Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #70!

[DE]Rebecca

Wow, a devstream and a major update dropping on my birthday, that's a hek of a gift right there.

I've been playing since right around U7.4 and I was wondering how the scope of Warframe's lore has changed since Open Beta began.  Was the story we're experiencing now always in the cards or did it evolve as the game and community grew over time?

Thank you for a wonderful game, and please keep up the amazing work.

Oh boy tons of questions this time! Here we go~

1. DUAL DARK SWORD
Remember the Dual Dark Sword with new stance, announced in Devstream 54 (I believe)? I asked this question the following stream: " Given the upcoming Dual Dark Swords remodel/new weapon and the new two handed, "twinblade" stance designed for said remodel, I was curious: will the new stance be exclusive to the Dual Dark Swords or will it be usable on any dual sword weapon? And if it is usable on any of them, will any other dual swords get fresh remodels (i.e. Dual Heat Swords or Dual Ether)? " Also, do we have a timeline on when the new stance and/or dual dark sword will come to light?

2. PRIME VAULT ACCESS
Who and what is next for this? What's the timeline? I am dying to get my hand on the Targis Prime armor set, jussayin (;

3. OLD PRIME PBR TIMELINE- PLS ANSWER THIS ONE
I hate being the person to ask about this for the umpteenth time, but somebody has to say it. How long until we get all of the prime frames to be PBR'd? It's hard to imagine that it is so time consuming that it would take more than a week to push out the remaining few. I know for a fact I'm not the only founder who has been dying to properly customize their Excalibur Prime, and I have been ever since Nova Prime's metal color customization was revealed (over a year ago). #justalittlesalty

4. EXCALIBUR UMBRA TIMELINE
Can we get a rough estimate or approximate timeline on when to expect Umbra this year? I know it will be a while, as Steve has mentioned before, but can we get even just a season-based estimate (i.e. Fall 2016)?

4a. OTHER UMBRAS
Will we see the release of Excalibur Umbra followed by a regular release schedule, similar to prime frames? Or will you just be releasing them when makes sense from a story standpoint?

4b. UMBRA FOR FOUNDERS
This is kind of a conditional question. In the past, Steve has indicated/hinted at the concept that Umbra is a separate frame entirely. While I love this concept as it gives non-founders a way to get their own badass super excalibur, it's frustrating to see how it negatively impacts the founders, as now they are inclined to hold two different excaliburs in their arsenal, and what's more important to many, a full reforma'ing is required. So my question is this: if Excalibur Umbra truly is a separate frame, is there any way you would consider releasing an Umbra skin that can be equipped on Excalibur Prime? I'll even farm for Umbra like everyone else, I'm just hoping I can not have to reforma or potato my Excal P.

5. MELEE IDLE STANCES
With the release of custom holstering positions, will we ever see unique/customizable melee idle animations? I'd love to show off my Nikana outside of its sheathe :D

6. DE MADE ALT HELMS
As the Steam Workshop has kicked off, we've seen a number of awesome skin and helmet additions to the game. However, I've noticed that DE has not released any additional alt helms (other than the one alt helm per new warframe that comes out with their release). Does this indicate that DE is leaving the smaller items to the community, and that y'all's focus has shifted to making all the deluxe skins? Or can we expect to see another wave of alt helms in the future?

7. TENNOGEN LOSERS
For the weapons that lost in the polycount contest, i.e. the Grineer Galatine (one of my absolute favs), is there a chance we will ever see those in game? Or are they forever doomed? Because that thing was my jam xD

8. DUAL DAGGERS AND COVERT LETHALITY
Will Dual Daggers ever get access to this mod? It makes the Fang Prime saddeningly... underwhelming when it doesn't have access to such a powerful mod.

9. THANK YOU!!!!!!
I have been playing ever since the game went into full-on Open Beta (and one Open Beta weekend before that?) and it's been fantastic to see all the awesome you've created. Every one of my questions should hopefully reflect that I am all about polishing an already great game (:

(Just started with WF Forums, but have been watching Primetime/Devstream since beginning of time since the launch on PS4)

First off, Thank you all for the work you've been putting in over @ D.E. into our beloved GEM of a game.

My one question and concern with the Up-most Respect would be..

Do DEVS plan to in the "near" future, to alter the way raiding works. Being a big time PVE'r and enjoying Raiding its come to my concern. LOR is unique in its own way and DEVS always seem to be going in the right path with their choices but for Raiding, huge boss fights, a temple of Boss's if you will, with loot tables is lacking.

Now i doubt I'm the only one  who has thought about this but hope I raise a certain level of concern with the direction of expansion with raiding system. 

As always, Thank you; Rebecca, Megan, Steve, Geoff, Scott, Sheldon, and the whole team over at Digital Extremes. -iLLoMaTiK

Edited by (PS4)iLLoMaTiK

dear devs, you have spoken in the last dev-stream in "majority" that you will move in warframeS into update 18.5., explain please

Will there be another Gunblade in the next time?

Are you planning a rework on Nekros or is he dead (hahaha...) and Inaros is the new Nekros (yeah other skills but the style seems to be similar)? 

When will Nezha get his Augments - will the casting speed for his 3 and 4 be increased because right now you are nearly forced to use Natural Talent and Speed Drift. Is there an overwork planned for him?

Thanks for your effort

Sweet, can't wait to see it

One question though. We know you have 4 frames in the works, and thats great, but everyone just wants something, ANYTHING, on Excal Umbra. Like just have Steve say "Umbra, Spring." and we would be good.

Also could we get a solar chart 3.0 update, cause that would make my day.

Thanks guys! :)

Edited by (XB1)juggernot42
Adding some stuff

Last stream, you said that the Twin Queens would be added to the game, eventually. My first question is that during their first appearance(?) in the trailer of Vor's prize, there was a grineer who replaced Vor's position as the admiral. The name is hard to hear but I think it was Forol? Would he also be added in the game?

My second question is since the story of the Twin Queens were deciphered from the "cat-like" oddities, would there be any connection of them to the Kavats?

Hello everyone!

My questions are:

1. Will there be any new Dojo style or more customization options? Like more / different rooms? I would really love to have more color pallets and an option to control the light in my dojo, for example: use dark colors to color your dojo and lower the lights to give it a dark creepy feeling, similar to the old orokin style.

2. Will we receive more warframe customization options? I saw that we will be able to chose how we hold our weapons on our body but I would love to have more options to customize my warframe, for example the color scheme for syandana and other accessories should be independent from each other cause sometimes you get a really weird combination overall.

3. Will there be orbiter inside skins? I mean we have skins for the Lisset, Mantis and Scimitar but on the inside we can only color them and some patterns would be awesome to have, like a war torn interior from our battle with the Stalker from our second dream quest or based on the syndicates or focus schools we choose.

4. The question that is asked and asked over and over again: syndicate melee weapons? Of course, specific weapons types, like a single hand or dual daggers for Red Veil, a hammer or axe or dual axe for Steel Meridian, a great sword or a normal sword for Arbiters of Hexis, elemental weapons for Cephalon Suda, Perin Sequence and New Loka so we can balance the IPS with elemental damage.

5. When will the new Archwing be announced? You mentioned that there will be a healer type Archwing coming soon.

6. We received new prime weapons ( Spira Prime and Nikana Prime ) but will there be any new Primary weapons? I, for one, got a little bit tired of having Boltor Prime and Soma Prime as top tier weapons / end game weapons. 

7. We have Odonata Prime as a Prime Arcwing, but a set of Prime Archwing weapons? A prime Kaszas or Grattler would be awesome.

8. Will we receive more Primed Mods? It would not hurt to have a Prime Streamline or Prime Intensify or other mods that right now offer low - medium stats. I mean, bane of grineer, corpus and infested got primed.... so... yeah.

9. When will you fix Ash's ultimate skill? We still get stuck in the texture or kicked off the map from time to time and also the activation time has issues where sometimes you smash the button and nothing happens and suddenly your are halfway through the animation and puff done, or you freeze after the animation is done and you wake up dead a few seconds later.

I hope you will get to read these and take note. Thank you for everything you made and will make regarding warframe, keep up the good work !

1. Why after all these months, can you still not see cephalon simaris reputation in the UI during the mission or on your liset?

2.  Noone uses the emote system because it locks you into doing the full animation while you are murdered.  Will you allow any movement to interrupt and stop the animation, and be able to bind them to hotkeys so people will actually use them?

3.  The breakable windows on corpus ships were made before aoe existed.  Every single one of them breaks every single mission, either due to teammates, enemies, or uncontrolled syndicate procs.  It is an outdated gimmick that is not fun when constantly triggered, will you please make them immune to aoe damage?

Edited by TheBestUsername

with the success of the second dream quest and its cinematics, is there any plan to go back to other quests and add cinematics to them, maybe if/when the quest replay feature is implemented?

Any chance of making rare and reinforced crates more common outsude of Raids? for those of us not able to raid on a recular basis it is a real pain to try and get the stuff from these crates. it also makes the mantis almost impossible to get outside of trading for enough plat to buy one.

i will probably get some flak for this but, any chance for an Orokin themed hacking minigame for the orokin levels?

Edited by Procene

Q: Will DE balance notoriously useless common status mods (Sure shot, rifle aptitude etc.) so to give new players more of a chance to get into using status weapons and at least make these useful. Though I understand they are not meant to be as good as the event mod equivalents (Volcanic edge, voltaic strike etc.) they should at least be useable.

I just have a few questions:

1. Any hints as to who the next Prime is going to be? Are you still going after order of release, or are you pulling a "Nova" this time around?
  2. Any news as to who is next in the rework line? Particularly, any news on the Limbo rework? Are you working on it currently, or was the few of his recent changes all to come for now?
  3. When will consoles get Sorties Season 4 and/or U18.5?
  4. Limbo Prime confirmed?
  5. Excalibur Umbra? Will the Umbra line be separate releases from the Prime Access, or will we only get treated to one or the other, once every 3 months?

I sincerely hope that some of my burning questions can be answered on tonight's Devstream, but I can only hope and understand if they cannot be answered at this time. As always, thank you so much for making Warframe what it is, and I hope and believe in that there's more greatness to come.

On 3/2/2016 at 8:18 AM, xXSky0DragonXx said:

Thanks for creating Warframe in the first place.

i need to ask:

Will we ever get a "kick" option with the consentiment of everyone (even from the one being kicked) in the 4-person squad interface? there are people that love to disrespect and offend others, can we simply kick them out of the match to prevent more insults to be shot at inocent tenno?

Just an add on to this, will we be able to have a vote to kick the person out? Or would you have other ideas?

On 3/2/2016 at 9:47 AM, Vrgolin said:

-Any plans on makin Warframe open world? Or at least some sections, where we can be just deployed and given the freedom to explore. Encountering enemies along the way, as well as non faction enemies, like wild beasts and such.

This is a really cool idea

Hey guys just a couple of questions

-Have you got any intention on making dojos more "customisable" for example whole room decoration sets, more decorations, custom banners?

-On the way down to the focus room there are two other doors are you planning on using them anytime soon?

-Buff Oberon?? he is cool as hell and is a little underpowered :(

-Are we ever going to have prisma/Wraith warframes??

-Faction skins for Weapons and Warframes??

-Squads going into relays: When we leave relay could we have and option for a group leave instead of having to reform your group after leaving the relay?

-Any more liset Deco I love my ship but its a bit bare bones with just the bobble heads (Maybe Weapons, Sydanna and trophy racks)

-Chance to play with the devs on a weekly base (you guys are by far and away my favourite dev teams and I would kill for a chance to slice some grineer with you)

Thanks guys keep up the good work,

Tenno Archangel  

Edited by (XB1)AGarchangel98

Any possibility of seeing a more interactive way to recover energy that doesn't rely on RNG Blue Balls pickups or having to use specific items or auras/focus tree setups? (AKA New Player-friendly)

EG: Action-MMO Style - Minor passive regain, while having to actually attack enemies with your normal attacks to restore your energy efficiently, so that you can then use your powers and basically keep you in the fray and not standing back, waiting or screaming for a Trinity to cast EV.

Edited by ScorpDK