The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursas In Normal Corpus Missions.

Mephiste

Welp guess I'm about done soloing Corpus missions now.

Bursas spawning one after the other, Sometimes even 2 Bursas at the same time makes solo Corpus missions absolutely unplayable.

Remove the Bursas. 

Or at least disable the spawn in solo instances/normal Corpus missions.

Combas are enough. Having Combas spawn ontop of 2 Bursas knocking you down constantly is just bullS#&$.

I'll just go back to Grineer missions until this issue is resolved.

Was helping a clanmate do a Corpus exterminate mission the other day and the Bursa spawns were so real.

Then again, we were all also goofing around as a three man bird squad (all of us on Zephyr) and that probably didn't help us at all. The main issue was that once a couple of Bursa spawned, it was impossible to deal with the regular Corpus. And as long as there were regular Corpus, we could only keep the alarms de-activated for so long before the alarms were activated again and more Bursa would spawn.

The extermination counter just kept steadily rising by two or three at a time and we just couldn't kill them fast enough. That was an abysmal fail. 

We repeated the mission properly afterwards and had very little issue, between Valkyr and Loki P, but yeah. Bursas can make missions infinitely difficult even if you're in a cell or can even make the mission outright impossible to complete, as per the example above with the infinitely scaling Exterminate (though admittedly the whole "bird squad" thing we did for shiggles did not help whatsoever and was a choice we all came to regret.)

Was helping a clanmate do a Corpus exterminate mission the other day and the Bursa spawns were so real.

Then again, we were all also goofing around as a three man bird squad (all of us on Zephyr) and that probably didn't help us at all. The main issue was that once a couple of Bursa spawned, it was impossible to deal with the regular Corpus. And as long as there were regular Corpus, we could only keep the alarms de-activated for so long before the alarms were activated again and more Bursa would spawn.

The extermination counter just kept steadily rising by two or three at a time and we just couldn't kill them fast enough. That was an abysmal fail. 

We repeated the mission properly afterwards and had very little issue, between Valkyr and Loki P, but yeah. Bursas can make missions infinitely difficult even if you're in a cell or can even make the mission outright impossible to complete, as per the example above with the infinitely scaling Exterminate (though admittedly the whole "bird squad" thing we did for shiggles did not help whatsoever and was a choice we all came to regret.)

Especially when I was going at it with my Excalibur. I just got infini-stomped and destroyed.

They really need to remove the Bursas from the normal Corpus missions. They can however keep them in Boss areas, where it would make sense.

Hell, I'd love if the Razorback became an actual boss!

And before anyone goes with the: "Oh go with X Warframe and X Weapon" No.

Has the game's meta become THIS narrow that we can't even use whichever Warframe we want when doing SOLO missions?? Come on.

Guess I should brush the dust off my Exilus Adapters and place Handspring on all corpus builds.

But yeah, knockdowns in general are horse manure.

I wonder though, what if the Bursa can, and has a tendency to friendly fire, including the shock wave? Like at the moment, shock waves don't affect friendlies. Maybe if a Corpus enemy accidentally shoots the Bursa, it'll fire back. It would also give the Bursa bit of a character, an unstoppable force-ish like Tanks in L4D, instead of just a tanky Shock Wave Moa that poops out null bubbles.

They really need to remove the Bursas from the normal Corpus missions. They can however keep them in Boss areas, where it would make sense.

Hell, I'd love if the Razorback became an actual boss!

I would find Razorback infinitely more fun if I didn't feel like the Bursa AI was intentionally stupid for the duration of that fight. Razorback is the size of a house, Bursa, how did you miss shooting it? Please come out from behind the pillar, Bursa. Will you please not stand underneath Razorback, Bursa, because you can't shoot him from there.

Honestly the knowledge that you can ST Bursas makes me want to take a Loki just so I can position them myself and not have to rely on their pathing and even then.

And before anyone goes with the: "Oh go with X Warframe and X Weapon" No.

Has the game's meta become THIS narrow that we can't even use whichever Warframe we want when doing SOLO missions?? Come on.

I feel like the advice of X Warframe with X weapon works well for people wanting to solo things like bosses (i.e. Razorback.)

But as somebody who wants to farm Razorback and has also only been in game for less than a month I don't have all the mods or weapons I need to farm that nonsense, and I'm always cynical about PUG teams. Alas if only I wasn't so anti-social.

But yeah, the X Warframe with X weapon meta is awful for new players who are old enough to the game to be able to play competently in this kind of content but aren't old enough to the game to have all of the weapons or mods that are generally needed for the mentioned metas. Sadpanda.

Maybe just reduce number of Bursas to 2? I love how they appear after the alarm has been rang..

And the fact that you can hack them into your ally for a few seconds is.. awesome, I love it

One should be enough, More than enough. 

Bursas are, i'm sure, supposed to be fought with a group ( Hence why there's an isolator one ) so having them spawn in a solo mission is pretty harsh.

I would find Razorback infinitely more fun if I didn't feel like the Bursa AI was intentionally stupid for the duration of that fight. Razorback is the size of a house, Bursa, how did you miss shooting it? Please come out from behind the pillar, Bursa. Will you please not stand underneath Razorback, Bursa, because you can't shoot him from there.

Honestly the knowledge that you can ST Bursas makes me want to take a Loki just so I can position them myself and not have to rely on their pathing and even then.

I feel like the advice of X Warframe with X weapon works well for people wanting to solo things like bosses (i.e. Razorback.)

But as somebody who wants to farm Razorback and has also only been in game for less than a month I don't have all the mods or weapons I need to farm that nonsense, and I'm always cynical about PUG teams. Alas if only I wasn't so anti-social.

But yeah, the X Warframe with X weapon meta is awful for new players who are old enough to the game to be able to play competently in this kind of content but aren't old enough to the game to have all of the weapons or mods that are generally needed for the mentioned metas. Sadpanda.

I am 200% with specific Warframes working for specific bosses! It makes sense.

But having to play just a few OP Warframes in every Mid to high level Corpus missions JUST because of the Bursas, that's just stupid, really really stupid.

I am 200% with specific Warframes working for specific bosses! It makes sense.

But having to play just a few OP Warframes in every Mid to high level Corpus missions JUST because of the Bursas, that's just stupid, really really stupid.

Aight, yeah. I can agree with that one; having an enemy demand a specific warframe with a specific set-up that isn't a boss or some kind of specific event mission is incredibly dumb. Don't give me all these warframes if you're going to tell me that I can't and shouldn't use half of them for the game content. Although I do enjoy the fact certain warframes excel at certain things and make them more appealing for certain mission types, mind you. But specific enemies? Ew.

i honestly hope this isnt a bug and that the bursas are here to stay....it will really make the price of astral twilight and tempo royal go down to proper prices...as of this post im doing an exterminate on Neptune....and as long as the alarm is going bursas are spawning, about once every 2 minutes or so.

i honestly hope this isnt a bug and that the bursas are here to stay....it will really make the price of astral twilight and tempo royal go down to proper prices...as of this post im doing an exterminate on Neptune....and as long as the alarm is going bursas are spawning, about once every 2 minutes or so.

It becomes less fun when the Bursa spawn in pairs every thirty seconds to a minute instead of once every couple of minutes. Because instead of having four Bursa in eight minutes (based on 1 Bursa for every 2 minutes the alarm is on,) in the same amount of time you have anywhere between eight to fourteen (based on roughly 2 Bursa every minute, which is the spawn rate I experienced a couple of times.)

Trust me when the Bursa spawns are really real you are never going to stand up ever again and you'll be flashbanged every other minute. It's not so fun then.

bursas in normal corpus missions from low to high should be there to stay, it should've been from they first were introduced in the game. I like the fact they appear randomly just like manics and its a bit of fresh air tbh.

players cry for a challenge>> De gives a little flavor to this demand>. players reacts unjustly.

I don't always side with every decisions De makes but this one has my 100% support. not only is it nice to combat these but it also gives the new players a chance at the stances they drop that was limited in past tac alerts.

I also think that these added will further improve a player's  skill with whatever frame they choose to use to combat these at time to time enriching their gaming experience overall.

boss+ demi bosses = a fun challenge.

bursas in normal corpus missions from low to high should be there to stay, it should've been from they first were introduced in the game. I like the fact they appear randomly just like manics and its a bit of fresh air tbh.

players cry for a challenge>> De gives a little flavor to this demand>. players reacts unjustly.

I don't always side with every decisions De makes but this one has my 100% support. not only is it nice to combat these but it also gives the new players a chance at the stances they drop that was limited in past tac alerts.

I also think that these added will further improve a player's  skill with whatever frame they choose to use to combat these at time to time enriching their gaming experience overall.

boss+ demi bosses = a fun challenge.

"A fun challenge"

> Knocked down 24/7 while Combas F*** you up.

Sure, keep the Bursas. But keep them AWAY FROM NON-ASSASSINATION LEVELS.

And you're talking about "Skill with whatever frame." Unless you have a frame that immune to knockdown ( Or just use handspring, but who wants to do that am I right? ) then you're in for a real beating. And that brings the whole thing back to the Meta being absolute garbage.

Just because you want to farm plat doesn't mean I should be deprived of a fun solo experience in Warframe.

Edited by Mephiste

It becomes less fun when the Bursa spawn in pairs every thirty seconds to a minute instead of once every couple of minutes. Because instead of having four Bursa in eight minutes (based on 1 Bursa for every 2 minutes the alarm is on,) in the same amount of time you have anywhere between eight to fourteen (based on roughly 2 Bursa every minute, which is the spawn rate I experienced a couple of times.)

Trust me when the Bursa spawns are really real you are never going to stand up ever again and you'll be flashbanged every other minute. It's not so fun then.

By the time you manage to kill one Bursa, There's another one slamming your head into the ground and taking your lunch money.

im not doing it for plat...i myself STILL dont have either stance.....and having the bursas in-game WILL lower the cost of them as a result.

That's fine and dandy, But for the love of God, reduce their spawn rate and make them spawn in Assassination missions only.

That's fine and dandy, But for the love of God, reduce their spawn rate and make them spawn in Assassination missions only.

im fine with reducing their spawn rate.....but locking them down to MISSIONTYPE is NOT the answer....if they DID do that it should be Spy/deception/sabotage

And you're talking about "Skill with whatever frame." Unless you have a frame that immune to knockdown ( Or just use handspring, but who wants to do that am I right? ) then you're in for a real beating. And that brings the whole thing back to the Meta being absolute garbage.

That's not true, any frame with CC abilities will take care of them comfortably. Did you start the game with Excalibur? He can easily deal with them.

Edited by Zilchy

after doing a few Neptune exterminates I've come across A) if you leave the alarm going after killing every npc, the bursas will continue to spawn WITH scaling AND reinforcements B) Never ending mission until you shut the alarm off and defeat a few enemies as the counter WILL continue to rise....oh and 9 times out of ten the reinforcements had a null comba/scrumba.....POS enemies that SHOULD NOT exist due to nullifiers already being in game.

Edited by xcynderx

"A fun challenge"

> Knocked down 24/7 while Combas F*** you up.

Sure, keep the Bursas. But keep them AWAY FROM NON-ASSASSINATION LEVELS.

Or...

Just jump.

Bursa's need some tweaks.  First, I don't think constantly popping in while the alarm is active is how they're supposed to work in normal missions.  That sounds like event coding bleeding into the normal game.  I imagine DE intended for the Bursas to show up only once, maybe twice per mission like Manics or the Juggernaut.

Second, they need only two nerfs:

One, they need to take extra damage from the back.  They're super tanky even when attacked from their rear flank.  Newbies are gonna get wrecked even when the planets align.

Second: every Bursa either needs to -

>Turn much more slowly

>Or deploy and undeploy their shields more slowly (and turn or move slowly while deployed).

>Or spend more time dedicated to their attacks.  

The drover Bursa already has #3 covered for one attack, as its mortar barrage locks it into an animation and facing that gives a player ample time to maneuver around it.  The other(s?) is/are busy dropping flashbangs, grappling hooks, and ground slams while leaving little room for flanking behind them, and they turn instantaneously even while deployed.  Any frame should be able to combat them, frames with the proper CC just having an advantage.  One shouldn't be required to drop a radial blind just to give themselves time to hit a Bursa on its flank.

Right now, the Bursa is running circles around every other Moa and taking more damage than Heavy Grineer 15-20 levels above it.  It's a fun enemy that comes across as poorly designed because counter-play isn't rewarded.  A majority of my Bursa kills come from shooting it from behind while its pathing is all wonky.

Edited by Littleman88

Bursa's need some tweaks.  First, I don't think constantly popping in while the alarm is active is how they're supposed to work in normal missions.  That sounds like event coding bleeding into the normal game.  I imagine DE intended for the Bursas to show up only once, maybe twice per mission like Manics or the Juggernaut.

Second, they need only two nerfs:

One, they need to take extra damage from the back.  They're super tanky even when attacked from their rear flank.  Newbies are gonna get wrecked even when the planets align.

Second: every Bursa either needs to -

>Turn much more slowly

>Or deploy and undeploy their shields more slowly (and turn or move slowly while deployed).

>Or spend more time dedicated to their attacks.  

The drover Bursa already has #3 covered for one attack, as its mortar barrage locks it into an animation and facing that gives a player ample time to maneuver around it.  The other(s?) is/are busy dropping flashbangs, grappling hooks, and ground slams while leaving little room for flanking behind them, and they turn instantaneously even while deployed.  Any frame should be able to combat them, frames with the proper CC just having an advantage.  One shouldn't be required to drop a radial blind just to give themselves time to hit a Bursa on its flank.

Right now, the Bursa is running circles around every other Moa and taking more damage than Heavy Grineer 15-20 levels above it.  It's a fun enemy that comes across as poorly designed because counter-play isn't rewarded.  A majority of my Bursa kills come from shooting it from behind while its pathing is all wonky.

They do need a good ol' nerf. Because level 15 Bursas are tanky enough. They spawn at level 36 on Neptune and It just makes me want to bite my Marelok's barrel and pull the trigger.

after doing a few Neptune exterminates I've come across A) if you leave the alarm going after killing every npc, the bursas will continue to spawn WITH scaling AND reinforcements B) Never ending mission until you shut the alarm off and defeat a few enemies as the counter WILL continue to rise....oh and 9 times out of ten the reinforcements had a null comba/scrumba.....POS enemies that SHOULD NOT exist due to nullifiers already being in game.

Bursas ontop of Nullifiers really @(*()$ hurts.

Kill the dang cameras and they wont even spawn. That was the original intent of the game anyway, we're ninja's after all. We aren't suppoed to be seen by every camera that we pass by. 

This promotes good playing in the long run. I really think they are a fantastic deterrant. Plus they drop some amazing mods for the "hassle".