Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mummyframe, INAROS. Behind the name

OvAeons

Very intrigued on the reason why DE chose such a vague figure in the history of Egypt. Obviously there are many more well known figures of choice. I really hope it is quest related.

Inaros I--Egyptian Prince who rebelled against Assyrians when they occupied Egypt for a short time.

There are others that have gone by the name but this is the first. the second was another ruler of Egypt, Inaros II, of a Libyan birth in which he rebelled against the Persians which took place hundreds of years after the first rebel prince.

Does this mean our Inaros was a rebel in events preceding the fall of the Orokin? the vagueness is real

Given most Tenno rebelled....the name isnt really anything special.

Now, what would be interesting is that if this frame is actually the first...... UMBRA FRAME!

This is the first frame created by the Stalker Army once they rebelled against the rebel tenno following the "Lotus".

Maybe then we can get William Wallace-frame... FREEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Given most Tenno rebelled....the name isnt really anything special.

Now, what would be interesting is that if this frame is actually the first...... UMBRA FRAME!

This is the first frame created by the Stalker Army once they rebelled against the rebel tenno following the "Lotus".

Maybe then we can get William Wallace-frame... FREEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!

Since DE is really starting to work on back story rather then what the player base has come up with on their own, the Rebellion has to start somewhere. All we generally know is that it happened

13 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

Or you know,his name sounds cool,DE likes to name their characters with cool names.

or you know De could be following the trend of putting meaning in the names with historical figures/happenings. *cough* Nezha/Wukong *cough*

Edited by OvAeons

2 minutes ago, OvAeons said:

or you know De could be following the trend of putting meaning in the names with historical figures/happenings. *cough* Nezha/Wukong *cough*

I think we already have enough god/deity references here.

3 minutes ago, Oranji said:

I think we already have enough god/deity references here.

Inaros is not a god, and most other frames are not based on gods :p and most if not all stories of gods are based on a significant happening that someone had witnessed a persons actions and coincidences. Human mind is a pretty bold thing.

Edited by OvAeons

22 minutes ago, OvAeons said:

De could be following the trend of putting meaning in the names with historical figures/happenings. *cough* Nezha/Wukong *cough*

Not only warframes btw. I also like how Sedna nodes are named. Lots of mythological water-related creatures.

Well I can see a reason tho. The most famous mummy god-names are either not encouraged to use (especially for a video game) because of their fame and there's protectors of names out there :3 or simply because the names are already taken :P     (Sobek, Shu)

Take my name i.e. AngelShu(r) relates to the Egyptian god of the air. Angel God of the Air! 

Ok, enough history lessons now >.>

imo, a rather less known name always welcomes the use without people having to constantly compare... (this also explains why I generally agree and am happy Ivara won the DC name and not Arthemis)

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Typo.

Well, think about it. It makes sense, because he's a rebel against the system: No shields frame! :P

On a serious note maybe the quest will do a better job at revealing some backstory that might lead to hints as to why would the Orokin choose this name. I mean, DE could have named him Osiris and call it a day.

28 minutes ago, OvAeons said:

Since DE is really starting to work on back story rather then what the player base has come up with on their own, the Rebellion has to start somewhere. All we generally know is that it happened

The Tenno rebelled cause this was a Sentient plan to destroy the Orokin.

All we need to know is what was used to get the Tenno to rebel. Saying that a tenno wearing this frame is the reason doesnt really pop since we now know Warframes are drones.

I guess DE could explain how the tenno rebelled without being disconnected from their frames. And say this was the first frame that could avoid disconnection?

Personally, since Sand Man has the whole mummy theme, I think Anubis would best fit as a name for him. Anubis is basically the god of mummification and the embalming of the deceased. He even help embalm Osiris after Seth killed him! He's Nekros' best pal because he is like his assistant. The two sound like the perfect couple! (*cough* butt buddies *cough*)

3 minutes ago, SpockBlock said:

Personally, since Sand Man has the whole mummy theme, I think Anubis would best fit as a name for him. Anubis is basically the god of mummification and the embalming of the deceased. He even help embalm Osiris after Seth killed him! He's Nekros' best pal because he is like his assistant. The two sound like the perfect couple! (*cough* butt buddies *cough*)

Well the name won't go to waste, they probably gonna name his alt anubis, with valkyr's bastet, they would make a better pair!

8 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

All we need to know is what was used to get the Tenno to rebel. Saying that a tenno wearing this frame is the reason doesnt really pop since we now know Warframes are drones.

I guess DE could explain how the tenno rebelled without being disconnected from their frames. And say this was the first frame that could avoid disconnection?

unless Tenno were under complete control, unlikely, they were convinced to rebel of their own free will.

3 minutes ago, SpockBlock said:

and take the cliche, lame, route? :P Mentioned above by Angelshur, things go better when one of the most known Egyptian gods is used :p

IGNORE MY ABOVE POST, i was completely locked out of saying anything cause of quote broke my replies window 

15 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

And because the Orokin killed Margulis.

2 minutes ago, PH0X-1 said:

Well the name won't go to waste, they probably gonna name his alt anubis, with valkyr's bastet, they would make a better pair!

never really understood DE's choice in naming the helm that since Valk is loosley based into norse mythology :p