Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Prisma Gorgon Good?....

regularkid

Question

21 answers to this question

It's pretty good, pretty good DPS, handles well for an LMG type, and has lots of daka. It is more versatile than the other Gorgons for having better accuracy.

Not top tier but in between mid and high tier, closer to high tier. If you have the Gorgon Wraith and have the dual element mods, not worth it though since proccing Corrosive, overall, will do more actual damage.

It's pretty good, pretty good DPS, handles well for an LMG type, and has lots of daka. It is more versatile than the other Gorgons for having better accuracy.

Not top tier but in between mid and high tier, closer to high tier. If you have the Gorgon Wraith and have the dual element mods, not worth it though since proccing Corrosive, overall, will do more actual damage.

Basically this (I've used them all, I prefer Prisma over wraith though)

6 Forma'd Prisma Gorgon here. Crit build, good sustained dps, absolutely murders corpus, starts to struggle against higher level Grineer and Infested, but nothing you can't help out with some elemental damage.

It's a weapon of acquired taste, really. And, noting by the 6 forma, it definitely met my taste. I'd confidently take it to the first 2 Sorties only so long as I had a strong secondary to back myself up with.

Edited by Omni_Omega

This 6 forma version good enough for you ?

24k DPS with punch through.

It is no Soma Prime, but it is more fun as you dakka down hordes and trying to fight the recoil.

http://goo.gl/xDczov

If you don't like punch through. Remove shred.

Shift either Point Strike or Vital Send into the last V and add another damage mod.

Could be crash course or something else.

Personally I will use Hellfire since elements do better raw DPS than Impact.

Edited by fatpig84

Don't listen to the haters. It is a really solid weapon. It has better burst DPS than a Soma and is nearly as good as the Soma P. With a crit build you can get to 24K burst DPS which is pretty respectable. Is it going to get you an hour into T4? No but neither is a Soma P. Only a very few weapons in the game can do that. The only thing it loses out on to the Wraith is status chance and even then the Wraith doesn't have that great of a status chance. 

Crit Build - http://goo.gl/HSeBdW  Needs 7 forma, but if you keep HC at Rank 8 you can save yourself a forma. 

Also Crash Course isn't needed, it doesn't provide any more sheet DPS than Shred or an Element and in reality it provides less as Shred gives you the punch through and elements get extra damage against certain armor/flesh types.