The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE, don't attempt Syndicate Melee with too high MR lock....

PrVonTuckIII

7 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Secondary is MR 8, Primary is 12, so Melee should be 16

This.

And make them top-tier, too, so that we would have a definitive answer (other than "bring Ash/Valk/Atlas") to Melee-only sorties. 

500 base damage Vaykor Jat Kittag, or Rakta Heat Sword with 120+ base damage and 25% crit, anyone?

While I'd like it to be locked behind a mastery rank, anything beyond twelve is completely unreasonable unless these Syndicate melees are BROUGHT BY THE GODS THEMSELVES TO RID THIS UNIVERSE OF THE ANCIENT HORROR THAT LURKS BEYOND THE SOLAR SYSTEM IN THE NEVER ENDING DARKNESS OF THE UNIVERSE.

1 minute ago, Skycook3y said:

While I'd like it to be locked behind a mastery rank, anything beyond twelve is completely unreasonable unless these Syndicate melees are BROUGHT BY THE GODS THEMSELVES TO RID THIS UNIVERSE OF THE ANCIENT HORROR THAT LURKS BEYOND THE SOLAR SYSTEM IN THE NEVER ENDING DARKNESS OF THE UNIVERSE.

I like where your heads at...

...that being said, lock them behind MR16. :)

1 hour ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Because they're elitists who want to feel special by having stuff that seems exclusive. That's the only reason these people want these weapons locked behind high mastery rank. These are the same people that will try to tell you that MR is an indicator of skill.

That's ridiculous. MR requirements should reflect the relative strength of the gear they unlock. That way you give players goals to work towards and have a gear progression system besides leveling mods. Asking for a system like that has absolutely nothing to do with elitism.

Edited by SilentCircle

I don't even know why they bother with MR walling anything. It really doesn't make sense the way they have it setup. The Hek is one of the best shotguns in the game and it's MR 4 along with the Miter which is garbage. The Embolist is MR 8 while the Vaykor Marelok is MR 6? The Supra and Lanka are MR 7 while the Tonkor is MR 5? The Dragon Nikana is MR 8 while the broken war is MR3 and Nikana prime is MR4 ?  Spira is MR1 while the hikou and Kunai are MR2? 

There is no correlation between power of the weapon and MR lock. 

1 minute ago, 3thereal said:

There is no correlation between power of the weapon and MR lock. 

That's because the MR systems clashes with DE's business model. On the one hand you release shiny new & powerful gear that everybody is hyped for and on the other hand you restrict newer or casual players from buying it with high MR requirements. I remember when this topic was last brought up in a dev stream, Sheldon immediately asked what the average MR rank of the player base was.

Just now, CaterHowlett16 said:

True, but lets face it: the majority is going to play draco to rank up 

Then that is on them, if people don't don't want to play draco, they don't have to. When people start whining that the only way to get MR is draco it annoys me, since it is completely untrue

I really hope they locked it at MR21, I mean us seasoned players need to feel more important than you dirty casuals i mean come on MR16 is like achievable in 15days. Pffts! Its not that hard, pick up weapon level weapon. repeat until your a god like us high level MR's. 

PS - im joking, MR locks are S#&$ty. 

Yes it sould be no less than 18mr - it would give ppl more reasons to try new equipments.

I myself was focused on 2-3 frames before i decide i want higher MR. And i had a blast with many weps and frames. MR is about experience.

Oh and the first weapon i lvled on draco was Mios - su i needed defiled snapdragon. Rest was lvled while normal playing....

Well then...

1. Syndicate secondries are available at MR6 not 8 as someone in this thread erronously stated

2. MR is not hard to get. Without touching Draco to powerlevel, its possible to get MR 12 in only a few months, and MR 16-18 in only a few more months. STOP LEVELLING ON MERCURY. Get the junk weapons you know you wont like out of the way, sell them as soon as they are levelled so they don't take up weapon slots.

3. Since syndicate secondaries are MR6, and primaries MR12, then an MR9 lock would be sensible IMHO.

You do realize that they (melee) will be pretty monster-ish? Tenno who already use melee, can see why pretty fast - beside getting the proxy trigger (which would happen a lot), we have the focus system and arcanes to up the damage. An gating is required. Something around MR 10, would be fine in my opinion. 

Edited by phoenix1992

53 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

You can't kill an elder god. Didn't you see the ending of mortal Kombat X? 

(Maybe posting shinnok's severed head would not be a good idea so look it up)

THEN GET ME THE THING THAT CAN GET THE CLOSEST TO KILLING ONE

OR AT LEAST GET ME SOMETHING THAT MESSES UP SOME GREAT OLD ONES

20 minutes ago, Dextral said:

I really hope they locked it at MR32, I mean us seasoned players need to feel more important than you dirty casuals i mean come on MR30 is like achievable in 15days. Pffts! Its not that hard, pick up weapon level weapon. repeat until your a god like us high level MR's. 

FTFY

Edited by Skycook3y
Censored myself because the auto-censor isn't working and I don't like warning points

56 minutes ago, Herosupport said:

DE please lock the Vaykor Jat kittag, Tellos boltace, Synoid Lacera, Secura Serro, Rakta Venka,  Sancti Redeemer behind the MR 12 wall please.

I don't approve that weapon choice. Somewhy I think that syndicate weapons were supposed to provide new look to a bit of forgotten weaponry or, at least, be a weapon that isnt fresh.

So my own choice of weapons is: Vaykor Amfis, Telos Magistair, Synoid Lecta, Rakta Fang and Sancti Ankyros. And Secura Serro is fine. And ye, MR9 - MR12 is okay. 

29 minutes ago, SilentCircle said:

Sheldon immediately asked what the average MR rank of the player base was.

And what "was the answer"?