The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Favorite Book?

Eldnacpeek

That is a magazine...

The Playboy Book

cover_0730_B.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[EDIT]

Had to remove the link because of "other" listings.

sorry about that.

also, yes, it's a joke.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Ahcruna

Dune_Herbert.jpg

What would Muad'Dib do?

722667.jpg

At_the_mountains_of_madness.jpg

Also, any of the Del Rey Lovecraft compilations, I still read all of them quite often - Dreams of Terror and Death, Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos, The Horror in the Museum, The Road to Madness, Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre, The Watchers Out of Time. 

The Skulduggery Pleasant series (I even got two of my friends into the series and I tormented (pun unintentional)-slash-trolled one of them with the details for awhile, specifically in the form of half-truths and misinformation about the plot)

Also, the Riftwar trilogy (although I have only read two of the books) is pretty good, too

i don't have one favorite book.

however, i do have a favorite series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Asaro_bibliography#Saga_of_the_Skolian_Empire

this is... very serious Sci-Fi. these books are a masterpiece. a complex universe, Sci-Fi that actually is logical and based off of something rather than 'because magic'... and subject matter that is really intriguing.

the story is a huge spiderweb, something interesting at every single step.

again, very serious Sci-Fi. it's not for everyone.

to be clear, this is serious in the sense of the Writer has a Masters in Physics, Doctorate in Chemical Physics... plus the rest of her background. i can't stress it enough, this is very serious Sci-Fi.

i've read most of the books in this series a dozen times, and each time, more understanding is gleamed from them, more of the universe fits together.

So trying this out. Just got Primary Inversion.

So trying this out. Just got Primary Inversion.

note, the Books were not written in time order!

however, every book does have (among a lot of other things like bloodline charts and stuff like that) a timeline that shows what order in time the books go in.

however, every book is written well enough that it makes sense and can stand alone as a singular book if someone wanted to do that.

there are never confusing holes left just because other books haven't been read.

but ofc i'd say anyone should read them all.

well, i guess then the right thing to say wouldn't be what order in time they go in, but when the events in each take place in context of the rest of the universe around them.

note, the Books were not written in time order!

however, every book does have (among a lot of other things like bloodline charts and stuff like that) a timeline that shows what order in time the books go in.

however, every book is written well enough that it makes sense and can stand alone as a singular book if someone wanted to do that.

there are never confusing holes left just because other books haven't been read.

but ofc i'd say anyone should read them all.

well, i guess then the right thing to say wouldn't be what order in time they go in, but when the events in each take place in context of the rest of the universe around them.

Thank you. I got lucky and found one seede/alsdjf...nevermind.

The Light Bringer series by Brent Weeks.

Waiting on Book 4. Andross Guile is a bastard.

That aside; I enjoy The Thief of Always and Weaveworld by Clive Barker, Artemis Fowl series, with Eoin Colfer's other books such as The Supernaturalist, Airman and Half-moon investigations being well enjoyed. Dragons of Pern books were nice to read growing up, The Hobbit is a classic, Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche and The Book of Five Rings good for thinking in general, and The Night Angel Trilogy is quite nice. Windsinger was good. 

I thought the third chapter could have been given a bit more flare.

lol in Their Story, Chapter 3 is called Check that out

When a giant dong shaped alien space ship shows up, and does something gross

so an army of aliens attacks the already dying people in their town

My story's material is highly unsuitable for people... its like Rated R

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis