The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Sentinels

-NEO-Roguelike

I can immediately say when my carrier is dead in high level missions coz ammo + energy is immediately lacking and I don't have the time to pick ammos+orbs one by one.

And yes sometimes my Carrier dies often sometimes not but it's the same with all sentinels so I prefer to take Carrier over the others any situation.

Edited by Feardorcha

3 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Well, ~95% of Warframe players rather play the game and do fun stuff than run around and pick up loot piece by piece. At least that's what DE's own companion usage statistics say.

Thats so over exaggerated, everyone always says the same. Yet ive got all the loot i see naturally, with no extra effort.

I just dont see it.

Just now, Misgenesis said:

Thats so over exaggerated, everyone always says the same. Yet ive got all the loot i see naturally, with no extra effort.

I just dont see it.

No, it's not exaggerated. Carrier is really being used that much over all the other companions. DE has statistics about such stuff. The overwhelming majority of warframe player finds picking up loot annoying and uses Carrier almost always.

1 minute ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

No, it's not exaggerated. Carrier is really being used that much over all the other companions. DE has statistics about such stuff. The overwhelming majority of warframe player finds picking up loot annoying and uses Carrier almost always.

No i believe the stats. But 'piece by piece' makes it sound like it takes some ungodly amount of effort. 

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

No i believe the stats. But 'piece by piece' makes it sound like it takes some ungodly amount of effort. 

The default pick up radius extends around a meter around your warframe. You are virtually picking up loot piece by piece without Carrier.

Just now, ----Fenrir---- said:

The default pick up radius extends around a meter around your warframe. You are virtually picking up loot piece by piece without Carrier.

Well sure, but it takes no effort to do so.

I could maybe see use for it in interception maps. But even then you have the time to pick stuff up.

18 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

I just dont see it.

Carrier users greatly exaggerate the importance and usefulness of loot drops. 

I stop using carrier a looong time ago and see no major difference in my effectiveness. I don't rely on orbs for energy or health and I have an abundance in most resources by just playing naturally. Why does a long time player need carrier again?

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Carrier users greatly exaggerate the importance and usefulness of loot drops. 

I stop using carrier a looong time ago and see no major difference in my effectiveness. I don't rely on orbs for energy or health and I have an abundance in most resources by just playing naturally. Why does a long time player need carrier again?

Yeah long time player as well. Leveled it not too long ago (MR fodder :^)) and i wasnt too amazed by it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Removed MEGATHREAD tag. Please reserve the use of this tag for the forum staff only.

One question.

If you only want the staff to use it (which I completely understand), why not restrict it from the average users? It'd stop the abuse of the megathread tag.

34 minutes ago, Valsako said:

One question.

If you only want the staff to use it (which I completely understand), why not restrict it from the average users? It'd stop the abuse of the megathread tag.

Because the new forums are still a WIP and just because its there doesn't mean you have to use it.  Especially when starting a brand new post.  Megathread is clearly a tag designed to be used when several similar threads are merged together (by a mod) and has no logical reason to be used by a normal poster.

Same as PSA is staff only.  The tags were designed to make it easier and quicker to identify (not to mention filtered) threads for a certain purpose.  Same as it was previously frowned upon to put PSA in a thread's title.  Same thing applies here, anyone can put PSA in a title, doesn't mean they should.  I'm sure eventually it will be restricted to staff only.  Taking advantage of overlooked security settings doesn't make the ability to use something proper.

On Topic :  Carrier serves a purpose as do all sentinels, if you have a specific sentinel you prefer that you feel doesn't do its job optimally, make a feedback about it, what you see it lacking in and if you feel like it, some suggestions on how to make it better.  Any thread with "Carrier is better, noone uses anything else" will be met with people who strongly disagree, and who in fact do use other companions exclusively.  Yes, I experienced this personally having done the same myself at one time, suggesting changes to carrier.

After doing so and seeing all the people who use other companions, I decided to try a few out for myself.  Yes it requires you to pick things up manually, but with anything you do, especially in a game, the more you do it the more it becomes second nature.  And depending on the companion selected, can in fact outweigh the benefits of choosing carrier instead.  Personally I incubated a freaking enormous kubrow that I enjoy having in missions, with a major upside of it not dying immediately against things that render me without a carrier for the duration of a mission in moments.

Edited by Xekrin

3 hours ago, DeMeritus said:

Sahasa doesn't pick up drops.  It spawns new drops from the ground when there aren't too many enemies nearby.  Big difference.

My bad, I meant Chesa. Drops were right next to her when I was trying to farm ODD for nano spores.

8 hours ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

I haven't farmed that stuff in months not sure what your making but only thing i ever farm now are neural sensors and nurodes lol. But my point is if your not farming everything else do you really need carrier ? 

Lor + nm lor + jordas raids keys = 40k nanos and 2k plastids everyday

ps: you could get neurodes playing lor, makes no sense farm em

Edited by (PS4)KrakenUnchained

Most of what is said on this topic, is and always will be, I'm too lazy to do x so I use y.

Personally, I use carrier because im too lazy to care about loot. I also find it to be good with frames that use channels because now i just auto pick up energy and so i dont have to worry about falling out of the channel. This is especially useful in thing like the cuts tactical alert where max energy is greatly limited. I also find carrier great with using the operator for i can pick up loot vs lvl 100+ enemies with 100% safety and without interrupting the flow of gameplay for others.

With melee builds i often find myself just taking of sent guns instead of switching sents to aggro enemies because survivability is not my issue. Its trying to kill enemies before my sent does. In these cases I'd rather be able to melee something before lvl 50, but this isn't an issue so much of what sent to use but more about unequiping the sent weapon.

Only other sent i'll tend to use is helios for scans (and also usually unequip weapon so it doesn't kill everything before it can be scanned). Not really noticed much of a benefit from other sents to invest much into them. I dont really need to farm for resources or items though, but i'd rather keep getting them to near 100% pickup so that I wont have to afk farm any mission for resources in the future. So im likely to stick with the carrier.

The only major problem with the carrier that I have is that it picks up everything when you are -1 from max which can be very inefficient when using very cheap or channeling abilities. I would personally like it better if it didn't pick it up until you were more like -10 or -25 from max. Or just give it (or all sents) an ability for the user to toggle on and off its special abilities.

Personally I dont find sents all that necessary and would rather use them than kubrows (hate the upkeep and hate reviving everyone's kubrows) and would rather use career than no sent. Although watching kubrows maul dudes the first few times was fairly amusing.

My view is, and has been for ages, that there's a simple solution.

Give us 2 Companion slots.

Make it so you can't have duplicate Companions, but this would allow a Sentinel and a Kubrow, 2 different Kubrow types, 2 different Sentinel types, etc. (It'd also require us to be able to have 2 Kubrows out of stasis, this could be achieved with a simple upgrade module.)

I'd run a Carrier and a Helios, or a Carrier and Kubrow fairly commonly if this were the case. As is, my Kubrows commonly collect dust.

It'd add a bit of diversity to it, and likely create some interesting combinations.

18 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You really can't see the benefit of a sentinel that picks up every piece of loot within a large vicinity in a farm heavy game?  Really?

tumblr_mlf666mkmi1rj072go1_400.gif

Really?

Yes because we can just as easily pick it up ourselves. It takes the same amount of time.

4 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Yes because we can just as easily pick it up ourselves. It takes the same amount of time.

No, that is simply not true. Just imagine cleaning a room with a vacuum cleaner. One is really really tiny and covers an area of let's say 10cm. The other covers a much lager area.

Are you really trying to tell us that cleaning that room with the tiny vacuum cleaner will not take longer than with the other one?

2 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

No, that is simply not true. Just imagine cleaning a room with a vacuum cleaner. One is really really tiny and covers an area of let's say 10cm. The other covers a much lager area.

Are you really trying to tell us that cleaning that room with the tiny vacuum cleaner will not take longer than with the other one?

That is a bad analogy. Your feet are practically a vacuum cleaner, you just need to walk over them to collect them.

Just now, Basdiow said:

That is a bad analogy. Your feet are practically a vacuum cleaner, you just need to walk over them to collect them.

No, it's not a bad analogy. Your feet are a vacuum cleaner, yet a really tiny one that has to pick up stuff piece by piece. With Carrier on the other hand you can just jump over an area and do some parkour stuff and he will pick everything up on the way and you can cover a huge area in almost no time.

18 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You really can't see the benefit of a sentinel that picks up every piece of loot within a large vicinity in a farm heavy game?  Really?

tumblr_mlf666mkmi1rj072go1_400.gif

Really?

It's not that large of an area, and you know, you can move.  And it serves no purpose at much higher levels because it dies to AOE too much. My 6K HP kubrow that can CC heavy enemies and instantly heal anytime I melee something is far more useful.

Just now, Gelkor said:

It's not that large of an area, and you know, you can move.  And it serves no purpose at much higher levels because it dies to AOE too much. My 6K HP kubrow that can CC heavy enemies and instantly heal anytime I melee something is far more useful.

The area is HUGE compared to the default pick up radius. And Carrier works just fine in higher levels. Frost's globe protects Sentinels too. And for the rest there is always Invisibility. With Shadow Step I can easily do a 2 hours survival with Valkyr and not lose my Carrier. Infact it's the most use Valkyr gets out of Shadow Step since she is invincible anyway^^ Loki and Ivara also have no problem with Sentinel Survival.

And even on other frames without Shadow Step Carrier Prime has enough HP and Armor to survive up to 60 minutes in a survival.

8 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

The area is HUGE compared to the default pick up radius. And Carrier works just fine in higher levels. Frost's globe protects Sentinels too. And for the rest there is always Invisibility. With Shadow Step I can easily do a 2 hours survival with Valkyr and not lose my Carrier. Infact it's the most use Valkyr gets out of Shadow Step since she is invincible anyway^^ Loki and Ivara also have no problem with Sentinel Survival.

And even on other frames without Shadow Step Carrier Prime has enough HP and Armor to survive up to 60 minutes in a survival.

All of the companions have a point if you're lazy about something, is my point.  Carrier is if you are too lazy to move to objects, Helios is if you are too lazy to swap to your scanner, Kubrows are if you are too lazy to keep your pet alive.  I mostly keep my kubrow around just for kicks, *shrug*

Edited by Gelkor

Just now, Gelkor said:

All of the companions have a point if you're lazy about something, is my point.  Carrier is if you are too lazy to move to objects, Helios is if you are too lazy to swap to your scanner, Kubrows are if you are too lazy to keep your pet alive. 

...So what is Shade suppose to be lazy with...