Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert: 1000 Cuts Rare 4th rewards?

(PSN)A_SimpleName

See the datamined post Rift Sigil doesn't drop here. Surely, like I said 50 times before, ppl dropped it during the first hour of the event where you could drop slash mods as well but it was a bug.

It would be the happiest day of my life if Baro can bring this Rift Sigil with the slash mods tonight.

12 hours ago, Naruchico said:

20 runs and all runs have been r5x5...freaking rng

lol, RNG has little to do with drop rates... it's a weighted system (RNG has a minor effect on your chances of receiving any given drop)

and it seems from this thread that R5 cores are weighted at about 75%... just a guess of course, cause DEV are not telling us what drop weightings are

1 hour ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

lol, RNG has little to do with drop rates... it's a weighted system (RNG has a minor effect on your chances of receiving any given drop)

and it seems from this thread that R5 cores are weighted at about 75%... just a guess of course, cause DEV are not telling us what drop weightings are

Just because it's weighted doesn't mean rng isn't any less what determines what you get. Rng doesn't care about drop tables. If DE is using the simplest implementation I can imagine, they have a table of rewards with a weight for each reward, and then Rng picks a random value greater than 0 less than or equal to 1. The rng roll is not affected at all by the table, it has the same chance to land anywhere on its spectrum of possible values. The rng value would then be compared to the drop table and whichever drop has the sum of drop weights before it divided by total weight of all drops below the RNG value and sum of drop weights before plus its own weight divided by total weight of all drops is above or equal to the RNG value, that gets picked. There's no other mysterious factor that cancels out the RNG value.

If it weren't fully based on rng, what's the other factor that chooses the rng value? Time of day? Energy Color? Only Warframes with pink energy can roll between 0.3674378 and 0.3675339, and only between 0145 and 0147 GMT? 

No, it's pure rng and weighted rng is still just rng. 

I think we could safely agree to make a rant against de

I don't mind to do said number of shiz to get the highest reward (and don't bother exaggerating), but don't force the gamers to perform a chore.

Didn't de claim they're not gonna make more grind? First they encouraged draco, and now this

Edited by Jaruis

3 hours ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Just because it's weighted doesn't mean rng isn't any less what determines what you get. Rng doesn't care about drop tables. If DE is using the simplest implementation I can imagine, they have a table of rewards with a weight for each reward, and then Rng picks a random value greater than 0 less than or equal to 1. The rng roll is not affected at all by the table, it has the same chance to land anywhere on its spectrum of possible values. The rng value would then be compared to the drop table and whichever drop has the sum of drop weights before it divided by total weight of all drops below the RNG value and sum of drop weights before plus its own weight divided by total weight of all drops is above or equal to the RNG value, that gets picked. There's no other mysterious factor that cancels out the RNG value.

If it weren't fully based on rng, what's the other factor that chooses the rng value? Time of day? Energy Color? Only Warframes with pink energy can roll between 0.3674378 and 0.3675339, and only between 0145 and 0147 GMT? 

No, it's pure rng and weighted rng is still just rng. 

Another simple way to do it is to give each reward a numerical value.

Let's say for example that the R5 cores are given a numerical value of 0 to 74, and the RNG rolls between 0 and 99. There's a 75% it will pick a number that lands within the R5's parameters. As said, either way, RNG is entirely how drops work and it's entirely down to their server's internal clock that decides what number we get at any given millisecond.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordred_Tumultu said:

Just got a Mutagen Sample on PS4. I think the recent connectivity issues have goofed up the servers and rolled back on the change in reward pools.

My deduction: 

Yes, I think what happen is that DE do a global/consoles "rollback" on previous "save states" that the servers preserved. This is similar to when you reboot your PC back to past "safe" timeline. This would explain how they are able to rollback individual accounts and such. In short, to counter whatever "attacks"/connectivity issues that arises, the developer's easy and 1st go-to fix is to reload previous save.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

My pet peeve or petpeeves about Warframe..."God Grant me The Serenity to accept the things I can't change and change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Yeah I don't let Warframe or its changes really bother anymore as it's DE's baby and they will do anything they want too with it. "Baxter I'm not even up set, I'm impressed." Ron Burgundy.

56 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

First off the endurance part is at least kind of fun. I mean that in a way versus some of the other TA. The BIG ISSUE I have with this is the fact your RARE MODS are already in the game to go farm for. All the dual stat electric mods are rewards in HIVE MISSIONS.

Yes, I've found them all in hive missions when I ran several hundred to figure out corpus rare container spawn. Of course I had them since Tethra's doom event, so they were worthless to me. And now they are also worthless for trading.

Let's see, we have slash, impact, puncture mods, primed chamber, aviator. Yes, I actually use aviator sometimes. 

Those are all mods that are confirmed to be reintroduced and are not in the game. If you have 0.2% drop chances why not add all those?  I mean with primed chamber or latest impact set you can somewhat justify 0.2% drop chance, but lens and forma?  Like, why?

And since we're criticise and make suggestions here... Machete should really just drop from drekar scorpions as blueprint. And could use a small buff, to make it a sidegrade to skana, not a strict massive downgrade. Wraith version is somewhat ok, I've done the endurance with machete wraith. Lato, braton, snipetron vandals all would make more sense. Although they're probably saved for big time events, since they count as brand new releases on consoles.