Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers Vs Zenurik Focus Power

Sannidor

I went full Zenurik path and I find it underpowered against the most hated enemies of the game.

No surprise, I guess?

I wonder how other focus powers react with them? Share your experience please.

Zenurik is pretty much useless, many times I activated it and few wild Nullies appeared from the corner or below diminishing my awesome endgame power to panic button refilling shields.

Seriously, considering time needed to reach focus it should not be s&*$ on by Nullifiers often spawning in groups on higher levels. 

The inconsistency of what can be interrupted/ stopped/ jammed by specific enemies when clashed with focus abilities needs another revision.

zenurik has Energy Overflo + Mastery (+ if u really want, u can take Allies energy orbs), everything else is completely not worth the time or cooldown increase.

In 2 months time never a thought crossed my mind "jee, i wish i had X from Zenurik to make my life easier". (maaaaaaaybe survial sortie with sniper and umbra void, but its like a 2 time use stuff and not that good in terms of ticks/dps). 

Zenurik has energy overflow and Mastery for me, everything else is just not worth it :/ 

Cooldown can dramatically be reduced.

75 seconds is not that "dramatically", unless you use only the original ability, which is not that powerful on its own (and doesn't even work on nullifiers). If you stack a few passives or other effects, 75 seconds is not that much, it doesn't even cancel out two extra effects completely. It still would be a power for emergency situations, like it should be. And emergency powers should affect all types of enemies (except bosses)

Now the actual balance of powers is a different topic. I agree that a lot of focus powers seem quite a bit lacking, while others are straight OP, but that's a completely separate topic.

Lore and mechanics wise, the nullifiers block tenno powers. I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now.

I care about fair and interesting game mechanics more than about interpretations of lore.

Nullies existed before focus so there should be a consistency about their mechanics but on the other hand: NEW AWESOME POWER A KID JUMPED OUT OF MY BACK OMG SPACE MAGIC! And if it damages it should vaporize, if it controls it should paralyze rock solid etc. Final force spasm of creepy cosmic teenager rage should be OP - once per mission or with bigger cooldown. We were promised focus greater than any other tenno powers, not something comparable to single Nova's 4 press but weaker.

Otherwise it's ruins of a castle, built on ruins of a haunted castle full of creeping level 80 Nullifier eximus squads.

Lore and mechanics wise, the nullifiers block tenno powers. I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now.

Lore is not a good reason to justify this, because lore would dictate that sentients wouldn't be able to adapt to older, non tech focused weaponry like simple blades and ballistic weaponry, and limbo should  be to sentients death incanrnate and kill them off with ease by simply dumping them into the void and killing them at will.  Lore would also dictate that we have to destroy their cores to kill them at all which is not the case. The entire lore and point of the conclave was to prepare for fights with sentients and it doesn't even matter in the end.

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7