The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spira V Spira Prime

(PSN)Screwloose88x

Question

Is this an actual upgrade?

The 1 and only thing the spira has over the hikou is critical damage.

Giving the prime only 15% crit chance is completely and utterly stupid imo.

Atleast there was an argument for using the spira over hikou, But looking at the spira prime. they look somewhere more between the Hikou prime and normal spira.

I havnt got them yet, so maybe im posting this too early. But for me it clearly looks like a mess already. i hope im wrong, or i hope they get a boost to atleast 20%.

25 answers to this question

Spira Prime is far worse: less base damage and less crit than normal Spira. The only stats where the Spira Prime wins is on magazine (12vs10), fire rate (3.3vs2.2) and reload (0.75vs1.0) stats that it doesn't even matter when comes to the actual Spira. 

Spira P is far worse in every aspect.

Spira Prime is far worse: less base damage and less crit than normal Spira. The only stats where the Spira Prime wins is on magazine (12vs10), fire rate (3.3vs2.2) and reload (0.75vs1.0) stats that it doesn't even matter when comes to the actual Spira. 

THIS! DE needs to really take a new look at the "Spira" Prime they aren't even good enough to be considered a side grade. just a down grade in all

Also crit potential as far as I observed.

I have saw some pretty professional calculations on reddit about the DPS of Spira & Spira Prime.

And to put it short, Spira Prime is still inferior than Spira, even modded for crit.

DE need to seriously look at it now, at least give it some more buff, or else it's completely a mastery fodder that no one uses.

Anyone calculate the dps of both?

Spira: 55*1.25*(2.0-1)*10/(10/2.5+1)=137.5

Spira Prime: 47*1.15*(2.0-1)*12/(12/3.33+0.75)=148.98

Higher Status potencially increase dps on SP.

Kunai Prime.

The fun fact is that it was just +2 magazine, -0.25s on reload, +5% status that would be nice weapon and everything.

Edited by felixsylvaris

Kunai Prime.

The fun fact is that it was just +2 magazine, -0.25s on reload, +5% status that would be nice weapon and everything.

You're quite right in there, it's Kunai Prime. I also, have some notes on the calculation:

Spira P has 15% Crit Chance saying that, with a P Pistol Gambit you archive only 43.05% chance to crit versus the regular Spira that archives a 71.75% with just P Pistol Gambit and can Red Crit with Hydraulic Crossairs. All of this means that, even the larger clip size, fire rate and reload, it can't out damage the normal Spira in sustained Crit Damage, in the other hand Status: Spira P with the multishot mods + 2 dual elemental mods archive the 50% status versus the same build on regular Spira with an 27.8% status meaning that Spira P has better Status sustained damage.

All said, Spira P it's Kunai Prime cuz' the Spira it's all about the Crit Damage and was unique in his weapon category, not the Status like the Hikou P or base Damage like the Despair (even in that, the regular Spira seems to have the upper hand).

Kunai Prime.

You ignored ammo efficiency, headshot crit damage, potential crit chance, potential firerate, potential everything when modded.

Also... look at your math *(2.0-1)

What... is... this...? Are you timing that by 1? since *(2-1) = *1...

other than that, you're right.

DE, plz buff dis. At least make the crit and damage the same as normal Spira.

dis is not Spira Prime, dis is Kunai Prime ;-;

Not sure it makes a big diff but Spira prime has the same mechanic as Bolton prime in that it rag dolls corpses backwards causing damage. That mechanic is what pushes Bolton prime into the top 5 tier primary list.

It makes a bit difference, but not a big difference at all.

Edited by qwaszx12

Spira prime should be like have 30% or 35% Crit chance cuz its a (fukin) prime if this spira is still 15% crit chance ill just take the exp then sold it better i forma normal spira 6 time then spira prime if the chance is still suck. DE pls BUFF IT LIKE A TEENO !