Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They stole my art! Again.

VexPrime

Greeting fellow Tenno.

You may remember me from this art theft thread

Well. This happened again. This time, I found my art on chinese market site (no ads). Just look at that.

I6sA9cR.jpg

And here's a link to that picture on MY deviantart http://marshallvex.deviantart.com/art/Prime-warframes-chibi-family-507805376

I'm sad about it.

P.S: there's also Yuikami's, RedSkittlez's and other's art stolen as well.

Edited by VexPrime
mistake

Why so Vex, Prime? >.> 

You can give support a try and see what will come out of it... Good luck buddy! 

See China or just Asia work under different rules that we're use to and it's very difficult to stop or even try to sue them, sadly. The same goes for inventions that require patents and dozens of agents to control/policing them.

So on websites like redbubble this sort of thing happens all the time. Basically, they don't monitor who uploads what. However, in that case, if a copyright holder became aware of the theft, they could issue a takedown notice, and redbubble would usually comply and remove the shirt from their website. I'm not sure if such an option is available for this website, but it might be worth looking into.

Contact; support, community managers, possibly Steve (just cause). These contacts would help more then the forums.

If you do intend to inform the community of this problem, then post this thread anywhere but off-topic. It's quite a large problem between the community and developers, not a subject that can be ignored.

Edited by Postal_pat

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

I don't want that guy, but the Art work doesn't technically belong to you. If you read the EULA, it belongs to Digital Extremes, you can complain and report them, but it won't do much. Sorry :/

I think the EULA is referring to original artwork by the developers, not fan art. Actual confirmation could be given to prove/disprove this, but who knows.

Edited by Spot.

I had a friend of mine suffer this kind of thievery behavior, like you, he also uploaded his stuff to deviantArt until this happen. He still uploads the resources to deviantArt but instead of uploading the transparent image he started adding complex backgrounds and watermarks (Let deviantArt add the Watermark or add it yourself).

Never heard of any other problems, it's boring to cut renders with the pen tool and more to fix a watermark. Yes, you won't be able to combat those who want to pen tool the shape and re-do it themselves but at least you added one layer of boredom to the process of stealing such artwork.

Sad to see that people do this kind of things and i hope it never happens again.

11 hours ago, Spot. said:

I think the EULA is referring to original artwork by the developers, not fan art. Actual confirmation could be given to prove/disprove this, but who knows.

Nah, its anything that is heavy Warframe related. If they are posted on forums, it becomes Digital Extremes property