The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Are We Gonna Get Opposite Gender Warframes!?

Barrett_Linwei8

I really want there to be an option on the Gender of Warframe you want to play as

Why are there bo Opposite Genders yet DE!?

Are you even working on that

Female Ash is literally what most people want right about now!

Can you please work on that!

All you're doing is reshaping the body, adding slight new features and implamenting it back into the game

That is a bit odd request.

Warframes are own being, not just suits.

We can't gender swap Lotus and give him ObiWanKenobi look even if part of us would like it.

Personally i think the idea is horrible, but cant judge others vission of fun (too much).

Edited by felixsylvaris

Never. DE has stated it clearly.

The question is: when are you people going to stop asking for it?

IT. IS. NOT. HAPPENING.

Okay, well fist of all you need to calm the f*** down, how the h*** am i suppose to know that! Huh!?

When did they say that cause i clearly wasn't present

You think everyone is alwayse up to date on Warframe 24/7 365!?

Dude!

Also, never!? What a shame

The closest you'll ever get to gender bent warframes is Nyx, which first started as a female version of Excalibur. You can still see the base body is the same as Excal.

But yeah, DE has previously stated that they will never consider adding gender swapping to frames.

they stated years ago that if they're gonna do it they're gonna change up the abilities a bit. This alone is why there arent going to be gender swaps. The effort to remake all the frames is counter productive to making and balancing new content (frames). Besides Operators.

The closest you'll ever get to gender bent warframes is Nyx, which first started as a female version of Excalibur. You can still see the base body is the same as Excal.

But yeah, DE has previously stated that they will never consider adding gender swapping to frames.

Actually, yeah thats true about Nyx

But now that i think about it Nezha is the most feminine looking male in the game thus far, but that obviously comes from the appeal and lore of Nezha in general

Okay, well fist of all you need to calm the f*** down, how the h*** am i suppose to know that! Huh!?

I am perfectly calm ;-)

I am, however, perfectly incisive - and I do not hesitate from using emphasis if it can give a turn to the discussion.

Also, never!? What a shame

We could discuss. I do not think it's a shame. You do. I respect that.

It is well-known that DE might do male/female alternative frames on same themes. For instance, Nezha is a male fire-based frame, and Ember is a female fire-based frame. Thematically similar, although visually and mechanically totally different.

It is possible that we'll get more of them as time goes by. A female ice-user, a female paladin, a male poison-user, and so on. A female Rift-user (ok, just kidding, put away the pitchforks...).

I personally think it's better that way.

We could discuss. I do not think it's a shame. You do. I respect that.

It is well-known that DE might do male/female alternative frames on same themes. For instance, Nezha is a male fire-based frame, and Ember is a female fire-based frame. Thematically similar, although visually and mechanically totally different.

It is possible that we'll get more of them as time goes by. A female ice-user, a female paladin, a male poison-user, and so on. A female Rift-user (ok, just kidding, put away the pitchforks...).

I personally think it's better that way.

Now that would make sense. Still it sucks that i'll never play a female Ash (have you seen that female Ash picture?) I'd love to play as her

Edited by Barrett_Linwei8

It's not a good idea for development. It would slow development on new features because devs would spend time duplicating every warframe both existing and future. This may include new animations along with the new model.

Also this isn't even considering other possible problems, like aesthetics only looking good for one variant, and possible resources and crafting required to craft the second variant.

Just deal with it. Each warframe has a personality. If a warframe has a personality you like but you are somehow afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone to play it because of gender, you either adjust or choose another character. The way the developers have shaped the storyline, there's no reason to question how the player can choose different warframes of any and all kinds.

It's not a good idea for development. It would slow development on new features because devs would spend time duplicating every warframe both existing and future. This may include new animations along with the new model.

Also this isn't even considering other possible problems, like aesthetics only looking good for one variant, and possible resources and crafting required to craft the second variant.

Just deal with it. Each warframe has a personality. If a warframe has a personality you like but you are somehow afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone to play it because of gender, you either adjust or choose another character. The way the developers have shaped the storyline, there's no reason to question how the player can choose different warframes of any and all kinds.

Once again. Already informed ^_^

I think the OP already got the message. Don't know if this shouldn't be locked, not for preventing discussion, but simply because there really is nothing else to add but salt.

Also, funny how we say "opposite genders" as if feminine and masculine were, more than different, opposed, instead of simply different. And even that is debatable, depending on whether you truly mean gender, or if you mean sex. Not judging, just giving a bit of food for thought. Also, I have no interested on discussing this here, so if anyone has the desire to do so... Don't.

sorry for my english...

I like that there are people who think like you, who think about having more variety to the game, imagine all the satisfaction that would bring this option to change genres, actually it's not complicated, whatever they say, even the female warframes use the a predetermined animations of excalibur and there is no excuse to say that it is impossible to create an alternative model, because they are doing a loot of them with those skins, why not implement the same system for gender?

I am working in a lot of 3D stuffs alone, doing models and animations, even sounds from myself, and there is not a real "HARD" work, even in programation, when you have a loot of logic bricks in the same engine, so, is a real shame, see the poor effort in complete these empty space in warframe, they are just adding a LOOT of things, and that is GOOD, but they ignore a loot of little things that can make the game less  monotonous and repetitive...

I think the game will not live too much time, they are running out of ideas for news warframes, some of them are too bizarre, even the enemies, and they are going out of the logic of the game...

ignore this variation, is a real mistake.. but it's their game...

"..CMON, LETS ADD PARKOUR AND FILL THE GAME WITH CORRIDORS WHERE PLAYER JUST CAN RUN, ITS BETTER THAN REWORK THE ENEMY IA AND THE WARFRAMES OR THE ANIMATIONS AND KINDS OF WEAPONS LETS COPY AND PASTE GUYS COPY AND PASTE... HAHAHA..ha..ha..."

before of the second dream patch i made this, for genders...

http://i.imgur.com/9f1Hsny.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eZ9XRFU.jpg

Edited by exerth

Okay you people need to SHUT UP now, how many times do i have to say I GOT THE MESSAGE ALREADY!!!!!!

I think the OP already got the message. Don't know if this shouldn't be locked, not for preventing discussion, but simply because there really is nothing else to add but salt.

Also, funny how we say "opposite genders" as if feminine and masculine were, more than different, opposed, instead of simply different. And even that is debatable, depending on whether you truly mean gender, or if you mean sex. Not judging, just giving a bit of food for thought. Also, I have no interested on discussing this here, so if anyone has the desire to do so... Don't.

Please help me, i want to lock this so people can stop commenting what i already know DX