The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Mara detron worth it?

FrankeyStein

Question

10 answers to this question

It depends how you use it.

It's really devastating to the Grineer (And some void enemies) units, and slightly more effective against corpus machinery. I've had it for some time, and the clip size and fire-rate increase was really nice for the Detron.

It is quite effective... with investment of forma.

Although, what you should do is buy it, and play around with it. You'll find out for yourself if you find worth in it or not.

1 hour ago, FrankeyStein said:

Hey guys, how is the Mara detron, is it worth to get it from baro or just another weapon to get some mastery from?

Thanks!

Corpus Brakk w/ base Radiation as Damage. It's a Grineer Killer when modded properly.

One of the older, but better weapons in the game, imo. Has a pretty fast fire rate, and a pretty good damage output when forma'd. If you have primed Heated Charge, that'll help immensely w/ the radiation. As for the usual build, mod your second element towards either Viral or Corrosive, as it's best against the grineer. I dont use mine much since i got the brakk a long while ago, but it's still a good weapon.

The Mara Detron is an excellent weapon. However, whether you should spend all those ducats comes down to whether you feel it is your style. I suggest watching some youtube videos of it in action to see if its really something you want to play with. 

If you forma it to its full potential it can totally be end game material. Very nice anti-grineer weapon as some have said. But if you like the feel/aesthetic of it, then absolutely. It can definitely be formae'd to be an awesome gun. 

It is a fair weapon.

For one, it is very easy to build, for it is basically a Radiation Shotgun, and when yu put Corrosive on it, it becomes very Anti Grineer.

I guess if yu consider the reload time and fire rate with all Multishots on, it becomes pretty devastating at taking out clumps of Grineer.

18 hours ago, FrankeyStein said:

Hey guys, how is the Mara detron, is it worth to get it from baro or just another weapon to get some mastery from?

Thanks!

Only for MR. I got one and thought "Oh boy, a laser-shotgun! Dis gon' be gud!"

Well.....no...

Unless you get a headshot, it can't even 2-hit-kill a level 2 grineer (we're talkin' 'bout the Detron WITHOUT mods). And the range is like....I don't know....30 cm? It's like the Skana of the secondaries - looks good, short range, average speed, and like no damage at all and not worth putting a potato in it.

Edited by o0Despair0o
Forgot a word <-<

Well it's definitely one of 3 best handheld shotguns in game. Not big competition I know. Overall above average gun and if you like it's style, usable choice. There are many guns that I use because I like their mechanics even though I don't find them particularly efficient, it's not like we're playing sorties whole the time. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

6 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Only for MR. I got one and thought "Oh boy, a laser-shotgun! Dis gon' be gud!"

Well.....no...

Unless you get a headshot, it can't even 2-hit-kill a level 2 grineer (we're talkin' 'bout the Detron WITHOUT mods). And the range is like....I don't know....30 cm? It's like the Skana of the secondaries - looks good, short range, average speed, and like no damage at all and not worth putting a potato in it.

It's a respectable Secondary.

It is very useful for smacking groups of enemies, and no one tries to snipe with a shotgun, so it is no problem.

Pick up the Mara Detron, then go Chroma and solo some Void.

Be amazed, cos properly built, each Pellet does ridiculous amount of damage, and they crit occasionally.

Edited by YasaiTsume