Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tremor, The Minigun

SaltMeetsPepper

Hey, guys. I've been wanting a weapon like this for a while. The imperator essentially does this but to a lesser degree and I'd really like to see a grounded rendition. Any criticism is appreciated.

Incase somebody doesn't know what a minigun looks like -

http://kuba-t1000.com/minigun/obrazki/3d_model/3d_model_m134_by_Kuba_T1000_1.png

-------------------------------------

Tremor (MR12)

(Magazine size - 750)

(Total ammo capacity - 3,000)

Reload speed - 10 seconds

Impact - 8.5

Slash - 12

Puncture - 22.5

Status chance - 0%

Critical chance - 20%

Critical multiplier - 2x

Natural punch through of +0.8

A minigun / Rail gun type weapon that theoretically fires and operates like an imperator, but has different functions. Built for ground use.

It has great advantages in exchange for huge detriments.

High spin up time, but once initiated has the highest rate of fire in the game and a natural knack for punch-through without the need for mods.

Boasting a clipsize of 750, this gun will tear through armor with ease. It has hit-scan bullet travel time.

The reload speed is a whopping 10 seconds, so cover is recommended while the process takes place.

The gun is massive - the weight alone is a burden to wield, and slows your movement speed while the gun is firing. The recoil is very heavy, so mods to compensate this are highly recommended.

Keeping the gun spooling for too long will cause it to overheat and for it to go into a 'cooldown' phase for 8 seconds. This is signaled by a smoking and red-heated barrel.

PROS -

Highest rate of fire (after spinup).

Hit-scan bullet travel time.

High punch through without the need for mods.

Decent critical chance with mods.

CONS -

10 second reload time

Chance to overheat from nonstop firing, 8 second cool down afterwards and unable to reload during.

Movement speed is slowed and jumping/sliding is disabled while firing rounds.

High ammo consumption - compensate with mods.

Very heavy recoil.

Edited by TeloZ

So you want an imperator for ground missions?

What about supra and Gorgon? Why do we need another heavy machine gun? What would make this one special?

What would be it's weakness? If it has none people will wine that it's OP and it will get nerfed...probably in a way that you will hate.  

I'm not tearing down your idea but these questions need to be answered.

well there is a low base damage, low crit, no status, very high recoil, and an ungodly 10 second reload. I would say those are some huge disadvantages. The only thing it has going for it is the ability to get a ton of rounds down range really fast. 

So you want an imperator for ground missions?

What about supra and Gorgon? Why do we need another heavy machine gun? What would make this one special? 

I'm not tearing down your idea but these questions need to be answered.

we could always use a slash minigun? lol

but i think if this went with their idea on the dev stream it would be cool. plus you could use with less drawbacks.

Their\rebecca's idea was to add consumable weapon drops. Like using the skates from the corpus guys or the hellion shots.

That or maybe add it to exterminate 2.0 as a special weapon to use in that specificific mission type. Make it a real exterminate

we could always use a slash minigun? lol

but i think if this went with their idea on the dev stream it would be cool. plus you could use with less drawbacks.

Their\rebecca's idea was to add consumable weapon drops. Like using the skates from the corpus guys or the hellion shots.

That or maybe add it to exterminate 2.0 as a special weapon to use in that specificific mission type. Make it a real exterminate

Changed it up a bit. Check it out!

Personally, I find that this would be more fitting as a Warframe's 4th power, considering how it limits mobility, and thus wouldn't make any sense to be able to holster it.

PS: Last I checked there is a rule against bumping threads, unless it is a notable update to the content in the original post.

Hey, guys. I've been wanting a weapon like this for a while. The imperator essentially does this but to a lesser degree and I'd really like to see a grounded rendition. Any criticism is appreciated.

Incase somebody doesn't know what a Gatling gun looks like -

http://nevseoboi.com.ua/uploads/posts/2011-07/1310313396_gatling-gun-like-machine-gun_www.nevseoboi.com.ua.jpg

-------------------------------------

Tremor (MR12)

(Magazine size - 750)

(Total ammo capacity - 3,000)

Reload speed - 10 seconds

Impact - 8.5

Slash - 12

Puncture - 20

Status chance - 0%

Critical chance - 15%

Critical multiplier - 2x

A Gatling gun / Rail gun type weapon that theoretically fires and operates like an imperator, but has different functions. Built for ground use.

It has great advantages in exchange for huge detriments.

High spin up time, but once initiated has the highest rate of fire in the game and a natural knack for punch-through without the need for mods.

Boasting a clipsize of 750, this gun will tear through armor with ease. It has hit-scan bullet travel time.

The reload speed is a whopping 10 seconds, so cover is recommended while the process takes place.

The gun is massive - the weight alone is a burden to wield, and slows your movement speed while the gun is firing. The recoil is very heavy, so mods to compensate this are highly recommended.

Keeping the gun spooling for too long will cause it to overheat and for it to go into a 'cooldown' phase for 8 seconds. This is signaled by a smoking and red-heated barrel.

PROS -

Highest rate of fire (after spinup).

Hit-scan bullet travel time.

High punch through without the need for mods.

Decent critical chance with mods.

CONS -

10 second reload time

Chance to overheat from nonstop firing, 8 second cool down afterwards and unable to reload during.

Movement speed is slowed and jumping/sliding is disabled while firing rounds.

High ammo consumption - compensate with mods.

Very heavy recoil.

Fix:

1000 total clip. No ammo reversed.

No built-in punch through, hit scan

Or built-in punch through, projectile.

No weight penalty, no hot sauce cooldown.

Has turn around penalty after windup.

Windup time 5-6 sec.

Pros:

No reload time,

High critical chance (15% is high for machine gun consider it's super firerate)

Total damage output in a short time is high. (I empty 200 clipsize soma in 5-6 second)

Good at kissing goodbye horde of enemy coming at ya.

Free moving left and right.

Cons

Windup time.

No status (downside)

Hardly can swing when in grararara mode.

No ammo reserves.

Note: recoil is not a dead or alive matter with machine gun.

I hate to be "that guy", but your image is a Minigun, not a Gatling gun. key differences being that a Gatling Gun is Hand-operated by turning a Crank to cycle the barrels, a far more modern Minigun uses an electric motor for operation. the Minigun is an evolution over the Gatling, but it isn't a Gatling anymore.

but to my point, as much as I love the notion of wielding a Minigun, that 10 second reload is a deal breaker, and we already have the Soma, Soma prime, Gorgon, Prisma Gorgon, Gorgon Wraith and Supra to fill the role of "overwhelming support fire". before it's buff, the Supra took 7 seconds to reload, and it was unbearable. Overheating mid-firefight would also be an major inconvenience that nobody wants.

an LMG with minigun Barrels, like the Bandit rifles in Borderlands 2 would be cool, but an actual Minigun is too impractical, and would be more of a detriment in combat.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

I'd have to disagree.

The fact that it can cause indefinite punch through and hit scan travel time makes it an invaluable support type weapon, and would reign supreme in the area of crowd control as far as all the LMGs go.

If you applied mods such as primed fast hands, hornet strike and mods to increase puncture and/or slash, this could do some serious work.

Sure, the heating mechanic may need to be tweaked but other than that, I believe it to be a solid weapon if it were to come into fruition.

And yeah, you're right on the subject of Gatling guns/ miniguns. I apologize. I'll change it.

• 1 month later...