gets them all bundled in the same update when Sony / Microsoft accepts the cert, Decent FPS and Graphics.

Up to you here, Do you enjoy new content first? If so PC, Do you prefer to get the content eventually but without the bugs (Since the hotfixes come bundled with the update) Go Console.

Your choice.

I've played on both, but personally enjoyed PC much more, which is why I haven't played PS4 Warframe in years.

You have more control with PC. It's obviously easier to play with a mouse. Infrequent plat discounts (if you think you'd spend on this game). Plus, the game is catered to PC users by design. They even have a dedicated trading website (although PS4 support may come eventually).

With console, you know what's coming, good or bad.....therefore the players are typically more helpful to newbies. There are actually a lot of people playing on PS4 as is. PC has more, but I don't think that it's needed.....just a 4-man squad. Plus, sitting back in the recliner with a controller on a 50in+ will never get old.

They both have pros and cons. I dont think that you can go "wrong" with either.

...PS4 you can lay back and control everything with a single controller behind a 46inch tv...

I can and do, do that with my PC.

I have it for PS4 (aka Bloodborne machine) as well. I stopped playing it on there because of the constant frame drops.

Edit: I would say to the OP, play on which ever platform you feel like and/or which ever one has more of your friends on that also play the game.

Edited by mannequin0

I can and do, do that with my PC.

I have it for PS4 (aka Bloodborne machine) as well. I stopped playing it on there because of the constant frame drops.

Edit: I would say to the OP, play on which ever platform you feel like and/or which ever one has more of your friends on that also play the game.

They fixed the frame drops with the last update. At least I haven't noticed the drop issue that was occuring before this most recent update. If you haven't played since the update you should be good to go again.

Pc it controls better (my opinion) and runs better as well as getting updates first and also gets tennogen items if you download through steam the only negative i can think of is not getting the obsidian skins but with everything else that isnt really that bad

EDIT:Whichever you prefer

Edited by Sanctusfortis

Didn't see anyone mention load times. On PC, depending on your rig build, if you're using a Solid State Drive the load times are VERY quick (mostly when soloing of course). When in groups though, you have to wait for everyone else to load at the same time, regardless if you're first to load in.

Others have mentioned PC has much better graphics, which is a plus. Also IMHO mouse + keyboard is much better. I feel like this game controls a little better on a controller, but aiming is a nightmare compared to mouse and keyboard. Granted you can get used to it on console, it's just so much get's thrown at you so quickly all the time, i couldn't imagine trying to slowly line my shots up with a controller honestly.

A few people argued for console because sitting back, relaxing with a huge tv. You can easily do the same with a PC connected to a TV honestly. You can also get wired controllers with a long cord or a bluetooth wireless adapter + gamepad.

Honestly it comes down to cost. If you have a crazy gaming machine i'd go with PC right away. If you have an older PC with no urge to upgrade it anytime soon, go with console. Or if you haven't started yet, try a week on both and then decide. Just don't spend the starter plat or put any money into it until you decide.

Account migration should be a big factor. If you decide that you don't like it on the PC you will have the option to move to PS4 at a later date. I am not sure about what gets carried over but it is definitely better than starting off on the PS4 and never having the option to change.

The other thing that I would consider is the longevity of a console version, with the PC at least you know if you want to play it a few years down the line that the community will still be going strong. On console you have to be aware that they do have a finite life span and there are no guarantees that Sony or Microsoft will grant a license for warframe on the PS5 or the Xbox Two? On the PC the game will last as long as DE with the support of the fans allow it to last.

It comes down to what's the power of your pc honestly . I went ps4 because my pc isn't that much better than a ps4 not to mention playing with a keyboard and mouse is a disaster . In my opinion of course BUT pc has waaaaaaaaaay more options man sometimes that alone is better . If you want a 50 inch TV hooked on to it yeah pc can do that do but it might look awkward on your TV Stand and kind of weird being on the couch with a keyboard and mouse lol. But it is an option not to mention you can use a controller with your pc as well. But if your gonna do that just stay ps4 lol.its really up to you man . Both have pros and cons.

Well I'm a traditional console player but started playing Warframe on PC...even when I do upgrade to a next gen system I have no plans to migrate from my PC to the console. I use a old wired xbox 360 controller to play and have no real issues. 

Pros : You get first access to new updates etc (and bugs lol)

Cons : I can only guess is if your PC can't run it.

take it from me tenno, PC master race, better graphics and you get updates and events 1st,, I did copy my account to ps4 and played on ps4 for a year,  only one benefit on ps4  is you have full controller support on pc is not full. 

another reason why pc ?   ps4 has short life time,, by the end of 2019 or 2020  ps5 will be announced 

Edited by Abufhad

PC master race

It never Was Master Race. And, it Will never be Master Race if people keeps Spouting it like it's still 2009. 

better graphics and you get updates and events 1st,, 

Better Graphics is not a Valid Reason as to why he should get Warframe on PC. 

Updates are riddled with bugs and Glitches.

Events are just a side Show and happen Very annually. Nothing Special. 

PS4 has short life time,, by the end of 2019 or 2020  ps5 will be announced 

Another invalid Reason as to why he should get this on PC. 

PS4 was Released in 2013. If what you predicted comes true, then it's full lifespan would be 6 to 7 years. Plenty of Time to play this game before the Next generation of Playstation is Released, and that's if this game is even around at that point in time, which makes your ''so called'' point even more invalid. 

Honestly...Why even bother.....

Just do like most people Do and make an Account for Both Platforms....

Edited by (PS4)sanemane213

Best of both worlds. Get it on PC on steam and get a steam link to connect to your TV. (steam link and controller together is about £70 or £80 IIRC)

You can then play as a pc guru with keyboard and mouse, or take the Console controller option of that takes your fancy.

No need for multiple accounts. No need for anything other than playing where you fancy sitting and playing the game.

The only thing I would add is that if you want to play PvP mode and you are on a steam machine you will get your ! kicked by other players because you are using a console controller and everyone else will be using keyboard and mouse but for regular PvE games nobody will even notice.

Edited by beercritch