The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance post 18.5

eyeopener

Spoiler

First thing I have done is after updating the game: Start a mission - Ceres Draco with a 4 man squad and my fps are around 40.

Today before the patch I had around 100-120 fps (on the same mission 4 man squad) and I was thinking that the graphic changes caused this... BUT

The next thing I did: Set all graphic settings to off/minimum and restart the game. After that I started Draco Ceres with a 4man squad and AGAIN I have just around 40 fps...,,

The game is unplayable for me again as it was before frame time optimizations:

That sucks I am pissed.

Edit:
My system specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE
GPU: R9 270X Sapphire
SOUND: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
RAM: 8GB
SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB

My usual launcher options:
Full-Screen: Off
DX 10: On
DX 11: On
64-Bit Mode: Off

FPS pre 18.5 on Ceres Draco 4 man:
100-120 fps

FPS post 18.5 on Ceres Draco 4 man:
30-40fps

What I tried:
1. Change Graphic settings. Result: no change. (graphic settings don't matter)
2. Verify then optimize in launcher. Result: 10 fps less?! (from 40 fps to 30 fps... and more spikes?!)
3. I uninstalled Warframe. Redownloaded and turned off DX 10. Result: 40-60 fps but still many lag spikes and it doesn't feel like 40-60fps. It's unplayable :(
4. Updated Driver to "Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Hotfix". Result: no change.
5. Turned off reverb and sound: Result: no change. (still experiencing: Stuttering/frameskipping )
6. Switched from borderless to fullscreen. Result: no change.
7. Turned on V-Sync. Result: more constant frames (means less spikes), but still bad fps

Edit2:
Patch 18.5.5.1:
I still got 30-40 fps with 4 man on draco ceres or it shows in void as 60fps but feels like 20 = frame skipping.
and 100% cpu usage, all bulls*****.

Edited by eyeopener

Let me preface this by saying that for weeks I've been getting a solid 60fps on every mission I run (that doesn't have an Ash in it). I've just updated to 18.5, the update where we were PROMISED performance increases on everything from laptops to dedicated gaming rigs and it's borderline unplayable. 

While walking through a map I lose around 20fps. Once I start shooting at a horde of enemies it can drop as low as 5fps. FIVE. FPS. 

So I started troubleshooting. I turned down particle quality, turned off physx, removed my frame limit, and turned off high quality shading. I'm still seeing 20fps dips in normal missions with what I would consider less than average enemies on screen. 

My rig has 16 gigs of fast Ram, a GTX 760, and a 4.0ghz processor. Well above the recommended specs for this game (4x the vram, 8x the ram, and 2x the processing speed.) 

EDIT: Also having people drop out of lobbies and crash seemingly at random AND a lot of the decorations in our dojo are totally broken. 

Edited by projectrallus

So far nearly every tile I've been to has caused crackling and random frame drops out of nowhere, and it's not consistent either, I've done the same missions multiple times and it seems to be completely random when it does or does not have the crackle or frame drop. With the exception of the back of my orbiter, the music back there causes crackling everytime no matter what. :/ 

Got quite the same problem. Had solid 60 FPS before the patch, now it takes 2 minutes to load a map and it freezes every 5 seconds (most likely goes from 60 FPS to 5/10). I don't have the best CPU (AMD FX 6300) but my GPU is a GTX 950 and should go far beyond this game.

8 minutes ago, Kyakure said:

Got quite the same problem. Had solid 60 FPS before the patch, now it takes 2 minutes to load a map and it freezes every 5 seconds (most likely goes from 60 FPS to 5/10). I don't have the best CPU (AMD FX 6300) but my GPU is a GTX 950 and should go far beyond this game.

I opened a support ticket and [DE]Tim said to optimize and verify cache in the launcher. Once that's done I'll update this topic and say whether or not it resolved the issue.

I restarted the game, tried a random mission on Pluto and it didn't make the same, all loaded nice and smooth, plus I was able to activate V-Sync. Haven't tried out yet a 4man mission tho... If the problem persists, I guess I'll do what DE said and report back. This is gonna happen tomorrow tho, since Inaros mission takes 6 hours :P

Turning on Direct X 10 and 11 in the Launcher seems to have massively reduced the stuttering.

Edit 1: Serious lockup while using Zephyr + Ogris on a Grineer Ship Sabotage on Saturn. Going to turn off DX 10 and leave DX 11 on.

Edited by Prof_Blocks_007

Notably, any tile with movement, such as the grineer one with the fans you jump through. In my experience, corpus elevators don't make a difference, but something corpus do does.

I will update my drivers now and see if I got any increase in frame rate, then I'll post again saying if that works. Hopefully DERebecca's advice works.

I updated my drivers and turned off DX10 (but left DX11 on) and it seemed to have fixed my issues. Back to 60 fps with no random stuttering/freezing.

EDIT: Never mind, still lagging on some Orokin maps.

Tried reducing graphics, verifying/optimizing, and I'm still getting stuttering. So far it seems to only be on Orokin tiles, I was able to play several non-orokin missions just fine.

Edited by Panwich

before patch i was getting over 120 fps w/o vsync and 60 with it.

after patch when i get into any mission, it drops below 10 in the first 1-2 minutes.

there's something really wrong here.

update: now with disabling dx10 option in the launcher and running on dx11 only, i'm still getting stutter on top of random "not responding" game window.

update 2: i think the problem was nvidia physx. i turned it off and now it seems ok. btw i have a gtx 970...

Edited by darq
update

Looks like I'm in the same boat as everyone else here; Before today I was able to play perfectly fine, now that 18.5 has arrived I can't get a steady frame rate and I get regular dips that make the game unplayable.

Changing graphics settings hasn't helped at all so all I was able to do was solo the Gift of the Lotus alert before quitting. My drivers are all up to date and I still got framerate dips during a solo exterminate mission with less than 100 enemies.

Gonna wait until a proper fix is implemented before hopping back on to play again. And I was so excited to start playing today.

Having updated drivers will make sure you are at a decent baseline for other troubleshooting. No one said it would fix all the issues. This is a new release with major tweaks to the graphics engine. I would be more concerned if there were universally no differences or hiccups at all.

In addition to the drivers, change your DirectX settings and see if that helps.

As a side note, keep it civil, please. We are within hours of a release that its making sweeping, drastic changes. Setting baselines such as updated drivers and the like is troubleshooting 101. Calm yourself.

Low end user here. I already have everything at the minimum settings. Before the patch today I usually had 50-60fps+ constantly. Now whenever I am looking at the shadows caused by the new lighting system (Draco is a good example), my FPS drops to 20-35 even if nothing is going on. When a fight happens in a dark area it now drops to the 20s.

It never went that low before except those brief moments when there's massive AoE spam. Either way the game isn't playable for me anymore because on dark missions my frame rate is too low, but it was 100% fine before this patch.

Edited by Yakoul