The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I kind of need a critique on my Loki build.

Lanris

Question

Before anyone says it... No, I don't have a Loki yet. I plan to get one though.

Ok so I was thinking of building a loki (or loki prime) and was wondering

am I even doing this right? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong,

cause I dunno if I should just dump everything to disarm or invis maximization. Or go with a Temjin build.

Here's the ideal build I had in mind:

RkMQDs6.png

I would say to focus either on invis or disarm.  The two are mutually exclusive, largely, due to Narrow minded tanking range.

Just make an A build completely focused on invis duration, then make a B build focused around disarming range.

One other note, running an E siphon with a duration build makes invis energy entirely self sufficient.

Personaly i use 2 build

1- Speed run invis : rush,armored agility and speed drift with hushed invisibility and max duration

2- Radial disarm with max range and cunning drift

The idea of going both is good but you loose speed and a little of duration.

Still good tought

I use my Loki very often, and I don't see anything wrong with this build in specific; but I will suggest something.

Perhaps keeping a pure Range build and a pure Speed/Invis build on two different configs? Once you get him of course, instead of focusing on a little of both for just one build. (You could use your last Config slot for a Hybrid Range/Duration build... but that's up to you.)

I'll pop mine up real quick, and yes I know I use Vitality on my range build... I really don't have much use for anything else, and that chunk of extra health helps when using an Arcane Swindle.

Range Build:

Spoiler

OZrQSd5.jpg

Invis/Speed/Duration Build: (don't have Speed Drift yet... that's the only Drift mod I don't got... lol)

Spoiler

afdLva5.jpg

But yeah, in general your builds are fairly good. A bit different than what I have come used to as a avid Loki'er, but great nonetheless. :D
I may swap out Redirection in my Invis build for something like Quick Thinking, but I like having some diversity as to what mods I can slot... which is why I didn't polarize my Exilus slot. (So I can fit mods of all types. :D)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

As Loki, would 1.40 mobility be really not enough?
I am currently using Valkyr with Rush at 1.43 move speed... and I find it horrifyingly fast.

(that is at least compared to the frame I love to use: Rhino and Banshee)

Edited by Lanris

45 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

I would say to focus either on invis or disarm.  The two are mutually exclusive, largely, due to Narrow minded tanking range.

Just make an A build completely focused on invis duration, then make a B build focused around disarming range.

One other note, running an E siphon with a duration build makes invis energy entirely self sufficient.

I agree completely with this post. I made a build for both and couldn't be happier. 

3 minutes ago, Darkmatt3r said:

I use the same build but i use stretch instead Hushed invisibility .

Well, I think you are referencing my build, so I will explain a bit.

I don't use Stretch because I don't have to focus on Range for my Invis build, I mainly use this build for running around farming Focus, or stealth ranking weapons that can one-shot certain enemies.

That's why I use Hushed, and personally I think it is one of the best augments in the whole game. (doesn't seem to work right on clients right now though, my and my brother to stealth running together a lot, and whenever he shoots... it alerts enemies... even though he has Hushed Invis. Ah well, can't expect everything to work correctly. :D)

2 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I'd say only use Hushed Invis if you want to use a shotgun in stealth missions, or any other weapon that you can't silence with hush or suppress.

Is there any weapon you can't silence with Hush or Suppress? I haven't heard of that.

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Well, I think you are referencing my build, so I will explain a bit.

I don't use Stretch because I don't have to focus on Range for my Invis build, I mainly use this build for running around farming Focus, or stealth ranking weapons that can one-shot certain enemies.

That's why I use Hushed, and personally I think it is one of the best augments in the whole game. (doesn't seem to work right on clients right now though, my and my brother to stealth running together a lot, and whenever he shoots... it alerts enemies... even though he has Hushed Invis. Ah well, can't expect everything to work correctly. :D)

haha , i prefer recasting & too lazy to swap .

I would use energy siphon instead of corrosive projection. Along with coaction drift instead of speed drift. You seem to be working heavily on your abilities and energy, and the worst thing for a build like that is a empty energy bar. If you have any room in there you might also want to put in a equilibrium mod.

13 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

I would use energy siphon instead of corrosive projection. Along with coaction drift instead of speed drift. You seem to be working heavily on your abilities and energy, and the worst thing for a build like that is a empty energy bar. If you have any room in there you might also want to put in a equilibrium mod.

8 minutes ago, OvAeons said:

please do not try and crutch on QT >.> loki should not need it.. and in the worst case scenario you are left without energy.

Or... Or...

You could just use the Zenurik Way's Passive of 4 energy per second regen? Which is what I do.

Sure QT drains energy really fast, but it's better than going down when you're one of the only people who can safely revive teammates in a squad without a Limbo or Valkyr.

As for not having energy left, that's where Loki's Speed comes in :)
You high tail it out of there and slap down some energy restore pads, boom... You're good to go back in. :D

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Or... Or...

You could just use the Zenurik Way's Passive of 4 energy per second regen? Which is what I do.

Sure QT drains energy really fast, but it's better than going down when you're one of the only people who can safely revive teammates in a squad without a Limbo or Valkyr.

You high tail it out of there and slap down some energy restore pads, boom... You're good to go back in. :D

I have zenurik too and..... well....the energy rate could be better.....

IDK it's your choice.

Personally, I wouldn't use Hushed invisibility and quick thinking if I was using radial disarm. Surviving should not be a problem if you're disarming enemies (especially those with aoe) and using invisibility. I would replace them with constitution for more duration, and a 40% fleeting expertise to allow more RD spam.

1 hour ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Or... Or...

still a crutch that promotes bad dodging, zenu will not always save your arse :P almost 3 years and i have never needed it. First and ONLY time using it was for my all round trin.

the amount of times i have seen people 'screaming' in chat about: "I HAVE QT WHY DID I GO DOWN" is unreal

6 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

I have three builds for loki, full cc, non combat spy and mixed combat one, "jack of all trades":

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/496891285985038623/C809A53945F9EDC91748615FFC8DA9153111ED6E/

In this one I don't use syndicate mods, I use decoy to group disarmed enemies and mop them up with tonkor. 

Gotta love that Tonkor. :D

I see, but does radial disarm alert mobs?

I only went qt on the off chance that I'm actually seen. I plan to go rak.cerno/handbow(iforgotthename)/orthos.p

I thought about somethings, like since I'll be using a full silent weapon set, I can remove hushed for something else... like maybe constitution.

18 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

I have three builds for loki, full cc, non combat spy and mixed combat one, "jack of all trades":

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/496891285985038623/C809A53945F9EDC91748615FFC8DA9153111ED6E/

In this one I don't use syndicate mods, I use decoy to group disarmed enemies and mop them up with tonkor. 

Pretty much my build too, only that I used Irradiating Disarm instead of Stretch so I can watch the grineer, corpus, or corrupted rioting for extra laugh. 

While many seems to focused build on either invis or disarm, I prefer to have both of them. Rank 6 Narrow Minded with maxed Overextended goes very well on giving you both duration for invis and area for disarm. Sure the invis duration isn't forever, but 30+ seconds is more than enough and with invis you can go into the middle of the mob to cast Radial Disarm safely.