The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on SSD? Any benefits?

Stoner

Question

Hi guys, i'm trying to make some space on my SSd and i was wondering if removing warframe from it would make any changes in the game?

I know BF4 on a ssd is game changer but i'm not sure about warframe... ?

Edited by Stoner74

8 answers to this question

SSDs help only if you play solo or when it comes to loading the game proper. Once you start a mission with people, you can finish loading in 3 seconds, but you still need to wait 10-40 seconds until everyone else finished loading.

As a quick example - with my SSD, I only have about 2 seconds to control my landing craft in the loading screen before I am already in the mission.

Edited by ScorpDK

Warframe doesn't need an SSD. loading times should already be nigh instantaneous on a Hard Disk.
times might slightly increase but not by much, Warframe's filesystem is efficient unlike Frostbite based games.

can't hurt though :)
and i have it on one of my SSD's just for the hell of it.

I have Warframe on SSD. The only benefit in load time is that very first load screen once you've booted up warframe.

After that the loading times are tied to your connection to players and/or DE, so an SSD won't do you too much when you are waiting for that last guy to join the mission.

I'm using a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (500 MB/s read and write) and didn't notice anything special, load times are maybe a little faster but they usually took like 5-10 seconds on my HDD so nothing worth switching for from a good 7200 rpm HDD to a SSD. However if you have a "slow" HDD (5400 rpm) or a 7200 rpm with really low cache it might be better on the SSD though I don't think there'll be much of an improvement.

a lot of loading is p2p and internets talking between host and members.

there will be a little improvement, but unless you have to load 5-8 gigs of data you will not see the speed

(games with a lot to load in loading screens, aka mmo's, rpgs, some adventure/actions and elderscrools)

but if all 4 people have super internet and SSDs dollars to nuts the load will be fast :P so if anything get a mid capacity for OS and a few games/programs/need of rapid storage.

Edited by OvAeons

Not much, but it will load in slightly faster. Slightly.

I run WF on two different PCs. One has an SSD and one does not. WF is loaded on the SSD on the box that has one.

The main difference is getting into the game much faster on the machine with the SSD as opposed to the older box with the HDD. Once there, the SSD is slightly faster loading levels, but it's barely noticeable.

Aside from the storage media, the two boxes are otherwise rather similar. One is a 4790K/TitanX and one a 2500K/TitanX. One runs Win10, one Win7. One has 16gigs of system memory, the other 8gigs. So...does it make a big difference to WF? Well, not really. It does in other areas, but actually in the game? Not all that much.