The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do you cope with RNG?

(PSN)skullblits69

Question

In between Prime releases I run Syndicate missions and store up all the Marks/Seeds I can.  If you don't cash them in then that's an unlimited reserve of Standing you can build up.  I try to keep the 4 syndicates I work with at about 100k each, buying key packs when they get over 125k.  If I run out of a key I need I buy 4 packs from New Loka, 4 from Red Veil and 2 from Perrin Sequence dropping them down to about 0, 0 and 50k then use Seeds to bring Loka and Perrin back up (costing Steel Meridian) and Marks to bring Veil and Meridian back up so they all get to 100k again.  Hopefully those 10 packs will get me something useful...  Alternatively I might try hitting trade chat and offering an Augment mod for the key type I need.  The mods cost the same as a key pack so a guaranteed useful key for a mod seems a fair exchange to me.

31 minutes ago, Katinka said:

In between Prime releases I run Syndicate missions and store up all the Marks/Seeds I can.  If you don't cash them in then that's an unlimited reserve of Standing you can build up.  I try to keep the 4 syndicates I work with at about 100k each, buying key packs when they get over 125k.  If I run out of a key I need I buy 4 packs from New Loka, 4 from Red Veil and 2 from Perrin Sequence dropping them down to about 0, 0 and 50k then use Seeds to bring Loka and Perrin back up (costing Steel Meridian) and Marks to bring Veil and Meridian back up so they all get to 100k again.  Hopefully those 10 packs will get me something useful...  Alternatively I might try hitting trade chat and offering an Augment mod for the key type I need.  The mods cost the same as a key pack so a guaranteed useful key for a mod seems a fair exchange to me.

I bought 5 packs from syndicate. Ive tryed recruitment. Ive try farming with groups. Ive tryed trading.   My hair is falling out. On a bright side, i earned the other 2 parts. After a week of living in the void lol

3 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I denounced RNGsus months ago, now I hail Lootcifer!

For the glory of Persatan of course!

%satan

1 hour ago, (PS4)skullblits69 said:

Because i have done 20 T3 captures. Ive been farming for T3 captures all day. Ive been even trying to buy T3 captures.

Are they vaulted or something? Because this is driving me nuts.

I watch movies, tv series, random youtube videos while farming.

Or simply enjoying the game :D (for like 10-15 runs after that ill get impatient).

i deal with that pretty good....farm ceres lex tier 2-3 keys.. do some void  until u dont get it....! void is flooded with prime  stuff that why is hard to get parts u need i did 30 t2 suv each i play 30-40min no single blade i played t3 cap over 20 runs no hilt so yeah

There's no real way to deal with it aside from putting the game down for the night and doing something else. Be it another game, watching some youtube videos, or pursue one of your hobbies, such as drawing.

Now, this comes from a person who lacks the time required to clock in 4-5 hours of Warframe every day. I do maybe 2-5 missions and then I log off again - I tend to value my time more than money, so i end up buying grand master founder, prime access packs and platinum when I run really low (tho I do not waste it needlessly, either).

1 hour ago, (PS4)skullblits69 said:

Because i have done 20 T3 captures. Ive been farming for T3 captures all day. Ive been even trying to buy T3 captures.

I had to do exactly 62 Tyl Regor runs to get Equinox. Proof:

Spoiler

LoipHnY.png

Add to those the 8 parts spent in building it, it adds up. I ran it across three days, with other missions and games in the middle.

The only way to cope, really... is to not have to. Learn 2 not care about the carrot at the end of the stick. Play some other games, other missions in the middle. If you care too much about getting that shiny thing you're missing, Warframe will ruin your life, your mental health, and your wallet.

What I do is whenever new PA hits, I first try farming the items I want the most (in latest case, Saryn and Nikana).

I do as much as I can, trying to keyshare or even leech keys if people are hosting.

If I get any duplicates or items I don't want to use immediately (Spira) I sell them off on trade chat ASAP due to inflated prices.

Then I try to buy any parts that I'm missing (and can't stand farming anymore) of the items I want.

With this strat I pretty much have the Prime frames cooking in foundry within 2 days of release, and my account is usually a couple hundred plat heavier.

In case of keys though, I can only recommend keyshare/leeching, running void missions that drop the keys (I have a TON of T1D/MD and those drop captures iirc, so hosting that with random newbros is fun, and you get some ducat fodder on the way if you're lucky) or running excavation for a change.

Hopefully Star Chart 3.0 revolutionizes the way we play Void to make it less annoying. Having to grind (keys) to be able to grind (void) is indeed quite ridiculous.

Edited by Shifted