Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Consider The Worst Frame In The Game?

Jerakl

I don't understand why people hate Oberon so much. He does pretty great damage and has the advantage of heals. He's no top tier frame but he's not terrible. I'd say Hydroid is probably the worst. I think he's incredibly fun to post as but outside of farming which Nekros and now Atlas do better, he's not very good.

But the biggest thing to take from this thread should be that there are no inherently bad frames. Every single one has its benefits and downfalls.

It's between Zephyr and Limbo. In the case of Limbo I point it out because he is used a lot just to troll players given its restrictive game design, the concept is good the execution is just bad. Zephyr because all of her powers are very mediocre outside of Turbulence. Her first ability is decent but I wish it it could go a little further. There is no reason why her 2nd ability is not ties to her first and it's mediocre outside of impractical CC. Her 4th while cool in some regards like changing damage type and color is a bit hard to control and the damage is not impressive.

Ash: Anything he can do, other frames can do better. He is just lackluster in general.

Oberon: Same issue with Ash, but atleast Ash has some builds with arcanes and such to make him decent, Oberon has nothing going for him.

Volt: Besides speed builds for running bosses and captures, none of his builds are particularly useful in endgame.

I use to main as Oberon all the time so I'm at a loss for the hate here.

I'm rather unfond of Rino and Volt. Volt use to be my main not I just use himt to speed run missions. I don't use him because he's usful I use him because I can sort of avoid playing the game when using him on certian missions. I wouldn't actually use him if I intended to do anything serious.

Here is my list:

- Ash, because there is always a better option to pick.

- Oberon, because there is always a better option to pick. Needs rework asap.

- Wukong, never found a reason or place for him...

I'm a bit confused why I see some other frames here often:

- Chroma, guess people don't farm credits anymore...

- Hydroid, when did mod farming stop? Did Pilfering Swarm build die and I don't know about it?

- Limbo, I didn't like it at the start, but now when Sortie defense whas changed, I do use banish build to babysit that retar... target.

- Zephyr, I just love his immunity for projectiles, as +100 lvl enemies are instantly neutralised.

Edited by OneMember

My vote is limbo. Simple and easy.

If Limbo is considered balanced, i'll be glad to not see this game balanced.

My point exactly these days the most balanced frames are the weakest ones like mag or loki.

The less balanced ones like mesa chroma or the others are well what makes warframe the game we play atm.

I don't understand why people hate Oberon so much. He does pretty great damage and has the advantage of heals. He's no top tier frame but he's not terrible. I'd say Hydroid is probably the worst. I think he's incredibly fun to post as but outside of farming which Nekros and now Atlas do better, he's not very good.

But the biggest thing to take from this thread should be that there are no inherently bad frames. Every single one has its benefits and downfalls.

From what I've read so far, the reason is this: What he can do, other frames can do better.

Thats all. And for me: its an excuse. Not a reason.

The only thing I want in Oberon to change is: Hallowed Ground change from a carpet in front of him to a circunference around him.

Oberon's damage falls off very fast later on.  Hallowed Ground and Reckoning do not do nearly enough damage to compete with the likes of an M-Prime, Antimatter drop, a fully buffed chroma, Equinox Maim, ...and these are frames that are good in any situation for damage too.  His reckoning can be considered a CC, maybe, dropping health orbs...maybe.  But if you want CC, there are so many better frames.  If you want health restore, Nekros, Trinity, Equinox...they do it umpteen times better.  

Ash: Anything he can do, other frames can do better. He is just lackluster in general.

Oberon: Same issue with Ash, but atleast Ash has some builds with arcanes and such to make him decent, Oberon has nothing going for him.

Volt: Besides speed builds for running bosses and captures, none of his builds are particularly useful in endgame.

Shield spam.  Ive seen insane crits with shield spam.  Pair him with a Limbo in a T4 defense...forget it.  

Here is my list:

- Ash, because there is always a better option to pick.

- Oberon, because there is always a better option to pick. Needs rework asap.

- Wukong, never found a reason or place for him...

I'm a bit confused why I see some other frames here often:

- Chroma, guess people don't farm credits anymore...

- Hydroid, when did mod farming stop? Did Pilfering Swarm build die and I don't know about it?

- Limbo, I didn't like it at the start, but now when Sortie defense whas changed, I do use banish build to babysit that retar... target.

- Zephyr, I just love his immunity for projectiles, as +100 lvl enemies are instantly neutralised.

Im working Chroma into my rotation.  A fully buffed Fury/Scorn and you're a walking death machine one-shotting level 100s while your team is emptying entire clips.  

I really disliked playing Oberon.

Oberon

Oberon

Oberon. Just plain useless IMO. No matter how much people say he's good, he's not.

Oberon. Dont like the way he looks & don't like how he plays which is a shame because Oberon can be reworked into the God of Radiation. Vauban too only because of his skin. God he need his deluxe like asap.

Ash because of his press 4 to noob and Oberon

Maybe Oberon

Oberon's damage falls off very fast later on.  Hallowed Ground and Reckoning do not do nearly enough damage to compete with the likes of an M-Prime, Antimatter drop, a fully buffed chroma, Equinox Maim, ...and these are frames that are good in any situation for damage too.  His reckoning can be considered a CC, maybe, dropping health orbs...maybe.  But if you want CC, there are so many better frames.  If you want health restore, Nekros, Trinity, Equinox...they do it umpteen times better.  

Oberon: Why do they hate me so much daddy? *sob* I thought they would like it when I healed them with renewal. They won't even accept me for LOR....

Caterhowlett16: (In a fatherly voice)  It's not that they hate you son.... It's just that there's a frame that heals better than you do and only makes it LOOK like you suck.....

Oberon: Who's that daddy?

Trinity: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHO WANT'S ANOTHER BLESSING? WOOT WOOT 2000 HEALTH BABY!!! HAHA F**K BALANCED HEALING! IM BLESSING ALL DAY B*****S!!! SAY MA NAME!!!!

RhinoP and novaP: TRIN-I-TY! TRIN-I-TY! TRIN-I-TY! WOO!

*Oberon cries even more, Cater turns his head to the trinity drunk with power.*

Caterhowlett16:......b**ch......*turns to comfort Oberon* There there son, DE will surely rework you.

Oberon: They will daddy? Better than her?

Caterhowlett16: Of course they will... now lets go get some ice-cream. You wanna get some ice cream? 

Oberon:.......Yes please... 

Edited by CaterHowlett16

There is no such thing as bad frames, there are people who can't use them.

Oberon, Zephyr, Limbo and Wukong have their niches.

But, if you wish to know my personal taste, I tend to dislike Nezha, Limbo, Mirage and Meza, mostly due to esthetic reasons.

With how often this thread come around, I beg to differ Zephyr 1-2 are awful for most maps since there so closed in, and aside from some Corpus and Grineer tile sets, were fighting in tight corridors or holding down one spot. Mag 3 is hardly used if ever, and her 2 is only useful on target with shielding. Limbo I just don't even know about him. 

You haven't run into a trollvan i see, oh an the days of nova portals on Mesa. Fun times, fun times. :)

I have, it's just that with disarm you can make Mesa go from tanky to dead, since her damage reduction only works on projectiles. Hence why Loki is the worst.

Nezha - super delayed CC and a lousy damage shield on a squish frame? Great with naramon I guess....

Atlas - His #1 is overpowered and... that's about it. Rumblers not destructive enough for low level enemies and too weak for high level ones.

Limbo - belongs in a different game... would be good if waves were based on the clock and not the # of enemies killed.

I would say healing in general in this game needs a total rework and sadly, its going to piss off a lot of people and "break" a lot of frames and builds.  

But really, think about it...

Vazarin's ability to restore all health and shields in a second or two...

Trinity's Blessing, heals shields and health to full, with near invuln forever if you do it right.  With...infinite range?  Or at least, close to it?

Equinox's Mend will heal all warframes shields and health to full with about 3-4k mend/main points stored up.  Really, one or two kills in any level content will restore everyone's shield and health with a single click.

Its just...over kill.  For healing purposes, theres no reason to bring anything than a trinity.  And if you do, Equinox is a decent second, with the player only having to have Mend active for maybe 5 seconds in order to build up enough of a charge to heal everyone around him to 100%.  

Heals in general, aside fromhealth orbs and healing stations(mantis) over heal for a ridiculous amount, make healing in the game non-intellectual.  Needs to be re worked.

Saryn. The only generally useless one.

Surprised many people picked Oberon. He needs a lot of forma, but I've seen Oberon completely locking whole map in LoR. No other CC frames needed.

Yeah, there's a guy in my alliance who really likes him.

Wukong is close to Saryn though...

How dare you?!

Insult the Queen like that!

(just kidding, it's your opinion)

I myself don't really consider one the worst, but if I have to pick, Wukong. Because it's a frickin' monkey frame... 0_o