Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your stories on catching that one alert you were waiting for?

X3Evanescence

Title says it all.

For me, I was outside when I saw today's Orokin Catalyst alert. I rushed for a train and traveled from the North to the South of the country in an hour (I live in Singapore, Singapore is a small country) and then contemplated whether to run home or to take a bus. The whole time I was frantically checking my phone to see how much time I have left to catch the alert. I ended up taking a bus and I managed to reach home and catch the alert with 3 minutes left on the clock. Well that was intense. I was one happy Tenno.

Do post your experiences with trying to catch that one alert you were waiting for, both the successes and the failures :)

Edited by X3Evanescence

3 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

One time, they released a Frame called Valkyr. She was a fun Frame. Then they gave her a fun-looking hat called Bastet. I waited for months for them to give it an alert. Finally, I caved and bought it.

Then an alert for it popped the next day.

That reminds me of the plat I wasted for the Excalibur Mordred Helmet just to have it come out as an alert like 30 mins later.... This is why I no longer spend plat to buy cosmetic helmets except for those in the steam workshop, learnt my lesson haha.

A good friend of mine, who mains Rhino, started playing the game just as the Arcane Helmets were about to be discontinued. IIRC, it was actually the very last day of their availability. And then there was an Arcane Vanguard alert. The last alert there ever was for that helmet. And we caught it.

It's still one of his most prized in-game possessions.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Woke up at 3 AM because my phone's nexus app was sounding an alarm for the last piece of Vauban I needed to build him. Bumbled through the mission like a drunkard trying to get home after a night of drinking and now I'm a proud owner of Vauban.

Praise Booben.

Here is mine.

My little 1 and a half year old daughter fall asleep on the couch and my girlfriend is gone with her sister for shopping.

I'm like cool i'm gonna try to play warframe. Open warframe and there is an alert of a vauban helmet(only part i'm missing)with 5 min left.

I do my alert ! Just 2 sec before extraction my daughter wakes up crying and i'm like THANKS GUYS GTG !!!

Ususaly she sleep like 20 sec just so you know she "slept" 

Edited by trunks013

Me, like 1 month after selling Valkyr to free up space during my new player days.

"Yeah I think I'm gonna rebuild Valkyr. Oh, this Bastet helmet looks pretty cool, too bad I don't have the plat to- Oh there's an alert."

Didn't even wait for 3 seconds...

Edited by TotallyLagging

2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Woke up at 3 AM because my phone's nexus app was sounding an alarm for the last piece of Vauban I needed to build him. Bumbled through the mission like a drunkard trying to get home after a night of drinking and now I'm a proud owner of Vauban.

Praise Booben.

lol

1. I see the Mordred Excal helmet showing up in the alert app.
2. Quickly launch the game to get the helmet.
3. While the game is loading (which only takes 5 to 10 sec by the way), I decide to switch tabs and check the warframe forums to see what's new.
4. I jump from warframe forums to youtube (through a youtube video posted on forums)
5. Two hours later, I notice that my game is running in the background.
6. "Why did I launch the game?" I ask myself, which I quickly follow up with a massive facepalm...

Not really a story of "catching an alert", but one I won't be forgetting any time soon.

When the glaive was first released, i remember of waking up and returning to sleep waiting for the alert to pop-up. it was like that for a whole week until i finally got it.
Darn hardcore but the weapon used to be quite unique at the time.

Wasn't like that anymore for me, when veuban released.

Edited by Noabettiet