The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best looking melee weapon on Inaros in your opinion?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I'm trying to figure out what melee would fit with Inaros' look; he's so particular that I don't want to just get an end game melee weapon like Nikana Prime, cause I feel it wouldn't fit the "lore" on him.

I'm already using a Vaykor Hek as primary because of the Justice proc, but since I'm going melee only most of the times with him, I'd like the look to be appropriate.

What do you use if you care about the look?

21 answers to this question

To fit with the Ancient Egyptian theme, Tipedo and by extension the Lesion share a similar aesthetic to Ancient Egyptian pole-arms. There currently isn't a sword the curves forward like the khopesh does. Sadly, there isn't a "crook and flail" currently (though I imagine it could be a dual swords or dual daggers weapon) which would be handy to channel your inner Osiris. You could go for a Karyst, though it isn't suited for non-stealth gameplay. The only other weapon I could recommend is the Magistar with a bronze colour scheme, as Ancient Egytians did use maces.

26 minutes ago, mindlord0013 said:

To fit with the Ancient Egyptian theme, Tipedo and by extension the Lesion share a similar aesthetic to Ancient Egyptian pole-arms. There currently isn't a sword the curves forward like the khopesh does. Sadly, there isn't a "crook and flail" currently (though I imagine it could be a dual swords or dual daggers weapon) which would be handy to channel your inner Osiris. You could go for a Karyst, though it isn't suited for non-stealth gameplay. The only other weapon I could recommend is the Magistar with a bronze colour scheme, as Ancient Egytians did use maces.

The Magistar is maybe too slow to be used, as I need to find something that could fit the look but also be powerful enough.

Tipedo and Lesion seem like a good choice, I like how they perform and they're overall good weapons!

4 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

You should use daggers. Because of ... y'know - 1 + Covert lethality, in that case, definitely karyst. 

If you insisit in using some other weapon ...well probably bo prime. I saw a picture with really nice looking tonbo too. 

My problem with daggers is that when I'm using the melee out of finishers I find myself being not really effective, at least not as much as using a polearm or a multi-hitting melee, which of course on the other side cannot compare when considering finishers damage.

I really dunno which to pick up as I really like the Lesion, both looks and stats, but for finishers daggers are clearly better...

25 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

My problem with daggers is that when I'm using the melee out of finishers I find myself being not really effective, at least not as much as using a polearm or a multi-hitting melee, which of course on the other side cannot compare when considering finishers damage.

I really dunno which to pick up as I really like the Lesion, both looks and stats, but for finishers daggers are clearly better...

what you could do is still pick up any dagger with covert lethality and use Inaros's first on strong enemies , say a lvl 120 bombard . and kill it with a finisher.

Tonbo looks pretty well on Inaros.

Anyway, the metalic colors and the curves on the Tombo match pretty well with Inaros, specially if you use some red-like color on the blade. Plus Tombo is a pretty good weapon overall.

EDIT:

Found the screenshot I was searching, I'm not its owner though.

de05e320d5f0046245b617204c8928f8-d9ueihk

Edited by residente

2 hours ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

what you could do is still pick up any dagger with covert lethality and use Inaros's first on strong enemies , say a lvl 120 bombard . and kill it with a finisher.

And you think a finisher with another melee weapon on a blinded enemy wouldn't instakill anyway?

I'm sorry, it's just that I love so much multi hitting weapons that I'm trying to find a way not to be "forced" using a dagger, which is quite the opposite.. 

Edited by siralextraffo

Honestly, in terms of lore, you can't beat Lesion. Not only is that his weapon of choice in all the promotional material, but it's what his statues are carrying - which would indicate that it was what he was wielding when he aided the Sky People.

QQBWVk9.jpg

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

And you think a finisher with another melee weapon on a blinded enemy wouldn't instakill anyway?

I'm sorry, it's just that I love so much multi hitting weapons that I'm trying to find a way not to be "forced" using a dagger, which is quite the opposite.. 

I'm not forcing you to use a dagger, im just suggesting that a dagger works totaly fine with inaros 1st. FYI not every weapon (litterally only daggers) can 1 hit a lvl 120 bombard atm. 

Btw i made more suggestion than just a dagger....

2 hours ago, Zero_Fate_Decoded said:

I'd say Dragon Nikana or Nikana prime with (Blood Rush) of course, but for Heavy, I'd go for War. for AOE go for Jet Kittag or Mios with (Primed Reach).

He's trying to find a melee fitting inaros. Not a pro holy S#&$ melee....

21 minutes ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

I'm not forcing you to use a dagger, im just suggesting that a dagger works totaly fine with inaros 1st. FYI not every weapon (litterally only daggers) can 1 hit a lvl 120 bombard atm. 

Btw i made more suggestion than just a dagger....

Yup and I thank you for that, I was just trying to understand how viable were other weapons compared to daggers, from a point of running with melee equipped!

I understand you're not trying to force me and I appreciate your suggestions!

On 3/8/2016 at 4:59 PM, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

He's trying to find a melee fitting inaros. Not a pro holy S#&$ melee....

Oh...then how about the Fang primes they have pretty cool color layout, or the dagger that are really good looking and some like the Karyst that are strong and might fit the style your looking for.... or The Reaper Prime it really good looking and has gotten a buff by [DE] so my recommendation is go for the Reaper prime it also PBR so go for it. 

4 hours ago, Roboplus said:

Ack and Brunt might not be the best choice lorewise, but Inaros is the only frame I've ever played that looked good with it.

I'm actually going on a polearm/staff, but I don't honestly know which is the best in those categories.

Now I'm also trying to find a Primary and Secondary lore fitting the frame!