Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Simaris mods worth a slot?

(XBOX)Skode

Question

11 answers to this question

I could see the energy one being decent in builds that don't cast abilities too often or only need to cast it once.  Think of the chanalling ability wareframes: Exalted Blade and Hysteria got a huge boost to their powerstrength just by picking up one energy orb before activating the ability.  Not to mention World on Fire... Oh no... What have I done!?

2 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

I could see the energy one being decent in builds that don't cast abilities too often or only need to cast it once.  Think of the chanalling ability wareframes: Exalted Blade and Hysteria got a huge boost to their powerstrength just by picking up one energy orb before activating the ability.  Not to mention World on Fire... Oh no... What have I done!?

Does it effect all abilities... Energy Orb = 30% more lethal Shadows/Rumblers etc?

Health Conversion initially might seem good on Nekros but not least since it actually already decays on Shield hits (wat),

I'd still rather go for either Shield of Shadows or Rage + P Flow + Quick Thinking for added defense.

Energy Conversion is like a second / conditional Transient Fortitude ... might be nice for permanent toggles like World on Fire, I guess.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

Does it effect all abilities... Energy Orb = 30% more lethal Shadows/Rumblers etc?

Yes.  From what I here, it does exactly what it says on the tin.  "Energy orbs grant 50% more power strength to your next ability cast."  So if your base power strength is 100% and you pick up an orb, your next ability will have 150% strength for the full duration of that one ability.

1 hour ago, Sixty5 said:

Was theorycrafting a Rhino Build last night, with max power strength, armour and the health conversion mod, Iron Skin can have upwards of 26k effective HP

You can reach more with a well timed Ironclad Charge with less of a hassle and the problem of where would you be finding those health orbs as a Rhino though.

1 hour ago, Grimlock84 said:

Health conversion can make face- tanks out of oberon and Nekros.

The problem with Oberon is that he only spawns those on Reckoning's kills - when you'll actually need that stuff up and running Reckoning's killing power will be nearly zero.

Only two frames that can keep this up (and mind, only one of them is actually viable imho) are Nekros (Desecrate) and Trinity (Pool of Life augment for Well of Life - still pretty much S#&$e, but in theory it works).

Only need to check something, is a energy that gives you health through Equilibrium considered a health or an energy orb? Or both?

13 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

You can reach more with a well timed Ironclad Charge with less of a hassle and the problem of where would you be finding those health orbs as a Rhino though.

Its more a matter of thinking about how those mods could potentially be used. I never really tested IC too much, but thinking like that it has the potential to be really strong with both

Rather depends on how IC interacts on Health Conversion. If it considers it part of the base armour, then oh god. You only need to cast IS once in that case. In the case of the build i personally use a Charge hitting 10 targets (a lot, i know, but bear with me) with HC considered as base armour would hit 45.6k HP of IS alone before absorption starts .-.

I have had Health Conversion now for a few days and its decent at best, tried it on both nekros and oberon (can also be used with Pool of Life augment on Trinity). It works much better on nekros but truth is the armor decays so fast that you hardly feel the benefits, I think its inferior to shield of shadows augment. I have been theory crafting a build on my nekros to fit both shield of shadows and health conversion, interestingly I managed to also fit energy conversion on it too:

Warframe0082_zpslkgdgri9.jpg

Warframe0086_zpsbg9i8hua.jpg

Note, Health Conversion does not work with Equilibrium.

As for energy conversion I need to play test it more but due to constant disconnects I can't stay on the simulacrum long enough to see how it works. :/ From the little I noticed is that it works great with toggeable abilities but once you cast another ability the toggeable power losses the boost. Again, i need to test it more to see if this is true. Been trying it on my ember first and have considered adding it to my excal:

Warframe0083_zpsbtnigkpd.jpg

As for Looter, well the carrier basically just attacks crates like it were an enemy. I did not notice if it doesn't prioritize them over enemies but it does have a short range.

Warframe0084_zpsu1ttuquc.jpg

Edited by S0V3REiGN