Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So A Thought About The New Augments For Atlas And Equinox...

hukurokuju5

If you build a house on a bad foundation, everything you do build on top of the foundation can be for nothing

If you paint a turd gold, its still a turd

Creating augments is not a remedy for badly designed skills.

atlas skill usability was already kind of wonky...

tectonics augment 

+ allows placing of 3 walls, minus the tenno bowling.

- 3 TIMES AS POWERFUL /sarcasm.  the cover provided was already too small to be very effective.  You cant see through it like volt shield or frost snowglobe, so what is it for?  What kind of playstyle does it create for the frame?  Does it feel like an impactful skill for players using it?  no..........

petrify augment

50% Drop chance for killed petrified enemies.

- petrify already had problems being too slow  of a skill for the gameplay pace of warframe.  This new augment encourages use of a slow skill that does not fit the min/max efficiency for farming at all.

Titanic rumbler augment

merge your rumblers into one king sh1t. health up, damage up, and aggro up( notreally)

-  all skills that rely on ai are usually boring for the player and because the ai in warframe is kind of derpy, these skills can be frustratingly uncontrollable and unreliable.

- rumblers relies .  It seems to only aggro on ground slam, and after it does it once, it gets preoccupied with enemies and wont reaggro for a while. Equiox Duality augment also sufferes from problems with the ai

** upddate**

equinox pacify/provoke augment

is pretty strong.  In nightform the augment feels pretty impactful as the slow is essentially straight damage reduction and more.  I hit 76% slow  with a 190 str build.  this is on top of the actual damage reduction from the base skill.  GJ DE

Duality augment

is kind of held back by derp ai and duration scaling

Edited by hukurokuju5

Augments are to "augment" your playstyle, not necessarily make it better or more efficient. If you find yourself using a certain ability a lot and you think an augment for that ability would be useful then you slot it. If it's not worth it to you, don't use it.

but because you cant shoot through it, combined with the small wall size makes it a very underwhelming skill.  Even without comparing it to other shield skills.  If you do compare it to other shield skills, tectonics becomes a dungbeetle skill

It blocks hallways and outright halts enemy progress while having a substantial amount of Health. It's a fine skill. My only change would eb to have it's size be affected by power strength.

After doing some science/experiments with Atlas on draco, the Tectonics augment has really good use. Myself and 2 other friends ran atlas, two of us ran the Tectonics augment and the other ran titanic rumbler mod. We raised the our walls up against the consoles that the enemy uses to retake the points, negating them access to the terminal. Seeing we had 7 walls up (3 for each of the two people running the tectonics augment, and one from myself.) there was only one console left for the enemy to use. I ran the titanic rumbler mod and just dropped my rumbler nearby the consol so the enemy would be destracted and keep fire off of the teammates. Oh, I forgot to note that enemies do not actively shoot the tectonic walls because they are too focus shooting either you or your rumbler/s. In general for interseptions, Atlas is a decent choice even if you don't have 3 or four of them.

As for Atlas' overall usefulness, he is a great choice for defense missions against infested. I did the sorti with the infested defense with Atlas built for power, duration, armor and some health. The health and armor is for the rumblers to have more health (same as the tectonics) and for petrify to have the enemies stay statues for longer. No one brought a nova, ember, nor frost so I stayed on the objective and froze any enemy that got to close while I had the little rumblers do work. When I saw a heavy enemy such as healers, disrupters, infested moas, etc... after they became statues, I used Atlas' 1 to turn them into dust and return to the objective.

Overall, at least in my opinion, Atlas may not be everyone's favorite choice but that is because not enough people experiment with his abilities and see his full potential. Something I forgot to mention is that it seems his passive ability is that he is immune to knockdown, so when you are trying to revive a teammate and an arson-eximus pops his firewave, you can stand there, laugh, and say "That's cute." before punching his face into oblivion.

Equinox, 2 good, 1 sucks (the 5 meter one...I mean big whoop, that should have been part of the ability standard)

Atlas...all suck, I cannot for the life of me understand actual players came up with that S#&$, I really would like to know if any of these great minds actually uses there own thought up crap.

but because you cant shoot through it, combined with the small wall size makes it a very underwhelming skill.  Even without comparing it to other shield skills.  If you do compare it to other shield skills, tectonics becomes a dungbeetle skill

It is the only ability that creates a solid wall in the game. You can use it to cut off choke points and control the flow of enemies. Its not their fault that you can't see potential strategies beyond point and shoot.

It is the only ability that creates a solid wall in the game. You can use it to cut off choke points and control the flow of enemies. Its not their fault that you can't see potential strategies beyond point and shoot.

QFT

I would have loved the Tectonics augment during the last event; I used Atlas to great effect by pinning Alad into corners; even the boulder proved useful to push him into position. Kept him safe and most importantly STILL.

It's pretty good if you use it strategically, I can go without the boulder for two more.

Edited by JCBeastie

The petrify augment is really unfortunate.

It's basically DE agreeing that Petrify is so bad of an ability that they have to literally pay players to use it.

But then still not actually fixing it.

Other than petrify, everything seems either useful or gimmicky yet interesting/different enough. More or less all one can ask for.

Edited by DrFail

So heres my rundown of the augments

Atlas

Tectonics augment

So pretty much this made a bland wall ability more wall-e. I mean its great we can path block 3 places now but it still doesnt fix the problem of no real defense when it comes down to it. No matter what your gonna have to pop out from behind the wall to shoot enemies unlike volts shield which lets you stay behind it.

Petrify Augment

So I already knew this'd bomb when I first heard they decided on this in devstream. A skill which relies on a live target to reroll loot is useless. Ivaras pickpocket is a great example of this. Allies kill enemies quicker than you can petrify/pickpocket making the skill overlooked or not used.

Rumblers Augment

So the idea was supposed to be augments are "band-aids". This augment disproved that. Although the Rumbler can kill higher lvl enemies the amount of kills in reality slower since you have one single rumbler attacking instead of two at a time. And only two rumblers was already a problem. They aren't enough to take agro off yourself most of the time. They didnt do enough damage. And they died in null bubbles. Most of this is still true even with the augment. And the agro that the augment rumbler takes seems to be delayed. When I see it cast the taunt it takes maybe 5 seconds for enemies to say "hey theres a giant rock comin at me"

Equinox

Metamorphosis Augment

Ok right away 7 seconds...wtf. That time is horrible. I think a 20 second base time would be a lot nicer for it considering you have to deal with its crappy AI. Also even with max duration 20 seconds isnt even enough time to kill barely any enemies.

Rest/Rage Augment

Well I mean its nice that itll spread pretty much the same distance that you cast it but I could take the augment off and just recast it myself and have a more useful mod on.

Provoke/Pacify Augment

I have to say out of all the augment this one is just AMAZING. Having an 80% slow is so fun to use. And the str buff is just as good although 200% power str gives you 70.0000001% str buff lol. This mod is definitely worth using for Equinox.

Equinox

Metamorphosis Augment

Ok right away 7 seconds...wtf. That time is horrible. I think a 20 second base time would be a lot nicer for it considering you have to deal with its crappy AI. Also even with max duration 20 seconds isnt even enough time to kill barely any enemies.

Yep, the normal ability gives you the stats bonus for 25 seconds after transforming.

Why on earth does the summoned copy not last that long? hell it dying could be a nice extra visual indicator as well as a reason to transform again....

(again, I cannot at all understand actual players of the game came up with this crap)

It blocks hallways and outright halts enemy progress while having a substantial amount of Health. It's a fine skill. My only change would eb to have it's size be affected by power strength.

I think Tectonics also needs to have a slight opening just at the top of the wall's center. Like, having its height at the center lowered just enough for the players' crosshair to shoot over the wall while still providing ample cover. And yeah. I do agree about its size being able to be increased by power strength as it seems abit too small for cover.

Edited by Knightmare047