The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the best method for grinding platinum?

Dogefighter

Question

17 answers to this question

Just now, Dawn11715 said:

if such a place exsisted, these mods would loose their value pretty fast.

However, selling syndicate weapons is pretty reliable.

Hm

That seems like a lot of rep to grind for...what, 20+ plat per weapon?

I see your point though.  Maybe i'll just spam T1MD for saryn helms or something.

Platinum value is dictated by rarity. 

Something that's common (or 'reliable') and also has a high plat value is contradictory.

Your best bet would probably be to farm items that are next in line to get vaulted (Loki Prime, Bo Prime, and Wyrm Prime) since they are relatively easy to obtain now, and their value will shoot up once they're vaulted.

R5 cores go for 1-2 plat each.

Syndicate weapons go for 20-40p each depending on the type.

If you're just going after rare expensive stuff, you'll end up without getting much. Smaller consistent means generate more wealth than trying to gamble.

Selling Syndicate Mods is way better than selling Syndicate Weapons IMHO.

Most of the syndicate weapons has a price range of 20-40pl and you need 120.000 standings do buy them, I can sell each Syndicate Mod for 15pl, 4 mods sold you get 60pl and need only 100.000 standing to buy them.
But well, sometimes selling mods needs more time than selling weapons, so it's up to you which way you will go for. :p

For me when I wanna get some quick cash:

Syndicate weapons and mods

auras (new players always wanna buy auras)

other kinda trash prime parts (someone always needs em)

if you want alot of cash but spend more time grinding

rare mod sets (Like a set from the Acolytes, puncture set)

New, valuted, and soon to be vaulted Prime sets.

sortie weapons

Maxed Mods (prime, vault, and other high ranking mods)

I personally sell maxed mods because fusion cores are very easy to get your hands if you farm them and you can get keys while you are at it

#1 thing to remember: everybody needs/wants plat. Making plat isn't too hard, but don't expect "WTT for 20p, pm me fast" to ever work.

run sabotages and captures for good min/payout rate and sell junk. People are always buying junk.

This one is most reliable.

Other reliable methods are: syndicate stuff and buying cheap to resell for more(but that requres some plat and knowledge).

Some people are buying r5 cores, but you can as well forget about selling them for 2p each. chances are you can spend whole evening to find 1/1 buyer.

Obviousily, exercising this credit card will get you plat and fastest.

sidenote: baro stuff isn't going to net you much income unless you're willing to keep that stuf for weeks before it's value rises.

Edited by 5HV3N

If you just play all the content available in rotation normally, you find you have enough platinum to keep you going for what you need - e.g. slots, the odd forma or catalyst when you can't be bothered waiting, etc., and the odd cosmetic.  If you play normally, every now and then a desired piece (something that people WTB on trade) crops up, and it's enough to keep you going. 

If you farm for plat, you need to do Vaults for the Corrupted mods which sell regularly (e.g. Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, etc., etc.) and you need to farm for specific mods (e.g. specific wanted mods from star map mobs, Nightmare mods, special event mods), and then specific prime parts when they're popular, or when they're about to be vaulted.  Also you need to have sufficient credits and sufficient "trash" prime parts from playing regularly to have a sufficient supply for when Baro shows up, so you can buy a few extra of the primed or special mods or weapons he sells, and sell them later at exorbitant prices.

Basically, if you don't farm especially, you'll have enough plat to cover necessities (slots, occasional snap purchase mods, forma, etc.).  However, if you want to play "Fashion Frame" (i.e. have all the cosmetics) and you want lots of plat for that, you have to farm specially, and you either have to spend time on gathering the right intel (forums, chat, your clan) so you know how to maximize your farming time (i.e. don't waste time on things that don't sell, only spend time on things that sell big), OR you have to get plat on the credit card for the Fashion Frame stuff.   Some do both.